Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Gibbs interview on News7

MustangSteve

It will be back on in about 5 minutes, he is furious about the Lavar statement and the Times releasing this statement at this timing. His exact words was I dont know how anyone on this team, much less this city can think about anything except the Eagles, because if we dont win, then silence for a few seconds, were out.

Channel 9 just showed coach and he is furious. Channel 9 also said that they have spoken to Lavar and he said he was misquoted and wants to remain and retire a redskin. They are going to have an interview with Lavar at 11

Lavar always says he's misquoted.

Lavar needs to think before he speaks. He's too emotional when he gets a mic in front of him.

slow down boys and girls. lest we forget....football is a bidniz. the Skins won't do anything about LA without considering the financial as well as competitive impacts. they may be angry and in choppy waters with him - but there is no way they "teach" him a lesson by cutting him or releasing him. that would be grossly negligent on their part....no matter how warm and fuzzy it would make folks feel.

Lavar better do some fast backpedalling and go see Joe if he expects to stay on the team past this year.

I would suggest that Lavar better do some fast backpedalling if he expects to remain active past tomorrow. This team, especially the defense, has proved time and again that no one player is irreplacable. This team can win right now without Lavar. We have seen this all season.

Lavar may provide so much distraction that they choose to eliminate the distraction, ala TO

slow down boys and girls. lest we forget....football is a bidniz. the Skins won't do anything about LA without considering the financial as well as competitive impacts. they may be angry and in choppy waters with him - but there is no way they "teach" him a lesson by cutting him or releasing him. that would be grossly negligent on their part....no matter how warm and fuzzy it would make folks feel.

Good analogy. Let's use him to the extent of his usefulness. He is our toy.

We, as fans, pay a high price to watch our "toys" perform. Actually, that's the way I feel anymore when it comes to PRO sports players. Their only loyalty is to the dollar. When I think about it, I have the same loyalty to myself and my family :doh: :cool:

Again fansince62: good analogy :)

Seriously, everyone needs to relax about this. Lavar's comments really weren't bad. I took them to mean that he wants to be redskin and retire a redskins, and if they were ever to release him, he'd rather retire than play somewhere else.

The reporter obviously wants to sell papers and just put his own little spin on it to get everyone in a tizzy. And it looks like he was very successful in doing so by the reaction on this board alone.

"Seriously, everyone needs to relax about this. Lavar's comments really weren't bad. I took them to mean that he wants to be redskin and retire a redskins, and if they were ever to release him, he'd rather retire than play somewhere else.

The reporter obviously wants to sell papers and just put his own little spin on it to get everyone in a tizzy. And it looks like he was very successful in doing so by the reaction on this board alone."

very plausible. I will buy into Art's argument that LA requested the interview earlier this week so it wasn't the best move he could make at this juncture. but overall...it does seem to have been blown way out of proportion.

Archived