Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why does nobody see the Colts are overrated?

EnFoRcEr_uPu

I realize this team is 7-0, which obviously says they are a top team in the NFL. But to say they are the best?? Give me a break. One look at their schedule and you'll see exactly why they are 7-0. The only team they've played with a +500 record is Jacksonville, whom they only beat 10-3. Here is a quick layout of their schedule and the records of those teams that they have played:

Team Record

Baltimore 2-5

Jacksonville 4-3

Cleveland 2-5

Tennessee 2-6

San Fransisco 2-5

St. Louis 4-4

Houston 1-6

Total Record = 17-34

Now, I'm not about to say the Colts are bad, or not even amongst the upper teams in the league. But they are certainly not the best. With a schedule like that, any team could be atleast 5-2(more than likely 6-1).

*edited for color corrections*

Wow...that is a soft schedule...hadn't realized that.

Their real test is this week...on the road against New England. They have to win this game (with New England's secondary decimated) to get respect....and to get that can't-win-on-the-road-at-New-England monkey off their back...

The same reason people arent acknowledging the Easy schedule that the Panthers have.

Sunday, September 11 New Orleans 1:00 p.m. L 20 - 23

Sunday, September 18 New England 1:00 p.m. W 27 - 17

Sunday, September 25 @ Miami 1:00 p.m. L 24 - 27

Monday, October 3 Green Bay 9:00 p.m. W 32 - 29

Sunday, October 9 @ Arizona 4:15 p.m. W 24 - 20

Sunday, October 16 @ Detroit 1:00 p.m. W 21 - 20

Sunday, October 30 Minnesota 1:00 p.m. W 38 - 13

Sunday, November 6 @ Tampa Bay 1:00 p.m.

Sunday, November 13 New York Jets 4:05 p.m.

Sunday, November 20 @ Chicago 1:00 p.m.

Sunday, November 27 @ Buffalo 1:00 p.m.

Sunday, December 4 Atlanta 1:00 p.m.

Sunday, December 11 Tampa Bay 1:00 p.m.

Sunday, December 18 @ New Orleans 1:00 p.m.

Saturday, December 24 Dallas 1:00 p.m.

Sunday, January 1 @ Atlanta 1:00 p.m.

the colts schedule has been soft but they have beaten up on all those teams (except Cle/Jac).

The Colts were good last year...great in fact.....the only team that has had their # in the past 3 years have been the World champs....and the Pats have had everyones # essentially.

I think that this is the Colts year. Regardless if they lose 2 or 3 games or even if they get beat on MNF this week coming up. They will likely have homefield advantage throughout the playoffs and that is huge for them and especially in that dome.

Homefield for the Colts = Big trouble for anyone. Get the Colts on grass + Cold weather = Big trouble for the Colts.

I noticed that when looking at the Colts v Pats matchup this monday.

Look at the Pats schedule....

Oakland W 30-20

at Carolina L 17-27

at Pittsburgh W 23-20

San Diego L 17-41

at Atlanta W 31-28

BYE WEEK

Buffalo W 21-16

Indianapolis

That's a mean schedule. Opponents so far have a record of 25-19

I don't see it. Your schedule comes out and you have to play it. It does not matter what the records are. The Colts are doing things right.

Their O-line has given up ONLY 5 sacks. Our O-line has given up 20.

Their defense has 26 sacks. That is tops right now. Our defense has only 12.

The Colts are +8 in turnover differential and our team is -9.

Their rush D has given up 2 TD's and ours has given up 9 TD's.

Those little things are adding up alot. Can you imagine our record if perhaps the turnover differential was even at 0?? Or maybe if our O-line had only given up 10 or 11 sacks?? Or maybe if our D-line could have had 18 or 19 sacks?? And most important, what if our defense had only given up 4 or 5 rushing TD's?? Our record might be 6-2 or even more ridiculous 7-1. The Colts are the best team in the NFL. They won't win all their games but they will, IMO, get home field advantage for the playoffs. The Colts are playing the schedule they were given and they are winning.

Now, I'm not about to say the Colts are bad, or not even amongst the upper teams in the league. But they are certainly not the best. With a schedule like that, any team could be atleast 5-2(more than likely 6-1).

Yeah, but they've gone 7-0. I think their defense might be overrated, having gone up against some soft offenses. We'll see what their defense is made of on Monday night. If the Colts beat New England, I'd say we'll see them in the Superbowl.

I don't see it. Your schedule comes out and you have to play it. It does not matter what the records are. The Colts are doing things right.

Their O-line has given up ONLY 5 sacks. Our O-line has given up 20.

Their defense has 26 sacks. That is tops right now. Our defense has only 12.

The Colts are +8 in turnover differential and our team is -9.

Their rush D has given up 2 TD's and ours has given up 9 TD's.

Those little things are adding up alot. Can you imagine our record if perhaps the turnover differential was even at 0?? Or maybe if our O-line had only given up 10 or 11 sacks?? Or maybe if our D-line could have had 18 or 19 sacks?? And most important, what if our defense had only given up 4 or 5 rushing TD's?? Our record might be 6-2 or even more ridiculous 7-1. The Colts are the best team in the NFL. They won't win all their games but they will, IMO, get home field advantage for the playoffs. The Colts are playing the schedule they were given and they are winning.

I agree to an extent...

...but when you have played 7 games, and FIVE of them have been against teams with TWO WINS OR LESS...well, it becomes a lot easier to only give up 5 sacks/for your defense to get 26 sacks/to only give up 2 rushing TD's/etc.

I noticed that when looking at the Colts v Pats matchup this monday.

Look at the Pats schedule....

Oakland W 30-20

at Carolina L 17-27

at Pittsburgh W 23-20

San Diego L 17-41

at Atlanta W 31-28

BYE WEEK

Buffalo W 21-16

Indianapolis

That's a mean schedule. Opponents so far have a record of 25-19

It better be. THey won the damn Superbowl last year...

Archived