Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wilbon on PTI

Jrew1223

Wilbon's point is quite simple, don't sit there and try to blame everyone else when you failed to get the job done yourself. It shouldn't have come down to a 2-point conversion to begin with but because no one stepped up to make a play it did. Place blame first on ourselves before taking shots at everyone else, excuses are like....yea.

except when it effects his team... ala "Bartman"

There is not one coach who hasn't complained about the offical, and most the time they have a right, when they do. In a sport where many games can come down to one play, and when coaches careers, and players contracts are on the line with wins & losses... who doesn't complain when they believed they were wronged. Why should they accept the other team got a gift, that they didn't earn? If the play was reversed, don't think Gruden wouldn't be on the phone to the league office first thing Monday morning.

Why aren't the Ref's supposed to be accountable for THEIR failures??

you can spin it anyway you want, but it is possible that one play can cost the Skins a playoff bid....The Skins could a, should a, would a... but you know...so do the refs. ;)

I like Wilbon, but I don't like his attitude about complaining, when justified. Especially when he is a hypocrite about it. Like the Bartman play, when he feels his Chicago teams, or favorite players where robbed.. he is crying like a three year old with a boo boo.

except when it effects his team... ala "Bartman"

Excellent Bubba. I forgot about that one. I do remember him just saying the name "Bartman". It was like an assassin with venom dripping off his tongue. Then again it's convenient. It affects his team and his desires for them.

There is one other point that is missed by Wilbon when he goes on his "be a man, don't complain" tirade

Coaches know the Squeaky wheel gets the grease.... If an offical thinks a close call maybe be put under the spot light ... he may try a little harder the next time... maybe he holds a grudge, but the league gives perks like Superbowl games, based on performance.

He's got a point, Gibbs complains about the refs every week. Yes it's deserved but it also comes off a little bitter.

He's only saying what every other coach would say if they could afford the fines. Gibbs happens to be making more than any of them, so he's gonna say what he wants if it'll benefit the team down the road.

ur exactly right he should keep his mouth shut and stop trying to bring the redskins down if he got something to say say it to joe gibbs face and not tell the world what he thinks about joe gibbs:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck :mad:

Yikes!

The guy is a writer and as such is paid to offer opinion. Think of it this way, when he offers praise, he means it, just as when he offers criticism.

Let's not get in such an uproar over one man's opinion. Personally, I often find myself disagreeing with Wilbon's views. As I do with Kornheiser, Wise, Daly and others. I also find myself agreeing with same. Their job is to be provocative, not be homers for the team. Our job is NOT to agree with them, but to consider their point of view and decide what we believe.

However, I do have a gripe with people who seem to have an axe to grind (Sally, we hardly knew ye) but Wilbon is not like this IMO.

Yikes!

The guy is a writer and as such is paid to offer opinion. Think of it this way, when he offers praise, he means it, just as when he offers criticism.

Let's not get in such an uproar over one man's opinion. Personally, I often find myself disagreeing with Wilbon's views. As I do with Kornheiser, Wise, Daly and others. I also find myself agreeing with same. Their job is to be provocative, not be homers for the team. Our job is NOT to agree with them, but to consider their point of view and decide what we believe.

However, I do have a gripe with people who seem to have an axe to grind (Sally, we hardly knew ye) but Wilbon is not like this IMO.

I agree, Wilbon does his best to give an unbiased, cold unfiltered opinions.

Sometimes we are good and we like the things he says, some times we are bad, and we don't like what he says, and sometimes Wilbon is wrong in his opinion, and we don't like what he says, like with this little comment.

Wilbon has proven on several occassions to have no spine..he says things on PTI to get a rise out of people....it's just showmanship. Kornheiser has called him out on the radio on more than one occassion and Wilbon admits he says things to help the show out. I really can't take someone seriously who changes his/her opinion when the wind blows a different direction. :)

That bald ass freak!!!! I hate to look at that freak. He has big fat lipps that do nothing but transfer hot air from his ass into his mouth. He thinks he knows everything, and as long as a Chicago team is doing well, he is a ****y freak. He is paid by the Washington Post to write for the Redskins, I wish they would fire the fat lipp punk who needs a big fat wack across his big fat lipps.

WILBON IS AN ANNOYING LITTLE FAT CHUBBY KID I WANNA PUNCH IN THE FACE. FOR ABOUT 4 YEARS NOW AND HE IS NOTHING WASHINGTON.

HE BUYS EVERY STEREOTYPE OUT THERE AND ADDS NO ORIGINALITY TO SPORTS REPORTING, A TRUE FAT LITTLE CHUBBY KID I WANNA PUNCH IN THE FACE (that's what he reminds me of, I really don't want to punch fat chubby kids in the face)

WILBON IS AN ANNOYING LITTLE FAT CHUBBY KID I WANNA PUNCH IN THE FACE. FOR ABOUT 4 YEARS NOW AND HE IS NOTHING WASHINGTON.

HE BUYS EVERY STEREOTYPE OUT THERE AND ADDS NO ORIGINALITY TO SPORTS REPORTING, A TRUE FAT LITTLE CHUBBY KID I WANNA PUNCH IN THE FACE (that's what he reminds me of, I really don't want to punch fat chubby kids in the face)

So how do ya really feel about Mike....... :silly:

Yikes!

BS- That's what a writer is supposed to do, yes. But Wilbon just wants to be on the side that's winning. I would do his dishes at dinner if he came up with a controversial opinion that he truly believed in. He just wants his fat checks and his fat spot on ESPN (courtesy to TK) and has nothing original or even entertaining to say.

So his FAT LITTLE KID *** better lay off Gibbs orn :mad:

It reminds me of a time he called out Philly fans on the show. I lived in the Philly area so I had to listen to 610 WIP (Philly Sports and a n annual crank each year courtesy of the Birds). ANyway, one of the DJ's actually got Wilbon on the air the next day and called him out. Wilbon was such a p****. "I just disagree" was the extent of his defense, getting his *** handed to him on the air trying to act like a big shot and questioning th eprofessionalism of the DJ.

He's a *****. IMO, I don't care for him because he lacks integrity.

BS- That's what a writer is supposed to do, yes. But Wilbon just wants to be on the side that's winning. I would do his dishes at dinner if he came up with a controversial opinion that he truly believed in. He just wants his fat checks and his fat spot on ESPN (courtesy to TK) and has nothing original or even entertaining to say.

So his FAT LITTLE KID *** better lay off Gibbs orn :mad:

Well, at least we know you never read the Sports section of the Washington Post.

Archived