Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Reason We Get No Respect......

IrepDC

I have noticed that our team cannot beat any average to above average teams convincingly. Our one win that was by more than 7 was against the bumb 49ers. Every other win we have barely pulled off.

The Bears were nearing the redzone to take the lead in the 4th Qtr but Holdman tipped the pass for an INT. We squeeze out a victory.

We all know how we snuck out of Dallas with a W.

The Seahawks had a chance to win at the end but barely missed a FG. We again squeeze out a victory.

The Eagles were like inside the 10 before we got an INT. Yet again, this team barely wins the game.

When I really think about what this team has done this season I am not impressed. We have all of the talent and potential in the world but I still don't see a winning attitude. We still play to "be in the game" come 4th qtr and not to punish any inferior teams. There is no killer instinct on this team. We either play from behind or we get a lead and sit on it. When you play around with teams and leave the game open till the final drives of the 4th qtr like we've done, eventually those inferior teams will get a lucky bounce or call(like last week) and defeat us.

I do not want to be up by 1 point in the 4th qtr, with 2 minutes remaining, and our defense is trying to stop Collins, Moss, and Porter or Brees, Tomlinson, and Gates. We need to defeat these teams by 10 or more points to prove we are legit.

If anyone wonders why the media is always flip flopping on and off our bandwagon it is because we have not proven we are superior too ANY team this year except the 49ers. We could honestly be 1-8 off 4 plays total. For one game we need to defeat a quality opponent by double digits. The Raiders should be that opponent.

We've been in every game but the Giants...this team needs to dominate a little more and get some confidence....We were winning the close ones at 3-0 now we're losing the close ones..

The team has only put together one truly solid performance against San Fran.

Am I pissed at the loss..hell yeah but 2 games back with 6 to go and you play the lead players each one more time..

Get over it..

I am not saying that the skins do not have a winning attitude. I am just tired of the skins' playing "not to lose". The Skins' have so much potential and can become such a great team, but for some reason, they seem to never play to their potential. Every week, some part of the team does not show up. VS Tampa Bay, our defense did not show up, against Oakland our offense did not show up. When will this team learn that it takes 2 tango? We can only blames the refs for so long. I am always giving the skins' the benefit of the doubt, but now I have come to realize that the skins do it to themselves. A truly great team would not let the game come to a blown call. I don't want to hear Gibbs tell us how the skins' playa lot of heart, they fought their guts out or any of that. I want to see some WINS.

Youth is a beautiful thing. I'll help you gather your thoughts since I'm the expert, lol. Four plays could have us at 7-1 as well. You can't look at it that way. This team is the epitome of "heart" (winning attitude). If you play sports, which you allude to in your signature, then you understand that. Your comments don't reflect that though. This team has been in it to win it every game but NY. That’s pretty impressive. Sometimes that’s the way the ball bounces, especially in football. Stay positive young brotha'. I've been playing or following football for 15 years and this team is 2 players away from "GREATNESS." It may not happen this year, but this team, if it's core guys stay in D.C., will be a playoff contender for many years to come. You heard it hear first. I'll make sure to give the Raiders and Chargers hell at the games to give us a better chance. Keep the faith and remember a win is a win.

Signed,

The Know It All :notworthy

I posted this question in another thread... what makes you say that this team is two years away from greatness?

Now do people understand what I meant? We did the same thing today. We were up 13-3 and got satisfied. Instead of trying to pound the Radiers into the dirt we got conservative. That whole "I'll take a 1 point win" needs to stop because it is far too dangerous to play like that. It's one thin if we play our hardest and the game happens to be close, it's another thing if we're playing an inferior squad, get a lead, and sit on it(sound familiar?). I still think we have a great team but we still seem to HOLD BACK once we get the lead. Screw being classy Joe, our offense has shown they can light up the scoreboard(against a #1 defense mind you) so TRY to light up the scoreboard every game. Stop expecting our defense to protect the lead because, well, we all know by now that they can't.

I notice that some people on this site still blow off any off my posts because of my age but if you notice SOME of the stuff I say is actually true.

I thought your original post was very insightful, especially around here.

is because we don't deserve any yet. Where are the talent evaluators on this team? Our pass rush is so piss-poor thats it's really embarrasing. This has been a glaring weakness on this team for years and the team has yet to address it.

This winnable game was lost because we gave Collins too much time in the pocket to make completions pure and simple. Plus the fact that we handed them 3 extra scoring opportunities didn't help our cause any.

Were becoming soft on defense, predictable on offense and "playing your guts out" just doesn't cut it anymore. We need to seize the opportunity and win these very winnable games.

Archived