Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Saturday?

Burgold

I'm worried about having to play after a short week with all the nicks and wounded guys who have to recover. I'm real worried about our secondary situation. Still, just to be there against a team that we played even with we have a good shot. At least we've already done a lot of the homework on these guys and our strategies were pretty effective offensively. Defensively, hopefully they figured out what went wrong.

I'm worried about the short week too, but I think that's what the 6th seed gets.. Giants get an extra day (they played Sat night), we get a short week.

But all in all, it'll work out. If it's meant to be.. we won't need the time... I just hope the injured get healthy.

I'm worried about having to play after a short week with all the nicks and wounded guys who have to recover. I'm real worried about our secondary situation. Still, just to be there against a team that we played even with we have a good shot. At least we've already done a lot of the homework on these guys and our strategies were pretty effective offensively. Defensively, hopefully they figured out what went wrong.

Im a little worried about our secondary position too. The last time we played Tampa, we got burned for huge pass plays. Hopefully JG will figure out some ways to stop them despite our injuries in the secondary. I think we can pull together and muster out a win though. If we pound the ball with Portis and Betts and have the option to throw to Coooley and Moss, then we will do well on offense. On defense, we need to stop Cadilac on the ground and that passing game (Gallaway) that burned us last time. We can do it. :logo::helmet::logo:

The only things that GW has not seemed to be able to come up with an answer for is when Sean Taylor and C. Griffen are not available (there may be some others but we've not been in position to find out).

I think on offense, JG will want to grind it out so as not to give the Bucs too many opportunities. Defensively, while a good pass 4-5 man rush is needed, Griffen and Joe need to keep Simms from stepping into his passes which will prevent a lot of passes from hitting open men cleanly. We need to cut his passing lanes so he has to put air under the ball so he loses advantage there.

Archived