Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LaDanian Tomlinson shows why he is the best RB in the league

MeNoRevs

Exactly.

Jim Brown and Barry Sanders couldn't put up bigger numbers than Portis with our line/playcalling.

I disagree with you. The run that LT had at the end, where he shed off the tackler, I think Portis would of went down. You dont see the jukes, or the speed of the jukes that Tomlinson has.

Just my honest opinion says that LT is leaps and bounds a better overall football player then Portis unfortionatly.

Exactly.

Jim Brown and Barry Sanders couldn't put up bigger numbers than Portis with our line/playcalling.

I disagree with that. LT finds yards when there is no hole. Barry and Jim were the same. Portis is not a juke type runner. He needs a hole or lane. Agreed the line makes a hugh difference. But you have to give credit wher is due.

I'd add that it's not JUST the line.

I think that what the coaches are trying to do in the run game is at fault too. Why not JUST ADOPT THE ALEX GIBBS WAY totally? Seriously, why not? It's not as if Denver has trouble running in crunch time because of that technique. Even if you mix in a LITTLE traditional stuff, why not just do what successful running teams do?

This 're-establishing' the LOS 1-2 yards downfield has FAILED.

The Chargers' run blocking is nothing to write home about. LT pretty much earns every yard he gets. It's not like KC where there are 5yd wide holes to run through. LT has pretty much been facing 8 men in the box and been fighting off the defense at the line of scrimmage his whole career.

its our play calling.... it freakin stinks.... fourth quarter is the quarter where we gots to step it up. instead we step bak. runt he ball and be so predictable.. its a pattern gibbs must change... if u was a defensive player on the opposing team.. int he 4th quarter with the lead, who do u think will get the ball.. portis? no way!!!!!!!

Portis was able to make the exact same jukes when he was in Denver but once he came here behind our stinky line that all went away because he simply doesn't have enough time to react.

No way, no way Portis made the same moves as LT did even back in the Denver oline days. For Portis then, it was make one cut, and gone. Dont get me wrong, I seen him spin, make a juke here and there, but no way in the same level as LT.

Give Portis a good line and watch what happens.

Yea. I mean, don't get me wrong, LT is a great RB, but he's not as amazing to me as people seem. The chargers have a great ability to open up lanes for LT, much better than what Portis tends to get.

LT's numbers aren't that high compared to a number of backs in the league. I think it's just that he's the best in tight coverages(such as the RZ).

Give Portis a good line and watch what happens

We have a good line, that's what's so depressing.

LT played great, but we held him down for sixty minutes.

Defense played a great game.

Offense couldn't sustain but one drive.

Game over.

No, we don't.

We have a "high priced" line.

We have some "name" guys on the line.

But we most certainly do not have a good offensive line.

Not by a long shot.

LT would have had his fourth passing TD if Brees caught the ball. If you can't call him the best RB in the NFL, you can't deny he's one of the best at his position and certainly a threat to rush, catch and pass. He has at least two TDs in all three aspects of the offense.

If Brees catches the ball he would have got hit and no TD. The only thing good about this is LT is on my fantasy team.

Give Portis a good line and watch what happens

We have a good line, that's what's so depressing.

LT played great, but we held him down for sixty minutes.

Defense played a great game.

Offense couldn't sustain but one drive.

Game over.

We have players who are living off of the past and who don't seem to have IT anymore.

Archived