Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Cowboys Release Anthony Thomas

jimster

Cowboys Release Thomas, Put Singleton on IR

http://sports.iwon.com/news/11012005/v6775.html

Nov 1, 6:43 PM (ET) Email this Story

IRVING, Texas (AP) - The Dallas Cowboys released running back Anthony Thomas on Tuesday and placed linebacker Al Singleton on injured reserve, ending his season.

Thomas, signed in the offseason to provide depth behind starter Julius Jones, became expendable with the emergence of rookies Marion Barber and Tyson Thompson. He had two 1,000-yard seasons in four years with Chicago before signing a one-year deal with the Cowboys.

Thompson caught the attention of coach Bill Parcells with a strong training camp and preseason. Barber has 222 yards and two touchdowns in two games as a replacement for Jones, who is battling an ankle injury. Thompson, an undrafted free agent, is the first Irving native to play for the Cowboys, and Barber is a fourth-round pick out of Minnesota.

Singleton broke a collarbone in Sunday's 34-13 victory against Arizona.

The Cowboys also placed defensive end Jay Ratliff (ankle) on injured reserve, and they signed safeties Tony Dixon and Lynn Scott, both former Cowboys.

Trust me, you dont want him in Washington.

Im not kidding when I say he was slower to the hole than Eddie George was last season and Emmitt was in his last season with Dallas.

If you dont remember, thats pretty damn slow.

... Where was this stuff when I told you that there were rumours of them wanting to trade him to New Orleans? You even called him talented.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sableholic

Anthony Thomas is talented? Hmm apparently not too much as you tried to trade him to saints and got rejected by a team with no rb.

Some team will sign him the week that they play the Cowboys, take any and all information concerning the Cowboys and their tendencies to run certain plays out of certain plays etc and then dump him. The A-train is on his way out of the league.

Trust me, you dont want him in Washington.

Im not kidding when I say he was slower to the hole than Eddie George was last season and Emmitt was in his last season with Dallas.

If you dont remember, thats pretty damn slow.

Speaking of Eddie is he out of the NFL?? Man how fast they fall in this league :(

... Where was this stuff when I told you that there were rumours of them wanting to trade him to New Orleans? You even called him talented.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sableholic

Anthony Thomas is talented? Hmm apparently not too much as you tried to trade him to saints and got rejected by a team with no rb.

He isnt bad.

Hes just awfully slow compared to what Ive been treated to in Julius Jones, Marion Barber and Tyson Thompson.

We have Polite to be the "big bruising" back for short yardage (if needed).

He will latch on somewhere.

But with the emergence of Barber and Thompson, there just isnt a place for him in Dallas.

Slow does NOT equal not talented.

Do you think Thomas could help us in short yardage? I think he could help the rB depth.

He really needs a strong O-Line that creates holes.

He surely isnt going to be making plays out of nothing.

And even when there was holes, he was slow through them.

Personally, I like Betts and think that Cartwright is better than Thomas.

Archived