Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins vs. Cards: Best and Worst

#1SkinsFan

:helmet: OK, I checked ESPN.com for team by team comparison of the Skins and Cards, and here is what I came up with:

Arizona's Offense: 10th in the NFL

Total Yards: 4199 (10th in NFL)

Total YPG: 349.9 (10th in NFL)

Total Rush Yards: 833 (32nd in NFL)

Rush YPG: 69.4 (32nd in NFL)

Total Pass Yards: 3366 (1st in NFL)

Pass YPG: 280.5 (1st in NFL)

Total Points: 239 (17th in NFL)

PPG: 19.9 (17th in NFL)

VS.

Redskins Defense: 9th in the NFL

Total Yards (allowed): 3582 (9th in NFL)

Total YPG (allowed): 298.5 (9th in NFL)

Total Rush Yards (allowed): 1320 (15th in NFL)

Rush YPG (allowed): 110 (15th in NFL)

Total Pass Yards (allowed): 2262 (10th in NFL)

Pass YPG (allowed): 188.5 (10th in NFL)

Total Points (allowed): 233 (13th in NFL)

PPG (allowed): 19.4 (13th in NFL)

Redskins Offense: 12th in the NFL

Total Yards: 4066(12th in NFL)

Total YPG: 338.8 (12th in NFL)

Total Rush Yards: 1596 (6th in NFL)

Rush YPG: 133 (6th in NFL)

Total Pass Yards: 2469 (18th in NFL)

Pass YPG: 205.8 (18th in NFL)

Total Points: 241 (16th in NFL)

PPG: 20.1 (16th in NFL)

VS.

Cardinals Defense: 20th in the NFL

Total Yards (allowed): 3838 (20th in NFL)

Total YPG (allowed): 319.8 (20th in NFL)

Total Rush Yards (allowed): 1350 (19th in NFL)

Rush YPG (allowed): 112.5 (19th in NFL)

Total Pass Yards (allowed): 2488 (18th in NFL)

Pass YPG (allowed): 207.3 (18th in NFL)

Total Points (allowed): 302 (28th in NFL)

PPG (allowed): 25.2 (28th in NFL)

Now, Player Stats:

Cardinals 2 leading recievers

Larry Fitzgerald: 1128 yards/ 13.8 ypc/ 7 TDS

Anquan Boldin: 992 yards/ 14.6 ypc/ 5 TDS

vs.

Redskins 2 leading recievers

Santana Moss: 1111 yards/ 16.8 ypc/ 6 TDS

Chris Cooley: 629 yards/ 11.6 ypc/ 3 TDS

Cardinals Quarterback Stats

Kurt Warner: 207/324--63.9 % comp.-- 2343 yards--9 TDS--8 INTS--84.4 QB Rating.

vs.

Redskins Quarterback Stats

Mark Brunell: 216/370--58.4 % comp.--2512 yards--16 TDS--5 INTS--87.8 QB Rating.

Redskins Running Back Stats

Clinton Portis: 249 att--1079 yards--4.3 avg--long 47--7 TDS

Ladell Betts: 54 att--222 yards--4.1 avg--long 22--0 TDS

Rock Cartwright: 24 att--186 yards--7.8 avg--2 TDS

vs.

Cardinals Running Back Stats

Marcel Shipp: 115 att--297 yards--2.6 avg--long 19--0 TDS

J.J. Arrington: 81 att--283 yards--3.5 avg--long 32--2 TDS

Josh McCown: 17 att--89 yards--5.2 avg--long 12--0 TDS

After reviewing all these team statistics, I have found that the Cardinals have a deadly 2 reciever set, and we must be prepared for them. WE dont have to worry about their anemic run offense, so must focus mainly on stopping Kurt Warner, Boldin, and Fitz. Their O-Line is prone to giving up sacks, and Warner also has thrown 8 INTS, mostly unnder pressure. If we can get a pass rush and overpower their O-Line, and get to Warner, we can force a couple INTS. Their defense is sub-par, giving up 25.2 points per game, and we have to exploit it They are also not that great against the run, so we have to stick with our bread and butter. If we can do that and open up the pass, by setting up the run, then we should be able to put some points up on the board. As well as our defense goes, I think we have to stick mainly to shutting down Boldin and Fitz, like we did with Holt and Bruce against the Rams. They have great talent, and we cannot let them get in the open field. If we play consistne solid defense, and get some turnovers, then that would put us in a good position to win. Our offense has to stay steady, and set up the pass, by running early, and heavily. Our o-line also has to protect Brunell, and make sure he doesnt have to rush his passes. If they give him time in the pocket, that will open up some things downfield, and hopefully Brunell can exploit it. The Cards secondary is young, and lacks speed and cover skills that will be needed to keep up with Moss and co. If the Cards duble cover Moss, look for Brunell to hit up Jacobs, Cooley, and Royal when needed. This game will be decided in the first 2 quarters, and we have to dictate this game early. Its a road game, but we have to stay focused, and play like we want to win the game. If we contain Warner, and the pass happy Cards, then we should be able to get the game into our hands early and come home 7-6 with another road win. If we play sluggish, then it may come down to a shootout, so we have to make sure that we dont let the Cards hang around until the 4th quarter. Good teams beat bad teams on the road and with that said, the Redskins should be able to take the lead early, control the clock, and contain the Cards offense pretty well and keep them off the field most of the game.

