Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We can realistically still win the EAST

wshngtn1

The only way we make the playoffs is to win the East, 10-6 wont get a wild card this year. KC is with out Priest Holmes now so depend on them, Carolina got spanked by Tampa, almost shut out. I feel what your saying, I dont care what anyone says, this Skins team just needs to close the door in the 4th and we can beat anyone. If we learn that starting now, its going to be interesting if we do get in the playoffs some how. :applause:

THIS POST is what I'm basing all football happiness on...I have seen the same scenario. The only difference is that I think the Giants will beat dallas sunday. BUT, and this is a big BUT...after beating Dallas I COULD see the Eagles upsetting the Giants. But even if it doesn't happen, things could turn out good.

It would be better for us if the Giants beat Dallas. If Dallas beats New York, they will have 2 divisional road victories and if by chance they beat us, they would have 3. There is a slim chance that even if we lose to Dallas, we could still take the division, but NOT if Dallas wins in New York.

But the original post is very promising! I'll enjoy watching the Giants/Cowboys beat the crud out of each other and getting psyched up for the Redskins/Rams game.

Remember guys, in 1989 we were 5-6 and ran the table. We can do this!

I'm glad you see it this way too. Yeah, I'm not sure about the Giants/Dallas game this Sunday, but I'm pulling for Dallas because if we can't beat them at home coming off a two-game winning streak (i hope) at Fed-Ex, then we don't deserve anything. That might be the craziest game at Fed-Ex thus far...until the Giants come to town the weak after (if we beat the boys)...

Guest sith lord

I understand standing by your team, but lets be honest here. And it makes me any less a fan than any of you who don't think there's nothing wrong with this team. As a paying costomer, I have a right to gripe, like it or not.

It all depends on the heart of this team. If the players think we are beat, then we are beat. If they know that they can go out and run the table then that is what will happen. Dallas or the Giants will crumble, the NFC South teams will beat each other up and the second place team will be 9-7. Write it down, make a note, add to favorites, take a picture. If we go 10-6 we make the playoffs end of story.

Lets not forget that there will most likely be two teams coming out of the NFC East this year so there are two spots up for grabs.

The NFC South plays each other a lot down the stretch and will probably knock each other down. The Viking's schedule get tougher so I do not see them as too much of a problem.

Being a dallas fan i will say that you guys have the most favorable schedule of any team in the east. Its not completely out of the question for the redskins to take the East.....But i wouldnt bank on it. It would take a complete collapse from the Giants and Cowboys for it to happen. Its nice to see the NFC East competitive again, im really looking forward to the Redskin game, it will be a WAR and a GREAT matchup.

Good post dude, actualy better them most Skins fans. So glad our teams arent quiters like some of these idiots who call themselves fans.

Guest sith lord
Good post dude, actualy better them most Skins fans. So glad our teams arent quiters like some of these idiots who call themselves fans.

Nobody's a quitter. Realistically it's highly unlikely that the Skins are gonna be in the playoffs. The same way as it's unrealistic that I'm gonna catch the mega millions tomorrow. If they make the playoffs, I would be estatic for being wrong, but I believe I'm totally right and deep down, you know I'm right.

Please explain to me how any scenario that banks on the Skins stringing together 4 straight wins (two of which would have to come on the road and two of which would have to come vs. the two best teams in our division) is "realistic" when we haven't won 4 in a row in 4 years?

Is it possible? Sure. Likely? No. Probable? No. Therefore it's not realistic. I'll cheer like Hell win or lose each weekend, but I'm not going to say that objectively we have a realistic chance to win the East...we simply have a chance.

Do you all seriously think we can't beat the Rams and Cards on the road and bring that momentum home to beat Dallas???

We aren't as pathetic as this board sounds. Sure, we've been giving them away, but we shouldn't give up hope until we are mathematically out.

Look at the schedules - its leaning pretty nicely in our favor.

I agree. Some "fans" sure do show their support, don't they. Those same people who are saying how terrible we are, will be the first ones to say.."I knew they could do it,"..."I always had faith in this team and I love them,"...if the team happens to make the playoffs. Yeah, we lost some tough ones, but damn, act like you are a fan of the redskins, act like you want this team to win/make the playoffs, act like you're rooting for them and not against them. There's still a chance, let's hope for the best.

Please explain to me how any scenario that banks on the Skins stringing together 4 straight wins (two of which would have to come on the road and two of which would have to come vs. the two best teams in our division) is "realistic" when we haven't won 4 in a row in 4 years?

Is it possible? Sure. Likely? No. Probable? No. Therefore it's not realistic. I'll cheer like Hell win or lose each weekend, but I'm not going to say that objectively we have a realistic chance to win the East...we simply have a chance.

Actually, we did win 4 in a row...the season finale last year and the first 3 this year.

Actually, we did win 4 in a row...the season finale last year and the first 3 this year.

OK, you're right. By spanning two seasons to prove that point wrong, it makes these next 4 games seem much more realistic as Ws...

How about this one...what has this team done since the end of September to make you believe we can win 2 in a row (let alone 4)?

Next week the Skins should be able to beat the Rams. Possibly playing against a rookie 7th round draft pick from an Ivy League school. Sure he had a great game, but one good game for him doesn't mean hes proved himself as a good QB. Also next week with Giants playing the Cowboys thats an automatic loss for one of them. Lets just say that Dallas wins that game. putting us 2 games back of the Cowboys and 1 of the Giants.

