Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will We Run the Table?

#1SkinsFan

The Redskins won't even beat Tampa...how will they run the table???

we beat ya'll last time and you know it!

I was asking the Skins fans, will we run the table?

We are arguably playing the best football in the NFC, and i think our team has the confidence to beat anyone right now and I dont see Tampa Bay as a problem. Besides their defense, I think we should be able to hold their offense mainly b/c we have Sean Taylor back who didnt play last time vs. Tampa, and our team is playing great defensively and offensively, and I think we should pull it out.

:logo:

The Redskins won't even beat Tampa...how will they run the table???

have you actually been watchin tampa play? did you see them get destroyed and humiliated by the pats? did you see them need a miracle to beat the lowly falcons?

tampa is like giants lite. very similar teams, but weaker at every key position. we basically beat the giants 35 to 3 (if you take away the miracle tip touchdown and the interception for a TD. I don't think the bucs could beat the giants and they definitely won't beat us.

can we run the table. it all comes down to injuries. if we stay healthy, yes, if not, may be hard.

two things that make me nervous? special teams and our secondary.

here is the key - we are not really playing all that well and yet are still winning against good teams. earlier in the season we lost 5 out of 6 games in the 4th quarter. now we are BEATING teams up in the 4th quarter. that's the difference. we don't look tired in the 4th quarter due to our balance whereas our opponents look worn out and start making mistakes.

here is the key - we are not really playing all that well and yet are still winning against good teams. earlier in the season we lost 5 out of 6 games in the 4th quarter. now we are BEATING teams up in the 4th quarter. that's the difference. we don't look tired in the 4th quarter due to our balance whereas our opponents look worn out and start making mistakes.

agreed, if we play good balanced football the entire game, like we did vs. Dallas and NYG, and dont come out sloppy like against the eagles, then i think we have a good shot at winning in the playoffs. Also, our injured players have to heal and should try to play. If we get some of them better, then i really think we'll be in good shape.

It's possible, but history is against us.

No 5 or 6 seed has made it to the Super Bowl since the playoffs were expanded to 12 teams in 1990.

Also, the Redskins have not really been a very good road team this year. Winning out at Tampa, Seattle, and Chicago would be a very tall order.

I'm not trying to be negative here - just realistic. Joe Gibbs should never be counted out during the playoffs so the Skins do have a shot.

Even if they lose in Tampa this weekend this season has been a great success. Joe Gibbs has gone a long way in eliminating the culture of losing that has persisted here since Norv Turner. If the Redskins can pick up a #2 wide receiver and some pass rushing help over the offseason, they will be a very dangerous team next year.

It's possible, but history is against us.

No 5 or 6 seed has made it to the Super Bowl since the playoffs were expanded to 12 teams in 1990.

Also, the Redskins have not really been a very good road team this year. Winning out at Tampa, Seattle, and Chicago would be a very tall order.

I'm not trying to be negative here - just realistic. Joe Gibbs should never be counted out during the playoffs so the Skins do have a shot.

Even if they lose in Tampa this weekend this season has been a great success. Joe Gibbs has gone a long way in eliminating the culture of losing that has persisted here since Norv Turner. If the Redskins can pick up a #2 wide receiver and some pass rushing help over the offseason, they will be a very dangerous team next year.

Agreed. I to believe that this season has been a humongous success, and i think that this team will be good for years to come.

They can beat the Bucs without a doubt. After that against Seattle could be tough but they haven't played well in the past 3 weeks and our defense will match up well if the injured guys make it back. They are undefeated at home this year though but barely beat the Giants there and the Giants are worse than the Redskins on the road.

Gotta be hoping that Brunell gets un-injured because it doesn't look like he is going to get pulled even if he's out there riding around in a wheelchair.

I won't lie. I'd be disappointed as hell with this season. I think we were better than 10-6 and I think we should have been champs of the East. I think we should at least have a semi-homefield advantage. Injuries have hurt, yes, but for the most part, the games we lost just struck me as a team/staff not yet ready for true prime time.

This run has been great and if they beat Tampa and then Seattle, there's a chance they could host a playoff game (Carolina) Let's hope they do just enough to pull it out kinda like Tampa was doing in that playoff run where they lost in the NFC Title game. I'll be happy with an NFC Title game appearance.

I won't lie. I'd be disappointed as hell with this season. I think we were better than 10-6 and I think we should have been champs of the East. I think we should at least have a semi-homefield advantage. Injuries have hurt, yes, but for the most part, the games we lost just struck me as a team/staff not yet ready for true prime time.

This run has been great and if they beat Tampa and then Seattle, there's a chance they could host a playoff game (Carolina) Let's hope they do just enough to pull it out kinda like Tampa was doing in that playoff run where they lost in the NFC Title game. I'll be happy with an NFC Title game appearance.

Actually we can't have the NFC Championship at home. We are the 6th seed.

I think that realistically the redskins are going to be 1 and done in the playoffs, but that's nothing to be ashamed of. At least you got there. Your team was 10-6 and went down to the final game of the year to determine whether or not there was a post season for a reason.

We made the playoffs...if we defeat Tampa Bay, but lose to Seattle, I will still be happy about this season...we did good, and we'll do better next season.

2004 - Redskins were a mediocre team.

2005 - Redskins were a good team. Playoffs...maybe more???

2006 - Redskins will be a GREAT team. Super Bowl XLI will be ours!

HTTR!!! :cheers:

Damn. I totally spaced on Carolina being 11-5.

Man, that Raider game (or Denver or TB) looms large.

Hell even the KC and SD games were very winnable.

I blame the refs but if the team was 5% better at the time we would have won all of those games anyway.

Archived