Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Turnover Ratio for the last five weeks

rtbasye

The skins have really turned it around on defense, a stat that hasnt really been talked about a lot- our turn over ratio. In mid-season, we in the bottom 2-3 in the NFL with all of the fumbles and miscues, at around a -15 turnover ratio.

Right now we are up to a +1. Once again the battle of the turnovers will rule the day down in Tampa. If we win the the turnover battle, I say we win the game.

I had been thinking about this as well. To finish up the season at +1 is amazing considering where we were. Some of it is luck, as the announcers mentioned we are one of the top teams in creating fumbles, but just not recovering them. However, a lot of it is hard work to create those chances and we finally got some balls to bounce our way. I think we've been protecting the ball a lot better. When is the last time we lost a fumble?

It isnt so much luck. Early in the season we werent working hard enough to recover fumbles, on both sides of the ball. I think the coaches eventually fixed that, because I saw plays when it just looked like players werent aware there was a fumble, or really didnt go after it like they should. Now things have changed.

This is an amazing part of the turnaround. It seemed like we just weren't getting any better in this area. We couldn't hold onto the football on offense, and we couldn't steal it on defense. We knew that if they could fix the turnover problem this would be a good team, and sure enough that's what happened. Yesterday it was huge. The offense wasn't great but it protected the football, and the defense made all the big plays we needed after giving up some big plays. Winning the game that way was poetic justice considering all the games we've lost because of turnovers.

Archived