Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who's Better

Pierce58

Unhomerishly I will say B-Dawk, then ST, and finally the most overrated defensive player in the league Roy Williams.

i'd have to agree but i think taylor has the ability to be the best in the league. roy williams is extremely overrated, just ask santana.

B-Dawk has been at the top for a long time, and that is to be respected. Taylor may not be better right now, but he will be the top FS in the league in the very near future. He has unbelievable physical tools, the size, the speed, the hands, and most importantly, he has the attitude to domintate.

Roy Williams shouldnt even be mentioned.

B-Dawk has had a better career to date. He is, however, a seasoned veteran. I'd honestly say that I think Sean Taylor has had the best season, and has the most potential. How Roy made the probowl, I'll never know. I live with a cowboy fan so when the Skins aren't on, I naturally watch the boys with him and root against them...I haven't seen Roy cover a soul all year. I was reading a cowboys message board the other day (enjoying their suffering after the sweep) and many posters on the site were wondering why he hasn't been moved to linebacker yet after several seasons of poor coverage that don't seem to be getting any better. As for B-dawk, I really don't have much to go on this season other than the Skins game...where Cooley ran him over like he was a little boy trying to tackle a grown man. Damn, I love me some Cooley. I think in the next couple seasons, Taylor will emerge as the best saftey in the NFC, then the entire league.

I understand why people say Dawkins, but honestly i think ST is better. Not because of what he does, but because of what he doesn't have to do. If you look at the Tampa game - they tore us up over the middle because Sean wasn't back there. When he is in the game teams are TERRIFIED to go across the middle (just ask T. Glenn). I don't think there is another safety in the league that makes people think twice quite like Taylor does.

I think Dawkins is better right now. They are grilling him in Philly for missing tackles, but he's a more complete player.

Right now.

The upside on Taylor is huge. When he stops making rookie like mistakes (which is less and less) , he'll be phenomenal. He's already a lot of fun to watch.

GIBRIL WILSON

Games Tackles Solos AST Sacks INT

1410079.02132 SEAN TAYLOR

Games Tackles Solos AST Sacks INT 135346

Thats my case for Gibril Wilson

tackles are the most overrated stat for a saftey... its pretty tough for taylor to get tackles when teams try to stay away from him. As a force on the field I think any fan (besides giant fans), player, or coach would take taylor any day.

tackles are the most overrated stat for a saftey... its pretty tough for taylor to get tackles when teams try to stay away from him. As a force on the field I think any fan (besides giant fans), player, or coach would take taylor any day.

Yeah, i mean c'mon - the guy's name is Gibril.

it's a shame ST didn't make the pro bowl

i could make that statement about a few skins

and if anyone could help me...how do you put custom pictures and names for your avatar? is there a forum for that or a how to somewhere on this site?

The reason that ST didn't make the Pro bowl is politics....There is a trial schedualed for January 17th and the League doesn't want to tarnish their image by putting someone who might be a felon on their pro bowl roster.. It's just another example how Political Correctness ruines FAIRNESS....ST is clearly the best Safety in the league anyone who tells you other wise just doesn't know football.

Yeah, i mean c'mon - the guy's name is Gibril.

What an arguement,I would say that some may be right about coaches wanting Taylor over Gibril but Gibril does not have problems with the law...just something to think about they both have great upside and they where taken in the same draft which many people don't know.Giant Fans wanted Manning or Taylor and instead we go Manning and someone who is comparable to Taylor,Gibril is a great run stopper just keep an eye on #28.Should be a great game

GO BIG BLUE

By the way Pierce, you seen like a kewl giants fan, we have another one name Tom who comes around. Welcome to the board and a toast to an injury free game

:cheers:

Thanks alot..I know this may sound cliche but ever since Wellington Mara died I have been doing my best to represent my team with dignity and pride,just because that is what Mara would want us all too do.

I too hope for an injury free game and a nice hard fought battle.

Dawkins is probably the better, more polished player.

But he is an experienced veteran. Taylor hasn't even played two full seasons yet. He is still technically a kid.

That's what scary about Taylor. He is playing as good as he is, and he probably hasn't even hit his stride yet.

I'd say Dawkins now, but Taylor soon. :)

Roy Williams is overrated. He's pretty good in run support, and can be a hard hitter. But he's lousy in coverage (Moss runs circles around him), and he gets blown up on attempted tackles sometimes.

Of the three (or four if you count the gerbil :D ), I'd prefer Taylor.

Archived