Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My father is still upset over 73-0

fuji869

My father is 75 years old and was a fan of the Skins back in the Day of Sammy Baugh. I was at my parents place for Christmas and during the Bears / Packers Game he was going for the Packers. I did not really think he cared about the game, he really not follow football like in his younger years. I asked him why he was going for the Packers, he said "I am still upset about 73-0"

64 years is a long time to hold a grudge. :laugh:

That is awesome that your dad saw and still remember 73-0

But your dad should blame George Preston Marshall because he was such a jackass our players tanked the game

????? :whoknows:

Please tell fellow Skins and Hokie Fan, inquiring minds want to know, I never heard the story!

That is awesome that your dad saw and still remember 73-0

But your dad should blame George Preston Marshall because he was such a jackass our players tanked the game

Yea he only made the Washington Redskins....he's a jackass alright :rolleyes: ....I guess you were around to see the game so you know how it went and all. My advice, get in touch with ur hokies and tell them to stop chokin all the time

Yeah, 73-0 still hurts. Obviously i wasn't alive for it but my best friend constantly reminds me of it. My only condolence is that he is a Dolphins fan, and we witnessed the largest margin of victory in modern history together - the Jaguars (who he had hoped and prayed the Dolphins would play in the playoffs) whoopin' up on Miami 63-7 in the playoffs a few years ago. Plus, they wear those horrible Orange/Green unis.

Archived