Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Does More With Less

truskinsfan18

Do you guys realize what a offensive Guru we have...really. I cant believe the media said this offseason that Gibbs " used to be" an offensive guru, and that today defenses are moe "complex". What is surprising to me it, our offense is ranked higher than an offense that has Randy Moss, Jerry Porter, Lamant Jordan, and kerry kollins. Holy Crap!!! Before the season if you asked me what our offense would be ranked, truthfully id say 25-30, and IM a homer. What legit offensive weapon do we have( according to the media before the season)...? What was all that bs we heard about our offense, lets review:

" Joe cant figure out modern D's"

" Portis was just a system back"

" Moss only got 45 catches last year stupid move to take cap hit"

" They don't even have a consisten qb"

" the line is weak, need to upgrade the guards"

" no number 1 wr" ( heard a lot fo you guys say that)

Weren't all of these proven wrong? Our offense is what 5th overall?!!? I didnt check but im guessing its around that. Come on guys, lets give a little more credit to Gibbs rather than praise moss and Brunell so much( although they deserve much praise). Maybe, just maybe, its the old mans scheme that has us ranked high...? Just imagine, this offense is getting better every week, as is gibbs adjustment to the nfl. I dont know about you guys, but I see great things for us in the future

Whenever people say that the game has passed Coach Gibbs by, I am reminded of Wilbon's piece when Coach Gibbs first came back.

"Is it possible that the game has passed by Joe Gibbs?

The reasonable answer is that, if it has, he'll catch it and pass it pretty quickly."

And as we watch this year unfold, it's pretty obvious Coach Gibbs is on the "catching it" part and well on his way of "passing it" again.

Joe is the master.

I wasn't too sure of Brunell until this pre-season, but always kept my faith in Joe.

I think some credit should also go to Bill Musgrave..I think he's helped to infuse some new blood into the offense. But most credit should still stick with Gibbs for at least acknowledging any weaknesses and strengthening them. He's never been too proud to change.

I still wouldn't mind an upgrade of the guards though.

I think to appreciate this man Genius one has to just see the decision he made at QB. Who the heck would have thought after last year the Brunell would be under center and playing so well? I think Joe really struggled with the fact that after seeing both QBs in preseason he realize Brunell was the more capable of the two and it must have been VERY hard for him to bench Ramsey for Brunell, but he knew it was the correct decision while the rest of us thought he was nuts.

In addition the move last year to trade a #2 to get Cooley in the 3rd round was nothing short of BRILIANT. Can you imagine any other coach, knowing full well that he needed a big time TE/HB and to have Winslow sitting there only to say no we will get ST and then find someone like Cooley? That right there to me show that this man has an increadible sense of what it means to field a championship team. No wonder he won 3 SBs with 3 different RBs and QBs in a division that had the Giants and the Boys and in a confference that also had the 49s and the Bears.

Can you imagine if we were in the AFC? We would be going to the SB almost every year.

Do you guys realize what a offensive Guru we have...really. I cant believe the media said this offseason that Gibbs " used to be" an offensive guru, and that today defenses are moe "complex". What is surprising to me it, our offense is ranked higher than an offense that has Randy Moss, Jerry Porter, Lamant Jordan, and kerry kollins. Holy Crap!!! Before the season if you asked me what our offense would be ranked, truthfully id say 25-30, and IM a homer. What legit offensive weapon do we have( according to the media before the season)...? What was all that bs we heard about our offense, lets review:

" Joe cant figure out modern D's"

" Portis was just a system back"

" Moss only got 45 catches last year stupid move to take cap hit"

" They don't even have a consisten qb"

" the line is weak, need to upgrade the guards"

" no number 1 wr" ( heard a lot fo you guys say that)

Weren't all of these proven wrong? Our offense is what 5th overall?!!? I didnt check but im guessing its around that. Come on guys, lets give a little more credit to Gibbs rather than praise moss and Brunell so much( although they deserve much praise). Maybe, just maybe, its the old mans scheme that has us ranked high...? Just imagine, this offense is getting better every week, as is gibbs adjustment to the nfl. I dont know about you guys, but I see great things for us in the future

Good post, but keep in mind we're only a season and a half into this thing. Wait till Gibbs really gets is rolling.

Archived