Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where will Ramsey go?

Dirtbag 28

I would personally like to see Ramsey stay with the Skins because he is a great QB with alot of arm and talent. He needs snaps to prove it again. Why try to start over when you may have "Brett Farve" in the midst. :2cents:

With the trade for Brunell and giving up three picks for Campbell, it's apparent that Gibbs doesn't see Ramsey in his plans.

Those three picks spent for Campbell guarantees he starts or backs up Brunell next year. If Gibbs can't trade Ramsey in the offseason this year, he plays out his option next season as a third string (which doesn't make sense).

Besides, while no reasonable person has any quarrel with Gibbs's right to make his choice of QBs, the way he handled Ramsey's promotion-demotion was low class and unlike Joe Gibbs. I think Joe will want to do the right thing which is to move Patrick to a team where he has a real opportunity to start and be successful.

Bear in mind that Pat can increase his trade value, benefitting the Skins, if he's willing to sign a new deal with another team...so he has some control in this situation.

That's why I don't see the Jets as a likely place. I see Detroit, Miami, Oakland in that order. The Ravens only if Billick signals that he has a change of philosophy in mind with the offense. Otherwise, Ramsey doesn't fit.

Probally but i think were gonna trade him to the followin teams...:D

Miami

Cleveland

Baltimore

New York Jets

Detroit

Tennessee

Green Bay, Buffalo and MAYBE Minnisota if they trade daunte culpepper to the cardinals which there have been rumors to reunite with denny green.

Players we will want in return, possibly?

Miami - Jason Taylor, Chris Chambers

Cleveland - Nothing really makes sense here except for picks

Baltimore - Terrell Suggs

New York Jets - John Abraham (FA may be tagged), Shaun Ellis

Detroit - picks (Edwards is a FA)

Tennessee - Drew Bennett, Tyrone Calico, Ben Troupe, Travis LaBoy, Antwan Odom, Randy Starks (Vanden Bosh is a FA)

Maybe teams...

Green Bay - Javon Walker, KGB (Aaron Kampman looks like a guy perfect for our squad and is a FA)

Buffalo - picks

Minnesota - picks

Tennessee - Drew Bennett, Tyrone Calico, Ben Troupe, Travis LaBoy, Antwan Odom, Randy Starks (Vanden Bosh is a FA)

Maybe teams...

Green Bay - Javon Walker, KGB (Aaron Kampman looks like a guy perfect for our squad and is a FA)

Buffalo - picks

Minnesota - picks

:deal: Baltimore- Terrell Suggs The better of those choices. It works. Pat wont have to move away and thats about an even trade. I think that would be great. It would sure up the D. Also, I think we need to try to get Hassellback back from NY as a #3. Save the pics for depth on other areas.

patric ramsey is not going to draw trades for guys like jason taylor or terell suggs. Be reasonable, I love Ramsey as much as the next guy, and I wish he would have been given a fair shot by gibbs, but the bottom line is that he wasn't, and when he was on the field he wasn't exactly the top rated passer. We won't be able to get a player equal to the talent that we all know ramsey possesses, becasue he is not yet a proven commodity. With that said, I think Ramsey for Chris Chambers is feasible, but you know we'd also get squeezed for a draft pick, as we always do.

Likely to the Jets. You guys are basically joined at the hip (Riggins, Monk, Moss, Coles, Randy Thomas, Hall, Morton, Im sure im missing a few)

The Jets are still on the hook for huge money to Pennington over the next few years so asking them to deal for Rivers, or take a Leinart top 5 is putting way too much money into the QB position. Ramseys contract is peanuts compared to Rivers and what Leinart would get, and I happen to think Ramsey is BETTER then Rivers who ive never been a fan of

If they offer you a high 2nd rounder you should take it and run, you've obviously hitched your wagon to Campbell, you didnt deal those picks for him to have him be Ramseys backup. I happen to be more impressed with his skill set then most of your own fans are and Id think he would do well there

Ramsey will probably go to Vikings or the jets. Possibly the Dolphins. Maybe for a 3rd roound pick or something of that nature.

