Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's Hope the Playoffs Include Skins, Giants, and Cowboys

method man

for the cowboys to make it, carolina would have to lose so we would be in the 5th seed with all the records being tied and the cowboys would be in the 6th seed. This means that the Cowboys and Giants would play each other in the 1st round, which you guys know would guarantee that the winner of the game is exhausted.

I would love for 3 nfc east teams to make the playoffs to show to the football world that our division is the best in the NFL. After talking to a Pats fan, this idiot thinks that the AFC West is the best.

Personally I would like it more if we were the only nfc east team to get in, however your point is valid. As for your pats fan, well the broncos and chiefs do have great blocking schemes and the chargers are pretty good also. I don't know which is better but will say Nfc east and Afc west are the strongest divisions in each conference.

Guest Matt Kyriacou
I would love for 3 nfc east teams to make the playoffs to show to the football world that our division is the best in the NFL. After talking to a Pats fan, this idiot thinks that the AFC West is the best.

Oh.

You're one of those NEW Redskin fans who hold no ill will towards the Cowboys? Peace on earth? Hug a tree and such?

Never, ever, ever root for 3 NFC teams to make it if it involves anything positive for Dallas.

Here ended the lesson.

for the cowboys to make it, carolina would have to lose so we would be in the 5th seed with all the records being tied and the cowboys would be in the 6th seed. This means that the Cowboys and Giants would play each other in the 1st round, which you guys know would guarantee that the winner of the game is exhausted.

Actually if your scenario played out and the cowboys made the playoffs as the 6th seed. They would play the Bucs and we would play the giants because the Bucs have a higher seed than the giants.

My ideal scenario would be for the Redskins to win the division, which would make us the fourth seed. Then for the Vikings to win out giving them the tie breaker over the giants as the 6th seed and carolina winning in atlanta to grab the 5th seed. This would create an ideal situation for a serious playoff run by the Skins.

i thot the nfc east was the strongest too. it actually is. 4 great teams while the other better divisions have only 3 good teams. but on the basis of this season the toughest division goes to the afc west followed closely by the nfc south. im sorry i rank our division 3rd.:gaintsuck

Have 3 teams from the same division ever made the playoffs before?

Yes, during Gibbs first tenure, there was a year the 'Skins, Giants, and I *think* the Eagles all went. Or maybe it was Dallas.... We no longer have the neat Redskins History forums on ExtremeSkins anymore, so I'm not sure where to go to verify that....

Archived