Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Betts on 4th and 2!!

TradeTheBeal!

I kept yelling for them to use RC.

I know the old saying, about not losing your job due to an injury. But Betts didn't look good today, and RC has been awesome the last couple weeks.

I thought Rock should have had some opportunities to contribute also.

Blondie

I kept yelling for them to use RC.

I know the old saying, about not losing your job due to an injury. But Betts didn't look good today, and RC has been awesome the last couple weeks.

Same here. I'm not questioning Gibbs's choice, it was wise to put Betts in there, but he mostly proved ineffective. I think it's somewhat irresponsable to not give a back that had a 100+ yard game the previous week 0 touches. Sure it was 100 yards against a bad team, but how do you know what he can do if he's not tested. So instead of trying Rock in the first half, we just went away from the run a little a bit. Doesn't make much sense.

I still think Rock is better then Betts for this system. Honestly I've always thought Rock was better then Betts since we've gotten them.

Same here. I'm not questioning Gibbs's choice, it was wise to put Betts in there, but he mostly proved ineffective. I think it's somewhat irresponsable to not give a back that had a 100+ yard game the previous week 0 touches. Sure it was 100 yards against a bad team, but how do you know what he can do if he's not tested. So instead of trying Rock in the first half, we just went away from the run a little a bit. Doesn't make much sense.

I still think Rock is better then Betts for this system. Honestly I've always thought Rock was better then Betts since we've gotten them.

Consider the possibility that Gibbs is saving Rock for the Cowboys.

And by the way, RC did play, and he played well -- on special teams. He was in the thick of it.

I thought Gibbs used Betts way too much in yesterdays game. He had been hurt for a few weeks now so he wasn't in as good of "game shape" as Rock was. If Clinton needed the rest during any series then Rock should have been in there. Rock had been playing well with Betts out. I thought Gibbs should have just let Ledell return kicks yesterday to get his legs back. It was a huge risk going for it on 4th and 2 after Betts lost a yard on 3rd and 1, and he just barely got it.

I do want to give Clinton some praise for that great run on 3rd and 6 to clinch that game. How many of you were screaming at the TV when he was hit after gaining two yards? Then to see him just keep pushing that pile for another 5 yards was just outstanding. :applause:

Betts wasn't impressive there. He ran on 2nd 3rd and 4th down and totalled 2 yards.

But he did get the first down on 4th and 2... I think Betts and Cartwright could both have roles to play, although Betts seems to me to be more of a short yardage RB. I would like to see Cartwright in a game against a better D to see what kind of game he really has.

Archived