Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallas Week: Though[T] for the Day

diesel22

Here is your daily installment of the "Though for the Day":

I was cruising around a couple Dallas sites and saw where a lot of fans are guaranteeing that the Cowboys run D will totally dominate us and shut our run game down. I find this very interesting. The NFL is a game of trends -- that is why everyone wants to be playing their best ball in December/January. Let's take a look at that "monstrous" Dallas run D over the past 2 games..... First, Tiki ripped them for 115 yds. Then, last week......they gave up 143 yds and 3 scores to Larry Johnson.....I think he just ran another one in while I was typing that so make it 4 !!

Here are my two primary points:

1) Dallas is playing its worst run defense of the yr coming into their game with us.

2) We are running the ball as well as we have all yr right now/ I know a lot of you will say it is easy to do against the Rams and Cardinals -- but that's not the point. Offense is all about rythm -- and right now we are in synch running the football -- and maybe THE most encouraging thing is that CP is starting to show a little bit of attitude. The way he moved that pile in the 4th qtr both surprised and delighted me.

Bottom Line: If Dallas thinks they are going to come in here and shut down our running attack they are sorely mistaken. I will be surprised if we don't rush for over 150 -- or if CP doesnt break 100.

:wewantd:

Looks like they will be going with Marian Barber and Julius Jones mixing it up. I say you HAVE to give us the edge running! They get the edge passing but AZ had the edge on us too, but it all came back to the running game.

We shut down their run, establish our own...and it's 8-6!!!

As good as our running game has been we still need to put more points on the board. Remember if not for good ST's we would be 6-7 and playing for pride. The D really needs to have a big game cause Dallas has proved they can put em on the board.

Looks like they will be going with Marian Barber and Julius Jones mixing it up. I say you HAVE to give us the edge running! They get the edge passing but AZ had the edge on us too, but it all came back to the running game.

We shut down their run, establish our own...and it's 8-6!!!

I might give their passing game a bit of an edge but it's funny u brought up the cards. Let me ask u this -- would you be more scared of Warner, Boldin and Fitzgerald on the road or Bledsoe (chuckle), Keyshawn, and terry glenn AT FED EX ?? I think we have passed the tougher of those two tests already

:dallasuck

You forgot one. Remember what Ron Dayne did against them on Thanksgiving the week before the Giants. That's right, Ron Dayne, who hasn't run well since he was at Wisconsin. Oh, and then against the cowgirls on Thanksgiving. :dallasuck

I actually was kind enough to give them a pass on that one bc they did hold the Denver running game down for most of the contest -- but ur right, they didnt get it done when it counted.

If you go back to a week before that you will see that they were outrushed by the EAGLES for Gods sake !!! If you get outrushed by Philly -- don't ever come up talking about ur run defense to me.....

:wewantd:

Archived