Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Christmas Eve decorum question...

dahogs

Okay, since the game will be played on Christmas Eve, and many of us fans have family/celebratory obligations, how will you juggle watching the game and celebrating the Christmas holiday with your family and friends?

Is it okay to watch the game, or at least have the television on, and celebrate with loved ones at the same time, or would it be considered in bad taste...or tacky?

How will you juggle the two?

:whoknows:

The game is a 1pm start. It is okay to watch. Your family doesn't need you for anything. The game won't last any longer than 3 to 3 and half hours. Your family knows how big a Skins fan you are and will be okay with you watching.

As for me, I have to follow it on the internet. :mad: :gaintsuck

game comes first

Christmas is Sunday, not Saturday

anyone know a good spot to pick up a santa hat?

Unfortunately, my family celebrates (as do many people I know) Christmas Eve. Don't ask me why we do this, but I believe it has its roots from the Old Country.

Unfortunately, my family celebrates (as do many people I know) Christmas Eve. Don't ask me why we do this, but I believe it has its roots from the Old Country.

Everybody has a different way to celebrate. I have a dinner that I go to each Christmas eve at a friends house and would not miss it.

Lucky for me the dinner is not untill about 6pm.

You are a good person just for thinking of how to handle the situation. Most of us slobs here would be watching the game even if the Pope was coming over to the house.

I say if you're be the only one watching...no (record it). If there are at least at least two others...you're ok.

You could put out a feeler, by putting the pregame on early for others to watch while you leave the room to help out in the kitchen or elsewhere (leaving is mandatory to not look pushy about it, even if your "help" is not really required, find something). If anyone is offended they can turn it off without awkardness. If it stays on your in the clear. At very least it provides the opportunity for people to mention what they are comfortable with, without any offense being taken.

Can be tricky. Some people consider football part of the holiday tradition, but others feel like they are imposing upon their host.

I say if you're be the only one watching...no (record it). If there are at least at least two others...you're ok.

You could put out a feeler, by putting the pregame on early for others to watch while you leave the room to help out in the kitchen or elsewhere (leaving is mandatory to not look pushy about it, even if your "help" is not really required, find something). If anyone is offended they can turn it off without awkardness. If it stays on your in the clear. At very least it provides the opportunity for people to mention what they are comfortable with, without any offense being taken.

Can be tricky. Some people consider football part of the holiday tradition, but others feel like they are imposing upon their host.

I'm leaning towards TiVo'ing the game, as it worked well last week for the Dallas game for a similar situation. We attended a dinner party at a friend's house who has absolutely no interest in professional football (TV was never on the entire night), therefore I just went on a radio blackout on the drive home and watched the game in about an hour by fast forwarding through all the commercials, and other miscellaneous junk.

However, my biggest worry for this game is the ability to maintain a media blackout throughout what will most likely be a long day. Plus, who knows what time we'll get home.

Well, I'm Italian, and Christmas Eve is almost bigger then Christmas day itself. I don't remember the actual name for it, but it's like the feast of fish. Many European cultures have big celebrations on Christmas Eve, but it's a real biggie for us ginzos.........

The game isn't on here, and if not for it being Christmas Eve, I would be working all day like any other saturday. I'll start cooking at about 10am tomorrow morning. I'll have field pass going to listen while I cook once the game starts, and may follow the game thread a little if I can break away. If it was a 4 o'clock start, and was on here, I couldn't watch anyhow. Too much going on with family commin in at 5pm.

Family always comes before football.......................

I don't care if it's Christmas, Festivus or The second coming itself. That Skins game is going to be on every TV in my house. It will be loud, my feet stomping, heart pounding, screaming and that house is gonna shake. Let's get him boys , bring the house and everything in it down on the Giants.

GO REDSKINS ....... YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.!!!!!! God I'm pumped up.. I wish I can hit one of those Giants like Sean Taylor does!

I will be at the game.

The wife will be at home getting all the last minute things done before Christmas day when we will have 20 relatives here for dinner.

If it wasn't for it being the last regular season game this Saturday at home, I would have sold my tickets, but I could NOT miss out on this HUGE game and of course, the tailgate. :D

If your family knows how big this game is, they won't have a problem in you watching it, dahogs.

:gaintsuck

Well, the Utah family is working much of Christmas Eve and could end up staying in Park City for the duration. That and a storm predicted to come in could keep us all up here. Unfortunately, the Redskins aren't being televised here. So, if all that happens above, then it's here on the board with NFL radio and Blondie's game thread. If it doesn't.......... could be the same. Short of the long, I could be watching the game down at Utah's place by myself or up here.....by myself with the rest of the Extremesters on Extreme.

the game will be on all 5 t.v.'s , one brother will come over early to watch with me and the rest will arrive later , they were dropped on their heads when they were young and don't watch football at all --- our Christmas celebrations won't start until after the game, but if the game were on during our time together,well -- they know if they're at my house and the Skins are playing, the game will be on!!!!!! i play smart and serve buffett style!!!! :D

Archived