Then the week after that Skins got the Cardinals which should be an easy game, but you never know. That week the Giants should beat Philly and KC should beat the Cowboys. Putting us 1 game behind both the Giants and Dallas. Also if we were to lose one game the best loss would be either against the Rams or Cardinals so it doesnt do it anything to our divisional record.

In 3 weeks Skins should beat Dallas and the Giants should lose to the Chiefs. That would put us tied at 1st in the divsion with 2 games left. Then we should beat the Giants and Dallas should lose to Carolina putting us up 1 game on the division. Also both of those games against Dallas and the Giants are at home. As Wshngtn1 stated, week 17 WILL NOT matter because of the tiebreaker situation. SO THE DIVISION WILL BE WON BY THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS.

Next week the Skins should be able to beat the Rams. Possibly playing against a rookie 7th round draft pick from an Ivy League school. Sure he had a great game, but one good game for him doesn't mean hes proved himself as a good QB. Also next week with Giants playing the Cowboys thats an automatic loss for one of them. Lets just say that Dallas wins that game. putting us 2 games back of the Cowboys and 1 of the Giants.

Then the week after that Skins got the Cardinals which should be an easy game, but you never know. That week the Giants should beat Philly and KC should beat the Cowboys. Putting us 1 game behind both the Giants and Dallas. Also if we were to lose one game the best loss would be either against the Rams or Cardinals so it doesnt do it anything to our divisional record even though a loss pretty much crushes our chances at the division or wild card.

In 3 weeks Skins should beat Dallas and the Giants should lose to the Chiefs. That would put us tied at 1st in the divsion with 2 games left. Then we should beat the Giants and Dallas should lose to Carolina putting us up 1 game on the division. Also both of those games against Dallas and the Giants are at home. As Wshngtn1 stated, week 17 WILL NOT matter because of the tiebreaker situation. SO THE DIVISION WILL BE WON BY THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS.

That was a good post (thread starter). Realistically YEAH we have a "chance" the door is there....but this team just hasnt proven to me that they are good enough to get through the door...I dont even think we can beat the Rams in STL.

Ok so the scenarios are out there...we would need a lot of things to go wrong for the Cowboys/Giants and oh by the way we would have to win (according to the theory stated in the opening post) the next 4 games....even if we were to beat the Rams/Cards (which wouldnt shock me) I would be blown away if we beat both the Cowboys and Giants. There is a chance it could be done but I just dont think our team is 1) healthy enough....2) discipline enough....or 3) talented enough to win 4 of 5.

Im just hoping our guys havent thrown the towel in on the season and stumble into the dome only to get blown out....I have a feeling that will happen. The Rams are very good at home even w/their 3rd stringer...our D has shown its flaws and O has shown how inept it is (over the past 2 weeks). A win vs. the Rams will do this team so good to move toward the finish line of the regular season....Im not convinced we are good enough to beat the Rams even w/their injuries.

Folks,

This thing isn't over. Now, of course I'm being pretty optimistic and I'm trying to ignore the fact that we don't play in the 4th quarter, but.....we can still take the East. I'm not counting on a wildcard - this post is about taking the East.

Look over my predictions below and contructively critize them. Obviously the biggest thing is that we need to win out - except for our last game at Philly. And I'm banking on KC winning againt NYG and Dallas on the road.

So tell me what is unrealistic below (besides some of you saying the Skins can't win the next 4).

Next Week

We beat STL

Dallas beats NYG

Dallas 8-4

NYG 7-5

Skins 6-6

Week 14

We beat Arizona

Giants beats Philly

KC beats Dallas

Dallas 8-5

NYG 8-5

Skins 7-6

Week 15

We beat Dallas

KC beats NYG

Skins 8-6

Dallas 8-6

Giants 8-6

If all this actually does happen, our Week 16 game against NYG is the maker/breaker. If we lose to NYG, we cannot win the division.

Week 16

We beat NYG

Carolina beats Dallas

Skins 9-6

NYG 8-7

Dallas 8-7

At this point - week 17 is null because we will win any tie breaker. Our division record will be better than NYG and we beat Dallas Head-to-Head.

-------------------------------------------------

Hey homer...... pull of the blinders! You need to win 1 in a row before you win 5 in a row..... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yes this is true, but you also need to understand that mysterious things happen to take our games away every year. So as much as I want to see this happen, I am affraid to give my hopes up. If we make the playoffs, I will never doubt the Redskins again, if they dont, its just another year.

Think the thread starter said it best that of his picks, none seemed unrealistic to happen. As a fan, I always believe that as long as we are not mathematically eliminated - we have a realistic chance.

As for a winning streak - it has to start this week or we can start clamoring for Ramsey or Campbell.

:ramsuck:

:cheers:

If we go 5-0 then (includes 1 ea. W vs. Dal & NY):

Dal & NY must go 3-1* in their other games to tie us (we win tie breakers).

:point2sky

If we go 4-1 then (includes 1 ea. W vs. Dal & NY):

Dal & NY must go 2-2* in their other games to tie us (we win tie breakers).

*1 loss assured, Dal vs NY next week.

Dallas has slightly tougher schedule (@NY, KC, @Was, @Car, StL) than NY (Dal, @Phi, KC, @Was, @ Oak), so root for Dal next week (do your best).:dallasuck

The Big IF. IF we win. We have lost because of a lot of little if's this year, it is time for things to turn.:2cents:

I have watched a lot of NFL games this year. I have not been overly impressed with any team**. Any team can beat any team on any Sunday!

**Except the Colts.

Winning the division after all this, makes a much better story.

:applause:

Archived