Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wow, can't believe the Giants had ANOTHER home game....thanks NFL.

MorgantownHokie88

Whatever the Giants win, if they win anything at all, will have an asterisk next to it UNLESS it turns out that the extra home game wouldn't have mattered.

No matter how unlikely anybody thinks it might have been (ask San Diego about Miami) the possibility that the Saints could have won that game on neutral ground taints the Giants record. That's a fact.

Too late now though. Can't un-ring a bell.

It's simply now The 2005 NY Giants**

:dallasuck

Just like the 2 Strike SB Victories for the Redskins**

Please. Pathetic excuses. You could play all 16 your games at home, you are not on the Giants level. Expect that gap to only widen (as if we would have lost to the saints anyway, keep grasping)

That no excuses. Saints couldnt win if they played at the Superdome. Cheifs on the other hand just shot themselves in the foot. Defense couldnt tackle for nothing. Lack of focus. The only player on the Chiefs that did well was Larry Johnson other than that it's no excuses why the Chiefs lost today.

blame us not the NFL

The Gibbs and Brunell combination is a proven DUD the past 2 yrs

How we only put up 21 points on the cheifs , and one those tds was on a screen

how we only put up 9 points on the raiders is beyond me

There has to be a GM brought in here. And tells Gibbs we are cutting Brunell and bringing in tall recievers like a( burress) for example to score touchdowns

Thats how it was in the old days. Gibbs did not have all this control to play crappy guys like Brunell

If Gibbs had total control Riggins would have probaly been cut

You need a GM and a coach. A coach looks at guys and fight, a GM looks at talent

Man, you have got to hook me up with your dealer.

Just like the 2 Strike SB Victories for the Redskins**

Please. Pathetic excuses. You could play all 16 your games at home, you are not on the Giants level. Expect that gap to only widen (as if we would have lost to the saints anyway, keep grasping)

Talk about pathetic. All things were even for every team during the strike years and you know it. But don't let the guilt get you down. Just be a man and admit that it's not fair for ANY team to have an extra home game.

Come on little camper, you can do it.

']Ax' date='

If the Giants win the division, it will be because they earned it. Especially if they beat the Redskins next week. The six division games have nothing to do with that Saints game. If the Giants are 5-1 in the division, that right there says they earned it.[/quote']

No question. However, any tiebreaker with ANY team that either eliminates them from the playoffs, or gives the Giants homefield in a playoff game will be totally and completely unfair. This is not a Giant-Redskins issue. It's a Giants-NFC issue.

The only way it becomes a non-issue is if even if counted as a loss, the extra home game would change nothing.

blame us not the NFL

There has to be a GM brought in here. And tells Gibbs we are cutting Brunell and bringing in tall recievers like a( burress) for example to score touchdowns

Thats how it was in the old days. Gibbs did not have all this control to play crappy guys like Brunell

You need a GM and a coach. A coach looks at guys and fight, a GM looks at talent

Will one of the mods PLEASE change this guys handle? His constant pessimism is one thing, but all he EVER does is bust on Brunell. It is so aggrevating. What is the definition of a troll...?

I'm tired of the complaining. There have been games this season we could have easily won. What did we do? We played conservatively, we coughed the ball up, and just played like a bunch of girls. We screwed ourselves, as usual.

I love Gibbs, but I think if we don't manage to salvage a 10-6 season it's time for a change. Maybe it's time for Gibbs to realize his antiquated conservative playcalling ain't gonna cut it in the NFL anymore. /shrug

']Ax' date='

If the Giants win the division, it will be because they earned it. Especially if they beat the Redskins next week. The six division games have nothing to do with that Saints game. If the Giants are 5-1 in the division, that right there says they earned it.[/quote']

If they beat us in our house then they earned it, but I hope they dont of course. Regardless they played great and dominated the Chiefs, your teams for real and I dont care what anyone says. I do hope they make the playoffs with us Tom because our teams can knock out all the top seeds in the NFC and end up playing the NFC Championship against each other, and that will prove to the NFL that the real East is back and we rule once again!!!! :point2sky

PS. May Dallas Die

blame us not the NFL

Didnt Joe Gibbs and Mark brunell just give us the most exciting game today in December since Gibbs first time coaching? Didnt Brunell beat Dallas the first game? Didnt he play with the best in the NFL and lose over refs calls and a few mistakes? Was we in a Big game like this before Gibbs came back? Tell us who else could of turned this team around in 2 years with what they started with, matter of fact I will tell you, NOBODY!!!!

I'll say it again: the best that could've been hoped for was a neutral-site game, which the Giants more than likely would've won (regardless of the Week 1 result). However, the league could've made a better decision that putting the game in NYC. Why not have held at in Tennessee, either at Adelphi Coliseum or Neyland Stadium, not charge for tickets but ask for a minimum $25 donation for Katrina victims at the gate. Of course, that would've been too creative for Tags :rolleyes:

The larger lesson in this is that yes, in a 16-game season, a game where the team technically doesn't have to play a real road game or doesn't get as many home games is a competitive disadvantage, plain and simple. And yet we have the league playing regular-season contests in Mexico City and planning them for London. Get a clue, NFL!

Anyway, congrats to the Giants......they have played well this year. However, if the Skins take care of business the next three weeks, who knows what will happen. Don't assume that the Jints-Raiders game is a gimme for the G-Men......remember, we beat the Vikings last year here in the finale when they still had something at stake.

Tom, for as much as the NYG are bitter rivals of the Skins, nothing was as priceless as walking into a bar which hosted the Northern Virginia Vikings fan club in the waning minutes of the 41-0 game. Looking at some big bald guy in the back screaming "WHY?? WHY??!!" and feeling the compassion of some other Vikings fan by buying him a beer. I think those may have been the only two folks left at that point.

Of course, I think karma was paying me back for my glee earlier this year with that 36-0 mess :mad:

I don't know much about the fan dynamics up in NYC, Shockey, and I know the teams are playing in their home stadium but I would hope that when the game is designated a Giants home game, that the crowd is made up of largely Giants fans/season tix holders, and vice-versa when the game is a Jets home game.

I thought that in order to create a hostile road environment for the Giants in that game vs the Saints, they should have given Jets season tickets holders the right of first refusal for those seats :D

Archived