Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our CB Walt Harris

SHANT

Walt's not that bad. If you recall, Carlos Rogers was in the game and was beaten even worse than Walt was on a long pass to Edell Shepard that set up a Bucs touchdown earlier in the game.

Walt certainly hasn't played well, but Rogers hasn't played any better. I agree that Jimoh deserves a shot. In the Denver game, where he played almost every down because of injury, he did relatively well except for the Lelie touchdown, which wasn't his fault as it was a well thrown ball.

Don't blame Harris totally guys. When the coaching staff drafted Rogers, they thought he could start this year. He obviously hasn't been as good as they thought he would be, because Harris is still starting. In my opinion, Rogers seems to be very slow for a cornerback. While he is a good tackler, he has gotten beat deep far too often for me to be comfortable with him playing every down.

didnt rogers have knee surgury b4 the season?? If thats the case then I think he still is recovering from that.

If so, then it would make even less sense to cut Harris, wouldn't it?

Rogers has just looked very slow to me. I think he is going to be a busted pick.

Fred Smoot sucks- I'm getting tired of writing about how he could NEVER tackle, he got TOASTED for 4 qtrs. against an NFC playoff team, his showboating (no pun) outweigehd his ability. He all around makes every team he is on worse.

Plus, he asked to be pais in the top 10% of DB's. Go figure. Fred Smoot will never be half the football player Rogers will be and we would be no better with him.

Fred Smoot sucks, please drill this into your head because there is no doubt.

Fred Smoot sucks. I feel bad for the Vikings.

Fred Smoot sucks.

Every time I read one of these threads I go back to preseason when I said this guy was suspect. I told everyone that he hadn't shown me anything before and he was trouble. But most of the people on here told me I was wrong and that he was a good second corner. Guess what? I told you so!!!!!!!!!!! In all fairness, he has made some good plays this season. He has also blown several too. Carlos is NOT ready so what do you do.

And you do NOT play Jimoh. That's just the stupidest thing ever typed on here. If anyone needs to be gone it's him.

And you do NOT play Jimoh. That's just the stupidest thing ever typed on here. If anyone needs to be gone it's him.

Jimoh didn't look too bad to me in the Denver game. He seems quicker to me than Rogers, so he would be less of a liability deep. I'd give him a shot at some point if the other two continue to struggle.

1. Harris is not that bad in coverage, but has been pretty poor in run support lately. On Sunday he was a little better in run support, but had a TD scored on him, one that came on a double move that he recovered from, followed by an absolutely great play by the receiver to adjust to the ball. Harris had little chance on that play.

2. Carlos Rodgers is a rookie, one that missed a signifigant portion of training camp at that. Gregg Williams does not trust rookies. Rogers gets to learn a little bit at a time for now, and he is having some growing pains as all rookie corners do. He will be OK down the road, but for now he is being eased into it.

3. The poor secondary play on Sunday was a combination effect. Taylor was out, which our players have said made a bigger impact than expected. His replacements were not in synch with the rest of the secondary, and there were several blown coverages as a result. Marshall ended up trying to cover Galloway down the middle once in particular, you can guess the result there. It was a good play by Marshall to even recognise the breakdown. Also, Simms made some miraculous dumb-luck type throws under preassure where he just somehow threw it absolutely perfect. He could not do it again I would bet. Luck trumps everything else.

4. I don't think Springs is 100% right now, which hurts. I saw too much of Rogers and Harris on Sunday, and so did the Bucs.

5. Jimoh is not as bad as people think. It's difficult to simple jump in there and be succesfull, and that is the only way Jimoh has ever played. Let him settle in a bit and he is better than what we've seen. I actually think he would make a better safety than corner though. He really hits people out there when given the oportunity.

6. We actually won that ball game. I don't care what the effin refs say, we won.

Every time I read one of these threads I go back to preseason when I said this guy was suspect. I told everyone that he hadn't shown me anything before and he was trouble. But most of the people on here told me I was wrong and that he was a good second corner. Guess what? I told you so!!!!!!!!!!! In all fairness, he has made some good plays this season. He has also blown several too. Carlos is NOT ready so what do you do.

You're acting like this is news. Noone was excited about Harris starting, but it's part of the NFL today. He had to be our starter for the year and he will remain so. No, he is not a reliable CB. But, that is just part of the Skins '05. Lets hope he continues to hustle, because I do see him going all out every week without the BS smoot brought along.

I remember Smoot's antics. He would be beat on a play and the QB would make a bad throw that he would make a play on. He would react like he made a play of the year, where it was really he was toast **** and sucked. He just didn't get it. 'HI, EVERYONE, I WANNA BE DEOIN BUT I REALLY DON'T HAVE HALF THE ABILITY'- please. Give me Harris anyday of the week.

Walt's not that bad. If you recall, Carlos Rogers was in the game and was beaten even worse than Walt was on a long pass to Edell Shepard that set up a Bucs touchdown earlier in the game.

Walt certainly hasn't played well, but Rogers hasn't played any better. I agree that Jimoh deserves a shot. In the Denver game, where he played almost every down because of injury, he did relatively well except for the Lelie touchdown, which wasn't his fault as it was a well thrown ball.

Don't blame Harris totally guys. When the coaching staff drafted Rogers, they thought he could start this year. He obviously hasn't been as good as they thought he would be, because Harris is still starting. In my opinion, Rogers seems to be very slow for a cornerback. While he is a good tackler, he has gotten beat deep far too often for me to be comfortable with him playing every down.

think before you speak...... have you seen what walt harris has done when in the game, besides chasing wide recivers and missing tackles and sacks....... and then look at what rogers has done while in, he hasnt been beat too bad, and he knows how to tackle and cut off the rb's angles when they try to get outside

Why the hell is he still on the roster?????:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :( :(

We need to have a "Walt Sucks" smiley or frowny for this site....

I think the reason Walt Harris got burned against T.B. was because we didn't have Sean back there to give him any help. Prieloau (sp?) can't give harris as much help as S.T. can. once we have sean back it will help us tremendously.

Fred Smoot sucks, please drill this into your head because there is no doubt.

Fred Smoot sucks. I feel bad for the Vikings.

Fred Smoot sucks.

so true...

but don't you miss his "church tackles"...

you know when he got down real low, often to his knees, bowed his head and prayed the ball-carrier would trip over him

so true...

but don't you miss his "church tackles"...

you know when he got down real low, often to his knees, bowed his head and prayed the ball-carrier would trip over him

True- I guess I stopped praying too though. I would usually have to give thanks that Fred actually contacted someone.

Archived