Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Interesting Matchups Created by the Cards

B&GPride44

Did anyone else here notice how the Cards lined Anquan Boldin up in the backfield numerous times yesterday. He'd then go in motion creating a significant matchup disadvantage by putting him man up on either a Linebacker or a safety. I thought it was a great job by Denny Green to create mismatches for one of his studs. Especially after watching Boldin catch a 2 yard swing pass and break tackles and end up 12 yards later with a first down. Any chance the Cowboys saw this and would try to do the same thing next week? I know that Boldin is more of a threat than anything Dallas has, but Keyshawn is a bigger type possession guy so I wonder if we may see something like it...They already used every play in there playbook to win against the Chefs yesterday, so I guess they'll be putting new wrinkles in this week!!! :laugh: :dallasuck :2cents:

Did anyone else here notice how the Cards lined Anquan Boldin up in the backfield numerous times yesterday. He'd then go in motion creating a significant matchup disadvantage by putting him man up on either a Linebacker or a safety. I thought it was a great job by Denny Green to create mismatches for one of his studs. Especially after watching Boldin catch a 2 yard swing pass and break tackles and end up 12 yards later with a first down. Any chance the Cowboys saw this and would try to do the same thing next week? I know that Boldin is more of a threat than anything Dallas has, but Keyshawn is a bigger type possession guy so I wonder if we may see something like it...They already used every play in there playbook to win against the Chefs yesterday, so I guess they'll be putting new wrinkles in this week!!! :laugh: :dallasuck :2cents:

Boldin creates mismatches where ever he lines up. Dallas has nobody who comes close to having his physical skills. I would say he is one of the top 5 WR's in the NFL at the moment. If he was on a good team he would be a legit star.

Johnson is strictly a possesion guy - if they line him up in the backfield he does not have the speed to beat our LB's to the corner.

Terry Glenn is their deep threat and he can get behind coverage on double moves and play fakes (they use the flea flicker hand off RB toss back play quite a bit - you know the play that ended Joe Theismanns career).

The key to beating the Cowboys - as with most teams - is to get in the face of their QB.

HTTR

Martin

Yeah that's what I didn't understand about the first game against Dallas, after they beat the blitz a few times we stopped bringing pressure...With Bledsoe that is the key to forcing him into mistakes. Keep guys flying in around him, if you hit him early and rattle him, he's done for. Good points all around MartinC and I'm not football retarded I know Boldin is an animal and what a flea-flicker is!

Archived