Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shane/WR Trade Package?

Boomer44

This is just my himble opinion, but I believe the biggest "bomb" last night was the defense. I thought with the veterans the 'Skins had on defense and with ML as coach that would the one thing that helped until the offense jelled. DW did not have a bad night and SM and SR both redenned themselves. But 17 points from a defense supposed to be so strong in the first half is what hurt.

Originally posted by TNBullGator

This is just my himble opinion, but I believe the biggest "bomb" last night was the defense. I thought with the veterans the 'Skins had on defense and with ML as coach that would the one thing that helped until the offense jelled. DW did not have a bad night and SM and SR both redenned themselves. But 17 points from a defense supposed to be so strong in the first half is what hurt.

The defense gave up 14 points, not 17. The Steelers were already in field goal position at the 22 when they took over after Sage's INT.

The defense faced SEVEN Steeler drives and gave up two TDs and only one first down in the 5 non-TD drives. They forced 4 punts, which would be an 8-punt game for a full game.

Yes, the two long TD drives were disappointing. I just don't want to ignore the good while we are focusing on the bad.

By the way, the Steelers were #8 in the NFL in scoring last year -- they aren't chumps.

I don't think as of right now you can label Danny as a solid #1 :)

He is the current front-runner based on mostly second half play against guys that will be stacking grapefruits in 3 weeks.

That said, he didn't play that long last night. the Redskins were simply flat coming out and the Steelers were sharper early on, covering receivers, pouncing on mistakes and applying good pressure from the outside where Cowher knew the Skins were missing Chris Samuels.

let's face the truth. Rod Jones, without his signing bonus, might have been a step away from being released. he has stunk it up at both guard spots and has a stomach on him to match Stubby's back in '98.

the guy is still way overweight even after training camp. he has played very poorly to this point. and he didn't look any better playing outside at tackle last night.

If the Redskins do make a move for a veteran offensive lineman I could see him and Tucker starting at guard and Jones being the #3 guard and #3 tackle.

And with the competition on hand you can say that Jones just didn't work very hard for his opportunity because it was all but handed to him on a platter :mad:

Atlanta Skins Fan quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by TNBullGator

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The defense gave up 14 points, not 17. The Steelers were already in field goal position at the 22 when they took over after Sage's INT.

The defense faced SEVEN Steeler drives and gave up two TDs and only one first down in the 5 non-TD drives. They forced 4 punts, which would be an 8-punt game for a full game.

Yes, the two long TD drives were disappointing. I just don't want to ignore the good while we are focusing on the bad.

By the way, the Steelers were #8 in the NFL in scoring last year -- they aren't chumps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, the D looks better since you said it that way....

:laugh: :silly: :cool:

Ya, penalties were bad too!! A couple of big plays and they got the best of us, but they did look like they were off.

:doh:

Archived