Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

the difference a single bad call can make

bubba9497

... which, as anyone sane watching knows, it should have been, then:

Redskins finish 11-5, win the division, and receive the #2 seed with homefield until the title game.

That's right, that play cost us 4 seed spots. How irritating is that?

Now, of course, had the Bears been playing for a higher seed, we might have seen Grossman against the Vikes in week 17, etc., but still... ergh.

alstott2ptconv1_highlight.jpg

There's that elbow carrying the ball crossing the line. Gotta hate it when the refs get it right....

Of course, the Skins would rather complain about that than admit Gibbs & Co. had time to win the game post-2pt call and didn't.

If only this had happened or that had happened ad nauseum. You guys are on a great run and have made the playoffs.

See ya on Saturday.

Actually it was 4 horrible calls (well one noncall) by the refs.

Number 1: The supposed PUSHOUT catch by Galloway, I beleive, that resulted in a TD in the 1st quarter. Clearly the Bucs WR was not pushed out at all and even both announcers said so.

Number 2: Down 10-7 in the beginning of the 2nd quarter, Brunell throws a screen pass to Moss and is CLEARLY BLATANTLY held, resulting in a pick (we were in scoring territory, driving down the field at the time).

Number 3: The call that we were offsides on the extra point block at the end of the game. Watching in slow motion replay it seems CLEAR to me that we timed it PERFECTLY.

Number 4: The most obvious and biggest call of all, the 2-pt. conversion. Everyone in America clearly sees Alstott's elbow hit a good inch or two before the line, everyone except the one person that matters, the ref.

So you have 4 huge controversial calls, ALL favored in the Bucs direction. And we lost by ONE point. This sunday's gonna be different fella's, just wait and see!:)

I disagree with you. That game probably would have made us the 3 seed. I know mathematically it would give us the 2 seed but Chicago was playing a meaningless game. They let Orton start, I wouldn't count on the Bears losing to the Vikings in a game that mattered. Anyways, thats the past, its over.

yes another rehash of the Alsott conversion debacle.

however with a twist. I just want to show why I get so upset over a single blown call... and what the results can be.

If the correct call would have been made

The Skins finish 11-5

Win the NFC East

End up the #2 seed since we beat Chicago

Have a bye

have a home field playoff game

and if Seattle got beat, home field throughout the playoffs

and before someone says, if we had played better against (insert team) we would have had that too, the difference being... we did play better, and did what it took to win on that play (twice) and it was taken away from us.

That is all

reality does not work that way, if you changed one event in the past all the following events would be different as well. so who's to say that if you had won the bucs game the skins wouldn't have lost every other game following that one? you could have been 11-5. you obviously haven't watched enough star trek.

yes another rehash of the Alsott conversion debacle.

however with a twist. I just want to show why I get so upset over a single blown call... and what the results can be.

If the correct call would have been made

The Skins finish 11-5

Win the NFC East

End up the #2 seed since we beat Chicago

Have a bye

have a home field playoff game

and if Seattle got beat, home field throughout the playoffs

and before someone says, if we had played better against (insert team) we would have had that too, the difference being... we did play better, and did what it took to win on that play (twice) and it was taken away from us.

That is all

Exactly..one blown call..

Archived