Prediction

Redskins-31 :helmet:

Cardinals-17

wow. that's stat about ARI being 1st in passing offense (only because Bulger is out) and 32nd in rushing offense is like the opposite of the Ravens of old... without the dominating defense of course.

this will be a game where we should force at least 2 turnovers and i wouldn't be surprised to see a score on defense either.

#1 Skins

I'm in the process of watching some recent Cardinals games. Expect Antrelle Rolle to play some in the nickel game... and maybe even Big E, Elton Brown to start after being injured (he's 4th round draft pick who went to UVA...).

Sometimes you have to be careful with their offense because they will run sets with Boldin out of the backfield. I think Fitzgerald has improved throughout the season. Arrington has also shown some improvement at the RB position, Shipp is aweful.

Their run defense is attrocious... Shaun Alexander rushed for 140 and 170 against this defense! As a comparison, he rushed for 120 and 160 against St. Louis.

The Cardinals do a good job of putting points on the board, they scored ~ 20 points a game prior to this weekend against the 49ers. We don't exactly have an offensive juggernaut... yes we control the ball, but sometimes points are hard to come by. We haven't been playing the weakest of defenses either.

By pure stats, using FootballOutsiders.com stats (used in the foxsports.com power rankings), Arizona has the 22nd offense, 27th defense, and 16th ranked special teams.

I'll add more comments after watching some more of their games.

#1 Skins

I'm in the process of watching some recent Cardinals games. Expect Antrelle Rolle to play some in the nickel game... and maybe even Big E, Elton Brown to start after being injured (he's 4th round draft pick who went to UVA...).

Sometimes you have to be careful with their offense because they will run sets with Boldin out of the backfield. I think Fitzgerald has improved throughout the season. Arrington has also shown some improvement at the RB position, Shipp is aweful.

Their run defense is attrocious... Shaun Alexander rushed for 140 and 170 against this defense! As a comparison, he rushed for 120 and 160 against St. Louis.

The Cardinals do a good job of putting points on the board, they scored ~ 20 points a game prior to this weekend against the 49ers. We don't exactly have an offensive juggernaut... yes we control the ball, but sometimes points are hard to come by. We haven't been playing the weakest of defenses either.

By pure stats, using FootballOutsiders.com stats (used in the foxsports.com power rankings), Arizona has the 22nd offense, 27th defense, and 16th ranked special teams.

I'll add more comments after watching some more of their games.

thanks for the feed, and you are right that they can put points up. WE have to control the speed of the game, and try to keep them out of the endzone.

wow. that's stat about ARI being 1st in passing offense (only because Bulger is out) and 32nd in rushing offense is like the opposite of the Ravens of old... without the dominating defense of course.

this will be a game where we should force at least 2 turnovers and i wouldn't be surprised to see a score on defense either.

I hope you are right, but as SonnyRules said," We cant come out like we did against the Rams and expect to win. 60 minutes of effort, no less!"

That is what we have to do, we cant play 3 quarters, and give them a chance to come back. Play hard the entire game.

Dallas and the Giants clobbered the Cardinals.

They are only 'good' if the Redskins allow them to look that way.

This is a game where the Redskins merely need to NOT beat themselves with turnovers and penalties.

The Cardinals will need a plus 2 or 3 in the turnover ratio to win.

Dallas and the Giants clobbered the Cardinals.

They are only 'good' if the Redskins allow them to look that way.

This is a game where the Redskins merely need to NOT beat themselves with turnovers and penalties.

The Cardinals will need a plus 2 or 3 in the turnover ratio to win.

agreed, but i do think we will need to be in the plus side of the TO ratio to win also. WE cant give them the ball in good field position.

Cards Suck, You'll Whoop Em Easy!!!!

We will beat em but I wont say easy. Never underestimate any team my friend regardless of record because they have nothing to lose and will begin to experiment for the following year. They have two nasty receivers and they are huge (Fitzgerald 6'3" 221 and Boldin 6'2" 220) for receivers. But they will fall to the Skins baby !!!!!!!!!

Archived