Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3 receiver set?

FunBunch7

I just have this gut feeling if we spread Moss to one side, and Antonio Brown to the other, put Jacobs in the slot, send Cooley in motion, thereby "spreading" out the defense, we could do SOOOOOOO many things...

The speed outside would be daunting for any defense...

We could always dump off to Cooley in the flat...

Portis could pick his way through the line like his days in Denver...

The key to this is getting AB in the offense. I know he is becoming key on kick returns, but with that kind of speed, we need the ball in his hnads more than 5-6 times per game on kicks. The Chiefs have finally figured this out with Dante Hall and he is now getting 4-5 looks per game on offense.

Or imagine "Trips left, quick screen to Moss", with 2 blockers and 3 if Cooley can get out there.

I know the knock on AB has been his hands, but man, if we could get that ball in his hands....?

Sounds like a Colts offense. I like it though. Gibbs will be showing some real stuff this Sunday. Things we havent seen since the old days. I expect Gibbs to go 35 on ground and the rest in the air. Antonio Brown is a HUGE threat now!! Hi ability to out run the opposition will be good for us in field position. He may break one again. He reminds me of Hall a little! We will have to see. But we will at lease have good position.:2cents:

Dallas had 5 sacks against us the first time we played them. they're gonna be blitzing all day on us like before, which means we will have to max protect our QB.

Or, we could use hot routes and screens to the blitz sides to slow down the rush and expose open zones vacated by the blizters....but we don't really like to do that anymore. :dallasuck

All that set would do is get Mark Brunnell killed. You have to go more max protect against a Parcell's defense. He has speedy ends that can get to the passer. If you put three out you need time for the routes to develop. There is a reason we haven't gone to such a set and the reason is that it won't work.

I'd also like to see more of Brown. I'm sure that return was a huge boost of confidence for him, and I think that will help him in terms of the drops he's had. Having someone else who is that fast will definitely open things up for Moss and could make for some interesting trick plays.

Agree. With A. brown and Moss on the field @ the same time, that much speed is going to pose problems for any D. Running brown and moss on fly routes down the field will open up the underneath routes for cooley,royal and portis out of the backfield. I would be shocked not to see brown lining up at WR this sunday. I believe when he ran the game winner back last week, he earned himself a second chance at WR.

no he's shorter, hes listed at 5'10" but he is far from it.

Oh. i saw them both together on redskins.com tv and there didnt seem to be a huge difference in size. And Brown, I know, has very good speed. I just dont think the d-backs would "press" Brown with the speed he has. If they do press him and miss..he will blow by their safetys the same way moss did. I cant say with absolute certainty it would work, but I think the potential with moss and brown on the field at the same time could be huge and help "open" up our passing game.

All that set would do is get Mark Brunnell killed. You have to go more max protect against a Parcell's defense. He has speedy ends that can get to the passer. If you put three out you need time for the routes to develop. There is a reason we haven't gone to such a set and the reason is that it won't work.

That IS the risk with a 3 receiver set. In shot gun, maybe he has the time needed.

We could go with 3 , and have the 3rd, (Farris or Jacobs) go in motion and block the defensive end...so in essence, we'd have 2 receivers running patterns.

Then, the nickle back will be covering the 3rd WR and he'd be hitting the DE. Cooley comes out of the H back spot in the flat that has been emptied out from the receivers taking the DBs down field. There SHOULD only be one guy left for Cooley to beat (if) he catches the dang ball.

I knwo this sounds all fine and dandy and executing is something else entirely...but some how some way, we have got to get the ball in ABs hands 3-4 times early...then, the defense will start to focus on HIM and we go deep to Moss.

I wouldnt be against lining up Brown at receiver but lets not jump the gun on this guy. Yes, he returned a kickoff for a TD but if you watched the replay it was just a horrible job by Arizona on kickoff coverage, anybody could have taken that one to the house. However since we are pretty desperate at receiver I'm all for it, just don't think this guy is gonna jump in there and catch 10 balls for 150yds and a score. He hasnt proven that he can run routes and catch passes yet.

Girls have three pretty good CBs. Most teams put #1 CB on opposite #2 WR so that FS only needs to worry about helping out the other CB. The last time, we got two TDs when A Glenn/R Williams were covering Moss. I think A Henry (#2 cb) will be covering Moss (#1 wr) this time and A Glenn (#3 cb) will be checking out A Brown (#3wr).

As you can see, it is hard to go air with these three CBs. C'girl gave up big yardages to TEs because of their weak coverage of LBs. I think we will see a lot of throws to CP, Sellers in the middle.

That five page article on Brown which is in one of these threads claimed that Brown is listed as 5'10" but he is really 5'8". Moss is 5'10".

Moss isnt 5'10 himself, as Skin fans yall should know that by now. Go to Santana's site and on the intro they say "They list him at 5'10 but hes barely 5'7" the same thing they said about Brown

Archived