Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most Disappointing Redskins Player in History?

melonhead1959

Guest GibbSkins11
I hear you, the Ricky Williams trade was great for the Redskins. I'll give Casserly two cents worth of credit for shutting up & taking it, and not botching it up. But that trade pretty much fell into our laps like a gift. Andre Johnson/Penn State OT...wow, you know your Redskins history and that is a golden one. For me I can only see Casserly/Emperor Palpatine behind the scense pulling the strings again?!

The Andre Johnson trade is a doozy though. That year my personal choice was Tony Brackens. (see what I mean about how I could just go on & on about Casserly, I relish every season that man falls on his face)

yeah casserly made stupid moves year after year but at least he did a couple good things hell if he did one that would be one more than andre johnson did for us ........ dont get me wrong casserly as a gm was a piece of :pooh: ........ but

andre johnson was the biggest piece of :pooh: of them all

Most disappointing Free Agent: Deion Sanders

Most disappointing Draft Pick: Andre Johnson

Why: We traded up that year with Dallas to get him with the last pick in the 1st round. He never played a snap. Worst yet, the coaches came out and said he couldn't get the playbook.

Just to irritate myself more I decided to return to the 1996 draft to see what players went in the 2nd and 3rd round after good ol' can't get right (Andre Johnson). As unfair as it may be, here's the list of the players that at least made some impact in the NFL from the 2nd & 3rd rounds (since we did not have picks in those rounds). Some are still playing today of course.

2nd round

33 Tony Brackens

34 Amani Toomer

35 Mike Alstott

36 Lawyer Milloy

43 Muhsin Muhammad

44 Tory James

47 Fred Thomas

49 Randall Godfrey

52 Bobby Engram

57 Lance Johnstone

58 Reggie Tongue

61 Brian Dawkins

3rd round

62 Ray Mickens

63 Aaron Beasley

66 Roman Oben

75 Moe Williams

86 Teddy Bruschi

87 Matt Stevens

89 "Odor" Terrell Owens

Guest GibbSkins11
Billick should be fired.

He went out and got Elvis Grbac. Then he went out and got Chris Redman. Then Kyle Boller. Meanwhile, since that win in 2000, the Ravens haven't had a qb worth a damn in the last 4 years despite Billick being a supposed 'genius' :)

this is a skins question not a ravens question , ravens make me wanna :puke:

:ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck:ravensuck:ravensuck

Deion for sure cause he was a stinkin cowboy first.it was just disappointing seeing him in a redskin uniform instead of being drug behind the mascots horse.and nobody mentioned Jeff George.Jay Schraeder?Michael Westbrook!goodness,i could go on but i'll leave it at that.wait,one more.Steve Spurrior!!

Archived