Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does Brunell start next year....

prophet

depends how we do. if we get to nfc title game he is prolly back

if they just get to playoffs, lose in first round or second , Campbell will be in next yr

you do not start a rookie qb third or 4th yr as some guy who has no idea said

campbell is only on a 5 yr contract

you do not sit him 3 yrs. The most 2

Glad to know what you would do. Now do you honestly think Joe Gibbs is going to potentiallly sacrfice an entire season to play JC. I don't, thus MB will be starting as long as Gibbs wants him to.

Even after sitting a year he is not going to fully understand the speed of the game until he gets under center, so there will be first time mistakes and a growing process that will begin. JC decreases our chances of winning, even next year, so yeah don't look for him until 07-08.

:gaintsuck :eaglesuck :dallasuck

after reading "Dan Patrick: Brunell Shoulda Made Pro Bowl (Merged) " thread. And 95% think Brunell should be in the probowl...

Do that same crowd think Brunell is the starting Qb next year? If he is good enough that he should be in the probowl... why wouldn't he start next year?

A lot can change from year to year. A better question is rather or not Gibbs will want to start Brunell next year. The answer is, yes. He plays Gibb's-type ball, and is his obvious choice. Although, training camp is alway an open competition even if that's not what it's called. See the Ramsey choke-collar phenom.

Big consideration is given to health, progress of the young fella, and rather or not Ramsey is still with us.

So the qb stays the same until told other wise. But it will be interesting to follow.

depends how we do. if we get to nfc title game he is prolly back

if they just get to playoffs, lose in first round or second , Campbell will be in next yr

you do not start a rookie qb third or 4th yr as some guy who has no idea said

campbell is only on a 5 yr contract

you do not sit him 3 yrs. The most 2

ever hear of Chad Pennington? 3 years riding the bench

Gibbs keeps his young qb's off the field training them teaching them until he feels they are ready to play without harming the teams chance of winning. Contracts don't pay a factor in it at all. and Campbell isn't ready by all accounts

Brunell is 34, still has a couple years left in him... and this team is a coupe player away from serious Super Bowl contenders, Gibbs isn't going to throw that away. You won't see Campbell except mop up duty. This is just common sense stuff if you know Gibbs history.

If Mark Brunnell gets a chance to make it to the playoffs and does well in the playoffs, he may be considering this year a good closeout year. I don't think some of you have taken that into consideration. Also I don't think some of you remember how good Jason Cambell is. I think it would be a crime not to give him a shot next year. You know, see how he does during training camp at least. Then go from there. :gaintsuck

Can you provide any evidence at all that he isnt ready much less the "by all accounts" statement?

Im so tired of hearing people saying Campbell isnt ready without anything other than opinion to back it up.

go read several scouting reports, and "several" journalist accounts. Just because you don't want to hear it doesn't mean it's false.

also if Campbell was ready, you think we would have turned down trade offers for Ramsey?

You guys, come on. i remember the game before the Baltimore game. when Jason was nearly flawless. I also recall a recent interveiw in which Gibbs himself stated that Jason has a good live arm. To use the Baltimore game. man that's just wong. Our whole team played horrible that day. You expect a rookie to go in at the end of the game as a third string QB (which will lower your confidence alone) and do any better. Has anybody else hear played any fotball before??????????

What I want to see is Brunell cut and Ramsey starting. Brunell is going to cost us some bucks this year and I just don't think he has done enough for us to pay him those kinds of bucks. I want us to have the same situation SD had last year where if Brees didn't show anything he would have been gone and Rivers starting. In otherwords I still think Ramsey can play well for this team and having an extra year under Gibbs system could just turn him around to being a great QB. Brunell has played well but he is getting old and I don't want to go from a guy like Brunell straight to Campbell.

Having said that Joe Gibbs would never do anything like that. If you remember JT had to break his leg for Joe to change him. He will stick with Brunell for another couple of years unless we take a step back next year.

What I want to see is Brunell cut and Ramsey starting. Brunell is going to cost us some bucks this year and I just don't think he has done enough for us to pay him those kinds of bucks. I want us to have the same situation SD had last year where if Brees didn't show anything he would have been gone and Rivers starting. In otherwords I still think Ramsey can play well for this team and having an extra year under Gibbs system could just turn him around to being a great QB. Brunell has played well but he is getting old and I don't want to go from a guy like Brunell straight to Campbell.

Having said that Joe Gibbs would never do anything like that. If you remember JT had to break his leg for Joe to change him. He will stick with Brunell for another couple of years unless we take a step back next year.

I can't beleive you said that:doh:

You guys, come on. i remember the game before the Baltimore game. when Jason was nearly flawless. I also recall a recent interveiw in which Gibbs himself stated that Jason has a good live arm. To use the Baltimore game. man that's just wong. Our whole team played horrible that day. You expect a rookie to go in at the end of the game as a third string QB (which will lower your confidence alone) and do any better. Has anybody else hear played any fotball before??????????

it's not his "arm", that needs more training.... but learning defenses, understand the offense and how to play the pro game

What game exactly was he nearly flawless? the Sugar Bowl, because he didn't get an real playing time to be considered flawless during the pre season, unless your talking about handing the ball off. If I remember correctly Brunell that game played very good, while Rams and JC both were a little shakey.

What I want to see is Brunell cut and Ramsey starting. Brunell is going to cost us some bucks this year and I just don't think he has done enough for us to pay him those kinds of bucks. I want us to have the same situation SD had last year where if Brees didn't show anything he would have been gone and Rivers starting.

In a perfect world I'd agree. But I don't think cutting Brunell is financially possible for the Skins right now with the cap situation like it is. Sadly I think Ramsey is gone, if for no other reason than because we can't afford to keep him if he's not going to start.

Though I didn't agree with the trade to draft him, I'll probably be jumping on the Campbell bandwagon this offseason. For me the Brunell era can't end quickly enough.

:logo:

it's not his "arm", that needs more training.... but learning defenses, understand the offense and how to play the pro game

True statement. And if cambell can accomplish this by next year, i think we have ourselves a starting QB for 06. what can i say, it's just my opinion.:gaintsuck

why not mark? we lost 3 games we should have won, not all marks fault. denver, san diego, and tampa bay. defense like being played now would have won those games. 11-3 would have been division champ. the addition of a big possession receiver, with good speed would open things up as well for mark, and the team. we are so close to the big dance, with mark. in another two years jesse campbell will get his shot.

What game exactly was he nearly flawless? the Sugar Bowl, because he didn't get an real playing time to be considered flawless during the pre season, unless your talking about handing the ball off. If I remember correctly Brunell that game played very good, while Rams and JC both were a little shakey.

i beleive it was the Panthers or Bangels game. None the less I remembered thinking to myself, " I'm glad we picked him up an we finally got ourselve a good young QB". Don't hate the guy is good. He just has a lot to learn.

i beleive it was the Panthers or Bangels game. None the less I remembered thinking to myself, " I'm glad we picked him up an we finally got ourselve a good young QB". Don't hate the guy is good. He just has a lot to learn.

I agree he has the size, mobility, and arm strength to be a prototypical NFL QB, and I agree he has a lot to learn. That's why he'll be on the bench a couple more years. Brunell gives us the best chance of winning and Gibbs will ride him out.

If I had to bet Mark's the man for two more years. Truth is we don't know what Campbell has to offer. I'd be suprised though if he's not the #2 man next year.

Mark is a very smart man. I don't think it would be an intelligient decision to keep a first round draft pick on the bench for that long. You have to remeber. No team is going to go out there and pick up a QB in the first round with the intent to keep him on the bench for years. They drafted him for a reason.

Archived