Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fan Satisfaction Poll

jimster

I know every year as fans we'd like to see our team playing in February, but because the current staff is trying to un-do 14 years of mistakes, would you be at least content if we finished 8-8 because it's an improvement over worse records from the last few years?

Keep in mind that when Parcells goes to a new team, no one expects him to do "it" until year 3. Vermeil went 4-12 and 5-11 in his first 2 years back. - Those 2 coaches didn't have as much weeding out of the bad players and changing of culture that Gibbs has had to deal with here. - I would think that 8-8 would be an acceptable improvement considering.

I know many think Gibbs is making mistakes - he is - but he is a part of this transition as well. We've lost some players to free agency, have a LOT of injuries, but we still hang with just about anybody. Plus, we got 2 monkeys off our backs in breaking losing streaks to Dallas and Philly. - We're more competitive than we've been in years and we're still improving.

I don't like the losses, but I still see a lot of good things.

Go 'Skins :logo:

Anyone who says playoffs or bust before the season started are full of beans! 8-8 would be a nice improvement, and 9-7 would be unbelievable. If anyone votes for playoffs or the season was a waste, I would like to hear their explanation, and how, at the beginning of the season, they could come to that conclusion.

All these comparisons to other coaches like D.V. and B.P. are nonsense. When D.V. went to St.L and B.P. to Dallas, they had VERY little to work with and built from scratch. Pus they both have a great grasp of how today's game is played and they arent stuck back in time to how an offense was run 20 years ago. Please look at B.P. roster in Dallas 2 years ago when he went 10-6!!!!!! If you do not remember, it was a pitiful roster.

We have a roster that includes Portis, Samuels, Jansen, Santana, Lavar, Springs, Griffin, Taylor, Washington, not to mention tons of other players that could and have played at just below star calibur. The most Gibbs has to deal with is an admitted Redskins jinx but this is not a rebuilding project. Dan Snyder(love em or hate him)has put a top notch roster on the field(minus a pass rushing DE and Smoot, which JG could have fought for during the off season and didnt. Also why get 2 speedy WR in an O like this??? How about a tall physical WR to go w/Santana??!!..makes no sense!!

This notion we should be happy w/8-8 just because St.Joe is coaching is nonsense and would never fly if it was any other coach. Yes, he should get a longer chance than most, but again yesterday by sitting on the ball against a high powered O(the D can only do so much late in a game against an O like SD if they have to go back out there after 3 plays) and us losing again, he continues to show he has no concept of the changes to the way the game is played today.

JOE MUST GO!!

All these comparisons to other coaches like D.V. and B.P. are nonsense. When D.V. went to St.L and B.P. to Dallas, they had VERY little to work with and built from scratch. Pus they both have a great grasp of how today's game is played and they arent stuck back in time to how an offense was run 20 years ago. Please look at B.P. roster in Dallas 2 years ago when he went 10-6!!!!!! If you do not remember, it was a pitiful roster.

Quick fixes don't work for this team. We've tried that. Joe Gibbs wants a foundation before he starts putting up bricks.

Dick Vermeil built for years, but had the advantage of draft picks. He also stumbled upon an arena league QB when his QB went down who was better than his starter - so he had a little luck there. - Add to that a weak NFC West divison in 1999.

Bill Parcells in his first year with Dallas went 10-6 with a soft schedule and Dallas humored themselves into thinking that they were fine with that "pitiful roster", then went 6-10 the next year. - Parcells was also only away from coaching for 3 years, not 12.

What Joe Gibbs is dealing with here is trying to sort through all of the attempted quick fixes of the past few years and figure out what's worth keeping while simultanuosly build for today and tomorrow.

JOE MUST GO!!

are you serious?

If this team can somehow scratch its way to a couple of wins against the Rams and Cards so that we go into the Dallas game with something still on the line, I may be able to accept this season as OK. If we lay an egg in either of the next two, this season is a failure, regardless of what happens in the last three games.

