Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Two questions for season ticket holders

Vegas-Born

As this is my first year as a season ticket holder I am wondering about a couple of things.

When the redskins get to the playoffs will I as a season ticket holder (even if they are on the top of the world) get a shot at those tickets if of course they get a home game? Which is not out of the question if they win out and the Giants lose two.

Plus will the Redskins contact me when it is time to renew my tickets for next season?

Thank you brothers :gaintsuck

Yes and yes. :)

You will be notified (probably very soon) that you can purchase playoff tickets. You will also be sent an invoice for next season's tickets as soon as the time expires at Super Bowl 40 (just kidding of course, but it does seem like those invoices come out pretty quick).

As this is my first year as a season ticket holder I am wondering about a couple of things.

When the redskins get to the playoffs will I as a season ticket holder (even if they are on the top of the world) get a shot at those tickets if of course they get a home game? Which is not out of the question if they win out and the Giants lose two.

Plus will the Redskins contact me when it is time to renew my tickets for next season?

Thank you brothers :gaintsuck

Do the season tickets the first year have a franchise or license fee? Jerry Jones charges $3000 per seat for the right to buy the tickets.

Believe me, when it comes to money the Skins will let you know. In fact I would think that the NFL would permit playoff possible teams to send out notice this week. You will have to pay in advance for all possible playoff games which definately adds up. Probably close to half of your regular season bill. And if the Skins don't have a playoff game you won't get a refund until February, or they will let you apply the money to next year.

The great thing about the late Jack Kent Cooke is he never said the words personal seat license. He paid for that place. Never wanted us to pay for it. Snyder meanwhile has the touchdown and tailgate club, which basically is a seat license for the lower bowl, you do get food though. Ticket invoices are due at the end of march. Your seats are your seats pre reg or post season.

The great thing about the late Jack Kent Cooke is he never said the words personal seat license. He paid for that place. Never wanted us to pay for it. Snyder meanwhile has the touchdown and tailgate club, which basically is a seat license for the lower bowl, you do get food though. Ticket invoices are due at the end of march. Your seats are your seats pre reg or post season.

From JKC's letter he sent to waiting list fans in May, 1996:

Please note that the new Redskins ticket prices have been established for the 1997 season to accommodate all budgets. Most important, I am happy to say that the Redskins will not be charging personal seat lincensing fees (PSL's) for the Redskins new stadium. Not now, nor as long as I am in charge.

Thank you for being so patient.

Kindest regards

Yours very truly

Jack Kent Cooke

JKC/dmr

<end>

Must be nice. To get season tickets it currently costs $3000 per seat for the license. I declined since the license will expire when the new stadium is built in 2009. They will probably charge $5000 per ticket when the new stadium is built. It is cheaper to buy them from a scalper. That is one of the reasons it is so easy to get tickets to a cowboy game. The crowd is full of casual fans that got their tickets from some corporation. It takes away some of the home field advantage. :doh:

We have sold out every game since around 1990. The entire city was mad at Jerry Jones for the way he fired Tom Landry.

You can still get season tickets, but the games sell out in advance.

Yeah, but with a fan base like you guys have and the size of the suburban DFW area there should be a season ticket waitlist. Jerry Jones doesn't care about you as a fan. That is abundantly clear.

Yeah, but with a fan base like you guys have and the size of the suburban DFW area there should be a season ticket waitlist. Jerry Jones doesn't care about you as a fan. That is abundantly clear.

I don't disagree, but it is so much cheaper to buy individual tickets. One of the problems I think is that we don't have any public transportation to the stadium. It takes me 45 minutes to get to the stadium. I usually take a friend so they can drive me home. :cheers: A lot of my friends would rather watch it in HD at home rather than deal with the traffic and risk getting a DWI.

Archived