Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Real Autographs?

PortisClinton

Picked it up on Ebay the guy had alot of positive feedback so I bid for it and won it. I have since wrote him and asked him where he got it from and I'm still waiting for a response. He did say he got the autograph in person though.

:bucsuck:

I'm not quite sure why people would want to ask a question after they have bought it. It tells me that you have serious doubts about the authenticity. I have seen a few of Moss' sigs and if it makes you feel any better, it looks legit to me.

I'm not quite sure why people would want to ask a question after they have bought it. It tells me that you have serious doubts about the authenticity. I have seen a few of Moss' sigs and if it makes you feel any better, it looks legit to me.

Well I only got to see it after I received it I thought it looked legit too but just being curious you never know how valuable it may be in the future the way he's playing. Thanks for the feedback though.

:bucsuck:

Be very careful on ebay - lots of fakes out there. I collect Mark Brunell and I see sellers (both Power sellers and newbies) trying to scam people all the time. Here's some bogus samples. The 1st one is currently on ebay and the 2nd one is an older fake. For real Brunell autos all you have to do is go to my site for comparison. Appreciate any and all Extremeskins members to sign my guestbook - thank you!

fakebrunell.jpg

05_1_b.jpg

Be very careful on ebay - lots of fakes out there. I collect Mark Brunell and I see sellers (both Power sellers and newbies) trying to scam people all the time. Here's some bogus samples. The 1st one is currently on ebay and the 2nd one is an older fake. For real Brunell autos all you have to do is go to my site for comparison. Appreciate any and all Extremeskins members to sign my guestbook - thank you!

fakebrunell.jpg

05_1_b.jpg

Damn, after looking at your site I can see that those sellers didn't even try to make the autographs look real.

The first one looks really fake.

id guess it is real though, because santana seems like a good guy.

What does that mean?

It is really a crap shoot. I bought a Vladimir Guerrero photo on ebay recently at a great price. It came with a picture of Vlad at the signing, a post card sized certificate of authenticity with halogram, and a halogram on the actual photo. The seller also had great seller stats, so i think it was the real deal. But with any autograph you buy on line you can never really be 100% sure of it's authenticity.

fakebrunell.jpg

05_1_b.jpg

the second looks like my handwriting.. :D..

I have found the best way to get a comparison is to go on ebay and search through cards/memorabilia, and perform a detailed search (completed items), use the "name of the player" and "auto" in the description. All the current card manufacturers insert autographed cards into card packs these days. These cards are authenticated and usually numbered as a limited set. I suggest buying those cards versus a regular card that someone got autographed. These cards from the manufacturer will cost you more, but they will also hold some value depending on how big of a start they are.

I just checked ebay and searched under "cards", with "moss auto" as the description. There are some very nice autographed cards that are legit. Most are him as a Jet though. Add "redskins" to the description and there is one really cool looking SPX card as a redskins. It even has a piece of actual "game used" jersey insert into the card.

Also, a reputable company that deals in auto's will give you an "insured" letter of authenticity. I'd imagine that going with a strong company would eliminate any doubt of authenticity. I could be wrong, but that's what I'd look for. Ask questions about the letter, date, location of signing etc.

I'm not really a collector of autos, but there's a lot of information on the net if this is going to be something you choose to invest in. I've been collecting Redskin TOPPS sets from '48 to the present. For me there are just too many card companies saturating the market with gimmik cards, so I stick to the classics. Good luck.

Archived