Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

42-year old 'skins' record broken..

cjbrown

by Santana Moss in his first season as a 'skin (Breaking Bobby Mitchell's record). What a great trade. I remember when a lot of people said Gibbs could not function as an evaluator of talent, using Brunell as the prime example (and it appeared with good reason).

But, look at Portis and Moss, both record breakers, and good team players (in Portis' case multiple personality player).

It is great to see the skins playing like the skins of old; half-time adjustments, strong running game, backups that fill-in admirably, strong defense, turnovers when needed, and pretty good special teams. Lots of no-name blue-collar type players with heart. Can't wait to see some of the practice squad players mature.

:helmet: :eaglesuck ;)

PS. Did Mitchell do it in 14 games?

Santana Moss did what Michael Westbrook should have done 6 or 7 years ago. I'm glad we have him. I remember getting Bobby Mitchell's autograph a few years back. I'm happy for Santana Moss because now he'll be compared to the likes of Bobby Mitchell, Charley Taylor, Art Monk, Ricky Sanders, Gary Clark,and Henry Ellard.

by Santana Moss in his first season as a 'skin (Breaking Bobby Mitchell's record). What a great trade. I remember when a lot of people said Gibbs could not function as an evaluator of talent, using Brunell as the prime example (and it appeared with good reason).

On top of Moss and Portis, look at BRUNELL now. Look at Cooley who he traded up to get. Every single guy we have brought in during the Gibbs/Williams era is panning out. These guys know talent when they see it.

I think that Dimitri Patterson guy on our practice squads gonna be pretty good in his career. He seems to have a nose for the ball and if he can cover as a nickel corner reasonably well its gonna be fun to see him go from the practice squad to the roster and contribute like Lemar Marshall did.

Archived