Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does Brunell start next year....

prophet

after reading "Dan Patrick: Brunell Shoulda Made Pro Bowl (Merged) " thread. And 95% think Brunell should be in the probowl...

Do that same crowd think Brunell is the starting Qb next year? If he is good enough that he should be in the probowl... why wouldn't he start next year?

Unfortunately....yes. I know Brunnell has done a good job for us this year and I arrpeciate it. But he just isnt getting it done at a high enough level. He is a game manager not a game winner. So I think its 1 more year with B.

Dude, when you win games, you are a winner in my book. If what it takes to win is to manage a game then so be it. Besides Brunell really didn't have the WRs to work with this year ofcourse that is with the exception of Satana Moss. Please lets call it as it is and not as we wnat it to be. That IMHO is not asking too much.:rolleyes:

I expect Mark starts unless health is an issue.

But if one of the other two QB's were to look like they're on fire in camp/pre-season and Mark wasn't, then Gibbs being who he is would weigh that accordingly. And with Mark being the kind of guy he is, Gibbs would be dealing with a partner in any such considerations and not an adversary.

Without a doubt he'll start. As everyone knows Gibbs will take the veteran player over the rookie almost anyday of the week, and he obviously signed Brunell to a HUUUGE contract for some reason. With our most successful season in quite a few years, Brunell will be handed the #1 spot on a silver platter.

Side note: I still think Ramsey has allot of potential and should be given a real chance - where he doesn't have to look over his shoulder.

Brunell will start. Ramsey will be gone. We'll pick up another veteran to replace Ramsey and Campbell will be third.

It will be just like this year. As long as we have a chance for the playoffs (in 2006), Brunell will start. If he's injured and we're not elimanted from playoff contention then the veteran (who we sign to replace Ramsey) will start. If we drop out of playoff contention, Campbell starts.

Unfortunately....yes. I know Brunnell has done a good job for us this year and I arrpeciate it. But he just isnt getting it done at a high enough level. He is a game manager not a game winner. So I think its 1 more year with B.

I completely agree. I'm fine with him starting as long as he plays like he did in the first half of the season, but just not confident he can do that consistently, or well enough to get us deep into the playoffs.

I'm desperate to see someone else at quarterback, but I'm afriad this is the best we've got right now.

:(

I think Jason C should start next year if the rest of the team is up to snuff. It's much easier to prune a rookie if .....rest of the team is on the same page....knows the system

If the rest of the team is up to par.....putting Jason in a plug and play situation would be ideal....Jason is stronger than Mark....faster.....and can throw a rocket while on the run. Gibbs..... these past few years had to worry about the rest of the team (chemistry)....but now gibbs has a better understanding who he has on his team and what to expect each week.....now he can concentrate more on Jason.

See.....sticking in the vet (mark B) was the best bet recently because the team as a whole has been working within a new system....Start the rookie is what I say.

I have to believe the Skins will try hard to get another receiver to complement Moss. With Moss, a good #2 WR and Cooley, Brunell should look pretty good.

I totally agree... Brunell and the team would have been helped with better 2nd and 3WR's. Pattens biggest contribution, bar a 32 yard catch, was a pass interfearence call that put us on the 1 yard line. I'm not slagging the guy, we just could do better. I think Cooley has had to fill the gap and has shown he can be a pro bowler.

I'd say keep Brunell and Campbell, and add a 3rd stringer and let Ramsey go... and obviously with open compitition!

I love Brunell when he's hott... hate him when he's cold...

Archived