Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Playoff Viewing Emergency in Mexico

Corribus

Hi all -

First, I'm ecstatic the Redskins made the playoffs. Unfortunately, next Saturday I'm travelling to Mexico (Cancun) for a week vacation. (Don't ask me why I agreed to go ANYWHERE in January...) Anyway, assuming I'm off the airplane and in the hotel room by kickoff time, is there anyone here who knows what the broadcasting is like for NFL playoff games in Mexico? Are they usually live, or delayed? Or, God forbid, not broadcast at all?

Argh...

Corribus

p.s. Assuming we beat the Bucs on Saturday, will our game the next week against the Seaturds be on Sunday (I hope - will be home by then) or Saturday (I hope not - will be on a plane again)... or haven't they been scheduled yet?

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Espn International buddy, all hotels in Cancun have either local cable, Sky satellite TV or in most cases, american Directv.

If you are at the hotel room, just tune to ESPN Internacional, the only thing would be that the broadcast will be in spanish.

I live 6.5 hrs. away from Cancun.

Mauricio

ESPN in Mexico will undoubtably be showing soccer practice coverage over football. There are 2 Marriott Resort hotels. One has a Champions sports bar attached to it. That is where I watched the draft. There was NO draft coverage on ESPN. There was no sports on tv in my hotel except for soccer.

I'll get the name and address of the hotel for you. It is on the strip.

Hi all -

First, I'm ecstatic the Redskins made the playoffs. Unfortunately, next Saturday I'm travelling to Mexico (Cancun) for a week vacation. (Don't ask me why I agreed to go ANYWHERE in January...) Anyway, assuming I'm off the airplane and in the hotel room by kickoff time, is there anyone here who knows what the broadcasting is like for NFL playoff games in Mexico? Are they usually live, or delayed? Or, God forbid, not broadcast at all?

Argh...

Corribus

p.s. Assuming we beat the Bucs on Saturday, will our game the next week against the Seaturds be on Sunday (I hope - will be home by then) or Saturday (I hope not - will be on a plane again)... or haven't they been scheduled yet?

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Damn...Cancun got crushed by Wilma...they back up and running normally again already???

I was wondering the same! I thought Cancun was still a mess!

From what I understand it's still sort of a mess, but our hotel was not hit hard, so we're still going. If nothing else, maybe it won't be crowded.

And even if I had to drive from Cancun all the way to Texas to see the game, I'd be doing it. But I'd rather just have to walk across the street. :D

C.

Hey!!! no problem my friend!!!

The game will be LIVE on ESPN latin america at 3:00 pm local time (4 pm ET)

Every cable or satellital system has ESPN LA, so you may no have any problem to watch the game.

Any BAR will broadcast the playoffs, even the lobby bar at your hotel. Here in Mexico there is a strong NFL fan base, we get the playoffs live every year...

Enjoy your stay, and Welcome to Mexico!!!!

Hail to the Redskins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:logo: :logo:

I think you're fairly safe trying this on ESPN Latin America or a sports bar. It's not like you're the only gringo in Cancun trying to watch the games.

If you *must* be sure that you can watch the game, your hotel has internet access, and you have a laptop, get a slingbox. It'll run you $250, however, so like I say you probably are better off just going down there.

I think you're fairly safe trying this on ESPN Latin America or a sports bar. It's not like you're the only gringo in Cancun trying to watch the games.

If you *must* be sure that you can watch the game, your hotel has internet access, and you have a laptop, get a slingbox. It'll run you $250, however, so like I say you probably are better off just going down there.

If you go that route, which actually is the way I'd go so I could just stay in my room, make sure that you get free broadband access.

ESPN in Mexico will undoubtably be showing soccer practice coverage over football. There are 2 Marriott Resort hotels. One has a Champions sports bar attached to it. That is where I watched the draft. There was NO draft coverage on ESPN. There was no sports on tv in my hotel except for soccer.

I'll get the name and address of the hotel for you. It is on the strip.

hey Monte, it's the Playoffs ESPN Latin America will show them if they're on ABC, the games on Fox will be aired on FoxSports Latin America too.

Espn does covers the draft, but only for about 3 - 4 hours, sometimes we don't get to watch the entire 1st round, it sucks, that's why I got american Directv :D

Archived