I remember before the season started there were several prediction threads on how the redskins would do. People were saying we would go 10-6, 11-5, and 12-4. If someone said that the skins would go 8-8 or worse, they would blasted for such an outrageous statement. Now that it looks like the season's over, I would be happy with an 8-8 record. It's getting depressing that a .500 record can satisfy me now.

Quick fixes don't work for this team. We've tried that. Joe Gibbs wants a foundation before he starts putting up bricks.

Dick Vermeil built for years, but had the advantage of draft picks. He also stumbled upon an arena league QB when his QB went down who was better than his starter - so he had a little luck there. - Add to that a weak NFC West divison in 1999.

Bill Parcells in his first year with Dallas went 10-6 with a soft schedule and Dallas humored themselves into thinking that they were fine with that "pitiful roster", then went 6-10 the next year. - Parcells was also only away from coaching for 3 years, not 12.

What Joe Gibbs is dealing with here is trying to sort through all of the attempted quick fixes of the past few years and figure out what's worth keeping while simultanuosly build for today and tomorrow.

Kurt Warner is no better than Patrick Ramsey and never was, he was the product on DV's system. He mapped out the blueprint for one of the most feared Os in history. Our O still faces the same problems it has after nearly two years, w/little attepmt to adapt.The NFC West division made no diff., they were the best in football. Darft pics?..How about ours..Jason C. at QB?, although the talent is great there, JG system will never allow it to happen. He proved that a Mark Brunell type is far more effective in his system than a talented arm like Ramsey. Guys arent running down the field like in Philly w/McNabb to allow the creativity in the legs and arm like JC might have. Carlos Rodgers?..Smoot was a true great draft pic..losing him to go w/Gibbs draft pic causes serious probs to the D because Harris is unable to go man-man against someone good, making probs. for GW to blitz like last year. Rodgers was a terrible alternative to signing Smoot, no matter what happens 3 years from now. Even if he gets good eventually, he might sign elsewhere.

Parcells teams were TRULLY affected by the salary cap. Our roster is loaded, bottom line(see my first quote). That "soft schedule" included two games against us w/a better roster which=2 losses. How about last year too, our roster was LIGHT YEARS ahead of theirs. I have never felt luckier as a Skin fan than this years Mon. game when our O looked like a HS O going against a NFL D for better than 3 1/2 quarters and then we pulled it out. Bottom line is Dallas is in prime playoff position and I would take our roster over theirs in .2 seconds.

JOE MUST GO!!

are you serious?

Problem is, I don't think since Gibbs came back that this team was built to succeed long term. I can see Brunell, while playing much better than last year, doesn't have much left in the tank. With all the the player turnover we continue to have each year, who is to say we will be better next year?

Problem with people today is they want a quick fix. In today's age you have to be patient and try and build on the positive instead of constantly fixating on the neg. The redskins are a middle of the road team and they need to try and aim for the playoffs, but if we hit 8-8 or even 7-9 I will be happy. We can't fire everyone who isn't making the playoffs every year. We have already fired everyone. So every one take it down a thousand!

Problem with people today is they want a quick fix. In today's age you have to be patient and try and build on the positive instead of constantly fixating on the neg. The redskins are a middle of the road team and they need to try and aim for the playoffs, but if we hit 8-8 or even 7-9 I will be happy. We can't fire everyone who isn't making the playoffs every year. We have already fired everyone. So every one take it down a thousand!

this is exactly what I'm saying. The quick fixes haven't worked, yet everyone wants us to keep replacing everyone year after year.

Anybody who is happy with 8-8 are not looking forward to much:doh: this is not the 80s it doesn't take 10 years to build a team:doh: 9-7 is fine if we finish strong but the division is getting a lot better and a lot younger while we don't have much to look forward to this comming offseason:doh: Players are getting older and make no mistake some "true Redskins" will be let go this offseason" we don't have a first round pick and we don't have a lot of room to improve our team which has A LOT of holes:doh:

Archived