Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So Do We Really Need A De Next Year???

qcraftsman

Unless Matt Leinart is still is on the draft board, the early suggestion is the Jets, who have the No. 4 pick, are more interested in a veteran quarterback (Patrick Ramsey and Kerry Collins are free agents) because Chad Pennington's future is murky.

-- Newsday

There are signals that the Jets will seriously consider trading John Abraham to fill multiple needs. Abraham's constant chatter about his interest in a long-term contract was getting old last year.

-- Newsday

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scorecard/01/02/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html

Trade Ramsey for Abraham, groom Jason Campbell to be our #2 behind Mark, who will probably be playing his last season here, and sign a cheap 3rd string vet QB. Wynn is expendable. That will solve our pass rushing problems.

What we need for next year

1 WR to play #2 to Moss

1-2 DLinemen that can pass rush. Daniels has stepped up, but our front 4 have struggled getting *consistent* pass rush.

1 CB for depth and eventual replacement of Springs

1 OL for depth if the back ups we have now can't cut it. (Ray Brown has done well, but it is only a matter of time)

1 OLB if Lavar is gone

We could use a new kicker but it isn't a pressing need

I think we have to draft atleast one DL but seeing as how we will never do that FA will be how we get it if at all.

We need a DE especially in the draft. Few WR come out strong in their first year. DE's have a better chance to shine. Look at Freeney, Merriman, Kearse, etc. So, if we can get a solid move the chains receiver in free agency (not a superstar just a good complement) and a good potential guy at DE in the second round, I'd be happy.

Unless Matt Leinart is still is on the draft board, the early suggestion is the Jets, who have the No. 4 pick, are more interested in a veteran quarterback (Patrick Ramsey and Kerry Collins are free agents) because Chad Pennington's future is murky.

-- Newsday

There are signals that the Jets will seriously consider trading John Abraham to fill multiple needs. Abraham's constant chatter about his interest in a long-term contract was getting old last year.

-- Newsday

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scorecard/01/02/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html

Trade Ramsey for Abraham, groom Jason Campbell to be our #2 behind Mark, who will probably be playing his last season here, and sign a cheap 3rd string vet QB. Wynn is expendable. That will solve our pass rushing problems.

I kinda like this idea. Its the best one I've heard so far regarding Ramsey. Trade him for a good DE. Thats a position we could fill pretty well with Ramsey and get some above mediocre YOUNG talent, but he's gotta be somebody whos got a good motor and is coachable. I dont want a "Brett Farve of Defense", and you know who these kind of players are.

Archived