Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Gibbs For Coach Of The Year?

Warhead36

Why not?

The prime candidates everyone is mentioning are Marvin Lewis and Lovie Smith, and deservedly so.

Both have their teams at 11-4 and clinched division titles early.

But what about Gibbs?

We weren't supposed to do **** this year. But here we are, sitting pretty, in control of our own destiny.

Tony Dungy will win the coach of the year.

Yup...the Colts have had an awesome season, and are (still) favored to win the Super Bowl...plus, because of his son's untimely death, he will be by far the sentimental favorite. Only the Redskins winning the Super Bowl this season would force them to pick Gibbs as coach of the year.

Why not?

The prime candidates everyone is mentioning are Marvin Lewis and Lovie Smith, and deservedly so.

Both have their teams at 11-4 and clinched division titles early.

But what about Gibbs?

We weren't supposed to do **** this year. But here we are, sitting pretty, in control of our own destiny.

The Bears were expected to be a joke, but instead they made it to the playoffs. Gibbs did a great job, but there were a lot of teams that surpassed expectations this year so it probably rules out Gibbs despite the tremendous job that he did, I personally think it should go in this order:

1. Lovie Smith

2. Dungy

3. Marvin Lewis

4. Shanahan

5. Holmgren

6. Gruden

7. Belichick

8. Del Rio

9. Coughlin

10. Gibbs

Dungy will win though especially with his recent tragedy.

The Bears were expected to be a joke, but instead they made it to the playoffs. Gibbs did a great job, but there were a lot of teams that surpassed expectations this year so it probably rules out Gibbs despite the tremendous job that he did, I personally think it should go in this order:

1. Lovie Smith

2. Dungy

3. Marvin Lewis

4. Shanahan

5. Holmgren

6. Gruden

7. Belichick

8. Del Rio

9. Coughlin

10. Gibbs

Dungy will win though especially with his recent tragedy.

Take Belichick, Del Rio and Shanahan off that list and you'd be close.. None of those guys should even be considered imo

definately a toss up right now between Dungy and Lovie. If the colts had remained undefeated then it would have been Dungy, but the Colts were expected to be good. Going 13-0 is great, but is not like they didn't have the talent. Lovie Smith on the other hand didn't have the talent and now Chicago has got a first round bye and a division title. Thats pretty amazing since everybody closed the door on them with Orton starting, Benson not making it to any of training camp, and being in the same division as the Preseason super bowl contender Vikes and Farve's Pack. I say Lovie gets it this year.

Take Belichick, Del Rio and Shanahan off that list and you'd be close.. None of those guys should even be considered imo

Do you think that Gibbs deserves it more than those three? This is not meant to sound condescending in any way, but Del Rio has a better record in a tougher conference with comparable talent to the Skins. Shanahan and the Broncos have been consistent all year long and really could legitimately be 14-1 if it were not for a few bad breaks along the way. The only one who I think that MAYBE Gibbs should be ahead of is Belichick.

Do you think that Gibbs deserves it more than those three? This is not meant to sound condescending in any way, but Del Rio has a better record in a tougher conference with comparable talent to the Skins. Shanahan and the Broncos have been consistent all year long and really could legitimately be 14-1 if it were not for a few bad breaks along the way. The only one who I think that MAYBE Gibbs should be ahead of is Belichick.

Actually, you do sound condescending. Obviously, he thinks Gibbs deserves it more or he would not have written the thread. Moreover, Gibbs has taken a team that played absolutely terrible and turned them into a team who others have to watch out for......so, do you do anything other than look for threads and to present an opposing argument.

i personally would consider Gibbs coach of the yr. why not. hell, we were picked to go 4-12 by SI.

the reason why i would consider gibbs for head coach of the yr is because of the schedule we have had. not only were we suppose to be a bad team but the schedule we had to overcome is enough for me.

dont even think about the bears. look at the division they play in. lord, thats basically 6 automatic wins. look at the redskins division. its not even comparable.

Archived