Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No More New Jerseys

mrjoolius

Shar Pourdanesh and James Thrash used to live across from my townhome. Funny story, when I first purchased my home, James Thrash had already been in Philly for a year. Apparently, his house was still for sale a year later in VA. I was just walking through checking out a townhome and I walk into one of the bedrooms and in the closet is a huge poster-sized football card of none other than James Thrash. I was like damn this person must have been a huge Thrash fan. (But seriously who would be a fan of a #4 WR?) Then I saw a trophy in the shape of a football helmet with the inscription: NFL Man of the Year Award - James Thrash. Ahahahaha. Too bad he didn't move back to his old house when he returned.

despite potential team-records from portis and moss (and a great story for brunell), i think cooley's won the city's heart and it would take a johnny damon-esque move to destroy those warm and fuzzy feelings. i think cc's a solid jersey ...

that said, larry bowie had a similar aura (at a similar position) for a short time, but the team was probably less enamoring

I have a buddy that has the Kiss of Death when it comes to Redskins jerseys.

If he buys a jersey, that player won't be on the team in 2 years. I kid you not.

Here's a list of the jerseys that are now in his closet:

1) Heath Shuler Authentic- he's got to be the only person in america with an authentic heath schuler jersey still sitting around

2) Steven Davis (left the next offseason)

3) Brad Johnson (same)

4) Terry Allen (same)

5) Champ Bailey- (This one was funny b/c he actually knew of his bad luck with jerseys, and bought a Champ jersey b/c he was tired of the players he was buying leaving. He said, "Well, I'll just get Champ's. There's no way he'll leave or get traded...")

6) Patrick Ramsey- bought it on discount at the beginning of last season, looked promising towards the end of the season, but then his curse kicked in...

I've got a few that are out of date myself, but nothing like that. Someone should give me the hotline to the Skins players so that I can warm them that they're about to retire, get traded, or get cut as soon as he buys their jersey... lol

EDIT- I bought him a Sean Taylor jersey for his birthday last year. Fortunately, Taylor is still around, but he did change jersey numbers, so now that jersey's out of date too... lol

My first jersey was a gift. A Redskin jersey with the number 81 without Monk on the back. My 2nd jersey was also a gift. A Redskin jersey with double zero ( 00 ) and my last name on the back. Since I will always be a skin fan this jersey will last me for the rest of my life. P.S. my wife has a Cooley number 47 jersey.

hey complainers.... i hope you bought lavars jersey a couple seasons ago... so you got good use out of it, i mean you spend what atleast $50 on it... some people spend that on colared shirts and don't use them as much as you use your jersey. I bought my portis jersey when he got here... i'm probably going to have it for atleast 5 years. That's $10 a season i think i can afford that...I had lav coles jersey... i burnt it... i have a portis, sean taylor, and next will be carlos rogers and santana moss....

I have a Rod Gardner jersey (got it cheap a few years ago). It's from the throwback year, and I want to change the name on the back from "Gardner" to "C. Brown." (Charlie Brown was also number 87.) Any one have an idea of any sporting stores that will change the name? I saw a thread a few months back, where someone had changed their Trotter Redskins jersey to "Eagles Suck." Thought it was a great idea to give a jersey a new life.

i've been saying that for the past year, but then i got a portis and thrash for christmas.....

i have a trotter :doh:, a lavar, a samuels, a taylor, a portis and a thrash. i really want an art monk.

at least I am not the only one with a trotter jersey:doh:

I have a taylor and arrington also. marcus washington wouldnt be a bad jersey to get either.

That's why I got #33, Sammy Baugh, the greatest Redskin ever. Led the league in passing, punting and interceptions. That will never change. I have bought three different jerseys of players that left. But Sammy is a Skin for life

My first retro replica was an Arrington that I had to be really creative to even get produced (before he signed the NFLPA contract). MY second was a Baugh. I'm not giving up on Lavar, but I'll never buy another current player jersey again. It will be my name or a Redskins great.

Just have the letters on your jersey changed. I want to buy a Taylor jersey, but don't know 1) if he will change his number again, or 2) how long he will be with the team.

I purchased an authentic Bailey (regular (me) and 70th annv (wife)), and got burned on it after two years. Learning my lesson on buying the "real deal", I purchased a replica L.A. Who knows...

Archived