Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL TOTAL ACCESS - OFFICALS RESPONSE TO 2 Pt CONVERSION (merged)

skins1972

Typical - they wouldn't deny or say the made a bad call. His evidence of not reversing the call relied on the fact that it appeared Allstotts elbow appeared to break the goal line plane???? Doesn't the ball have to do this and wouldn't it be virtually impossible to have the ball extended further than the elbow?

Enough of this crap. Time to move on to the Raiders and the rest of the season.

Typical - they wouldn't deny or say the made a bad call. His evidence of not reversing the call relied on the fact that it appeared Allstotts elbow appeared to break the goal line plane???? Doesn't the ball have to do this and wouldn't it be virtually impossible to have the ball extended further than the elbow?

Yeah, but if he is on his back and the ball is tucked in his arm, then the ball and elbow are one and the same, so if the elbow crossed, then so did the ball.

I'm of the conclusion that the conversion was a really really tough call...and I'm serious...BUT the persepective needs to be given of the whole game officiating... IMO

I mean wow all they did was show Alstott's play and Betts sideline dance..seems fair...huh..LMAO weak ass B.S.

what about the PI no calls for INT's..what about the "force out"..What about the blocked FG and whether the center moved the ball because both ends took off the exact same time.

couple it all together and then throw in the really hard Point Conversion and you have a lot of questions about the officiating in this game. period..but Betts and Alstott evens it all out..great segment from the NFL network!!!

how about asking head Ref how in the heck did one of the refs show TD so early..we can't tell from his angle that we are watching..LOL

Mike Pierra is an ass.

That breakdown was purely unprofessional. How he stated he believed that Betts stepped out of bounds and Alstott was in.

NFL refs are busch league.

Yeah Betts was out of bounds he thinks, but he really really can't tell from the replay on Alstott...yet the guys on the field can...

our argument is not that he did or didn't score...it is that noone knows from any angle....so how the heck is that a TD???..

Well penaltys cannot be reviewed so i did not think they would show those,but that was a sham of a explanation,he was showing the sideline view of the play saying it was inconclusive,well duh..it was the endzone cam (that i guess the ref didnt see,so im ticked but if he didnt see it*shrug*) that was conclusive evidence.And eisen,pfft would he have been fined for asking a question? Well at least the fg kick goaltend thing was what i wanted to know forever...

but the elbow didnt cross the line, making what you said pointless

I understand that, but I was basing it on what the ref said "appeared" to him.

As much as I love the Skins, all of this is irrelevant unless the league is going to say "You know what, you're right and we were wrong. You are now 6-3"

Let's focus on the Raiders and stop whining about last week. It's over.

Why oh why do some refer to this subject of critiquing the play and officials as whining,if i get mugged in some dark alley and my wallet is stolen perhaps i shouldnt go to the police afraid they say "no we dont follow up cases from whiners!",and if you mean whining as consistent anger at a subject of wrong,them im whining about whiners whining about whiners..my head hurts heh.And yes i am over the loss and look forward to them raiders but im never over a wrong with no justice...

I didn't think Alstott scored until I saw it again tonight..

do me a favor...

get a football and tuck it in your right arm and lay on the ground partially sideways and a little towards your back and tell me how much of your elbow has to be across the line in order for the ball to cross the plain.

I did it..LOL..

my elbow can actually touch the line and the ball is right at the plain not across it.

Alstott..landed on his side then rolled towards his back and moved the ball across the plain after his elbow hit.

the elbow is not a part of the ball...

I'm dead serious you can actually have your elbow on the line and not have the ball cross the plane while tucked in which it was and his didn't land on the line..that's indisputable

your entire arm needs to be over the front plain in order for the ball to cross the plain when tucked like Alstott's was..

we also know for a fact that his elbow..landed 3 to 6 inches in front of the end zone and not on the line..

that elbow picture from the side they showed was a complete cop out because we know for a fact his elbow lands in font of the line....that is fact....we have indesputable evidence of that.

In order for the ball to cross the plain at the angle Alstott was at and the ball tucked like it was his elbow has to land on the back part of the line in order for the ball to be guaranteed across the plain.

ALstott was down the second his elbow hit.....then he rolls on his back and the ball crosses the plain...it couldn't have crossed the plain because it ain't possible..

case closed...we lose...LOL

This guy is a jerk. He never calls out the refs for what they don't do. He seems to praise them at every chance. I have never once seen him admit that the refs were wrong on anything. Kind of defeats the purpose of him making a weekly appearance on the show. I still cannot understand how our game was not one of the games of the week. The end result was very painful, but it was a helluva game. That Philly-Dallas game was one sided until the end, same way as our game with Dallas in Week 2, yet they decide this is the game of the week and ours is not. And who considered Miami vs NE the other game of the week?

That Philly-Dallas game was one sided until the end, same way as our game with Dallas in Week 2, yet they decide this is the game of the week and ours is not. And who considered Miami vs NE the other game of the week?

they would have had to show that great back end zone camera angle cearly showing we was robbed!!!!

Some of you guys really don't seem to understand the English language. Pierra's explanation of both calls made perfect sense. There was not enough conclusive evidence to overturn the calls on the field in either case. You could not tell if Bett's heal touched or not, and you could not see where the ball was when Alstott's elbow touched. They made the only calls they could make in both cases.

I was dissappointed that he didn't discuss the offsides on the extra point and

the push out call, b/c those calls were much more obviously wrong IMO.

I think Pieraa does a great job of explaining things on NFL network, and I don't see what he's done to warrant being called an ass and what not.

Some of you guys really don't seem to understand the English language. Pierra's explanation of both calls made perfect sense. There was not enough conclusive evidence to overturn the calls on the field in either case. You could not tell if Bett's heal touched or not, and you could not see where the ball was when Alstott's elbow touched. They made the only calls they could make in both cases.

I was dissappointed that he didn't discuss the offsides on the extra point and

the push out call, b/c those calls were much more obviously wrong IMO.

I think Pieraa does a great job of explaining things on NFL network, and I don't see what he's done to warrant being called an ass and what not.

I think the 'ass' comes from the fact that he is politcally correct/diplomatic in how he discusses what the refs did and did not do........

The 'right thing' to say is it is the best call they could make with what they had.....

That is pretty much BS.....the elbow being down in that camera angle view from the endzone, shows that he hits his elbow 6'' before the GL.......no way it is a 2pt conversion ebcause the ball can not be past his elbow......

but because they called taht he was in on the field, in hindsight they say they need blantant evidence that he was not in......

Well maybe that is not 'blantant' but anyone with 'common sense' knows that he was not in........

Archived