Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving to Glen Burnie, how can I get Skins games on TV?

BeelzeBob

You can get DirecTV also if you live in an apartment. There are laws that prevent HOA and Apartment owners from preventing you from having DirecTV. You have to have some of your own area that you can use, i.e. a balcony or something. You can't put it up in a "common area".

From the DirecTV site...

Can I get DIRECTV service if I live in an apartment or condominium?

Yes! Start by asking your landlord, property manager or homeowners association if you may install a DIRECTV® System on your rooftop.

If you're not authorized to mount the dish on the roof or the side of the building, many apartment and condominium residents have the dish installed on a private patio or balcony - a clear view of the southern sky is required. If management has concerns about this, please visit the FCC website for information on your rights to use a DIRECT® Dish.

Your system installation may require structure modifications that may be limited or restricted by the terms of your lease/rental agreement. To avoid delays in your installation, we ask that you obtain written or verbal permission from your landlord, homeowners association or property manager (or, alternatively, review your lease/rental agreement/HOA CC&Rs to confirm permission is not required) prior to scheduling your installation.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/get_directv/get_directv_havequestions_installation.jsp

Wow, thanks for all the responses! Sounds like I'm good. I don't really want to move, but DC has gotten too friggen expensive, and I can do my job anywhere. I was going to have my brother tape the games for me, but that ain't too fun. Glad to know I can still watch and cheer.

Bob

I would try not moving to Glen Burnie, isnt that Ratbird country?

Yeah it is Ratbird country, and their fans usually talk all kinds of crap all year long. But after the first few weeks of this season, they have been pretty quiet and I am not sure why. :rolleyes:

Thats right the Skins are better this year! :ravensuck

I live in Odenton about 10 mile South of Ratbird, MD. I get my cable tv from Comcast located in Millersville, MD. WTTG-5 (FOX) in Washington is carried on Channel 75. Baltimore FOX is on Channel 5. Comcast, Millersville, MD, might also service your area. Also, look to see if Comcast has any competitors. Milleneum also services my area. I paid $39 dollars a month (prior to switching to Comcast High Definition) to Comcast. I now pay $55 a month for HDTV AND DVR. If there are any competitors, ask if they have any specials. Last year I was paying $19.95 a month for basis cable (espn, espn2 included) with Comcast for an entire year. Good luck!

Dude,

Living in Baltimore, the sure bet is the dish. The hd package is sick! If you are stuck w/ B-more comcast, it is never a given if the skins game is televised. That is why I pay a little more to get the football package. I watch all away games at my house. I live in Catonsville. You are welcome to come over and watch the game as long as you are not a fantasy nut. I do not flip around channels during the skins game. E-mail me if you are interested. mcvacin@msn.com

Archived