According to a bunch of reports here in NY, before caving in and signing Vinny, the Jets called the Skins about Ramsey and the Skins demanded a 1st round pick. The Jets rightfully scoffed at it (and I like Ramsey, but a 1st round pick? especially a high one?). They were pressed for time, couldn't wait on negotiations to develop and had to get a QB (remember they lost both Chad and Fiedler in the same game) and just signed Vinny instead.

The teams will likely talk again and we will see if the skins lower their demands. they were probably just trying to hold the jets over the barrell and take advantage of a bad situation

Mark Brunell had a flash. A briedf period. But he truly looks like he is slowing way down. By next year, he will most certainly be DONE. That leaves Campbell, a rookie with no experience to be your QB?

What is wrong with Patrick, Brunell, and Campbell all going into camp with an equal shot. Make Campbell prove himself...make Patrick prove that another year in the system has benefited him, and make Brunell prove that he's not done.

But if Brunell is done, do you REALLY want a rookie to run this thing?

Well, on the plus side he wouldn't have to pack up his house. :silly:

It is no secret that the Ravens covet Leinart or Vince Young but they might both be off the table by the time they draft. So either they trade up trade for a QB like Ramsey or sign a free agent.

I think that there will be a lot of teams interested in Ramsey.

ramsey is THE reason i hate spurrier. Ramsey could have been great for us were it not for Spurrier ruining this kid before he even got started. Ramsey is a pocket passer. those guys need an o line. with chris samuels playing like a pee wee mvp at best and not much other help on that line ramsey was doomed. gawd i hate spurrier. ramsey has an arm like favre but whe you dont get time to look the options over... it is hard to be successful. besides its easy to sit back and say things about someone until you have tried to do his job.wasnt it ramsey who won the toughest man in the nfl a couple of years ago? over ray lewis? shame shame, a qb should never even be considered for that much less have to pick his a$$ up so many times as he did. i just hope for his future that he hasnt completely lost his nerve!!

SHAME ON YOU SPURRIER!!!!!

Maybe teams...

Buffalo - picks

Minnesota - picks

WOW. Dude, PR might not even fish us a first day pick, much less ANY of these guys. Jason Taylor? Javon Walker?! Terrell Suggs!?!??!?!

I stand with my prediction of Oakland or Baltimore.

Ramsey will be a Redskin, I think the only sure fire way of knowing if Ramsey is going any where, will be a Brunell injury. Whoever his replacement is, will be the QB of next year, If Ramsey comes in, then Ramsey will be a Redskin.

Gibbs said earlier this season that if Brunell is hurt for a short period, it's Ramsey. Long term, it's Campbell.

WOW. Dude, PR might not even fish us a first day pick, much less ANY of these guys. Jason Taylor? Javon Walker?! Terrell Suggs!?!??!?!

I stand with my prediction of Oakland or Baltimore.

You are forgetting that Quarterback is the most covetted position in the NFL. If the Eagles can get a 2nd rounder for AJ Feely, we can get something or someone good for a QB with all the talent a pocket passer could have.

Probally but i think were gonna trade him to the followin teams...:D

Miami

Cleveland

Baltimore

New York Jets

Detroit

Tennessee

Green Bay, Buffalo and MAYBE Minnisota if they trade daunte culpepper to the cardinals which there have been rumors to reunite with denny green.

Minnesota would have to be pretty stupid to get rid of Culpepper. On the other hand, they were stupid enough to give up Randy Moss.

Ramsey could go with any of the aforementioned teams, but I think the one that I like best is him going to the jets for john abraham. I doubt that would happen, but man would it help our pass rush out.

:applause: I agree. Any one of the previously mentioned teams will be interested however, at least the Jets have a someone that we are interested in as well, Abraham. Plus, I am not a Ramsey hater, I would like to see him go some where else and succeed. GO Jets!

Archived