Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nickelback

Commander PK

I just have to say that I think the new Nickelback disc "All the right reasons" is probably one of the best, if not the best Pop/Rock release I have heard in years. Maybe only short of Shinedown's, Leave a Whisper. There is not a weak song on this album. These guys have really improved in their playing since they broke out, and Chad Kroeger is really starting to fine tune his songwriting skills. Not to mention the guy has one heck of a voice.

Highlights include: Follow You Home (Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top does backup vocals on this one, great groove.), Photograph, (First Single, you've heard it already) Animals ( I keep playing this song over and over and over again, it rocks) Far Away (This tune WILL be released as a single, no doubt. One of the best rock ballads I've ever heard.), Side of a Bullet ( Song about Dimebag Darrell's murder, and includes a solo by the late guitarist, that was pieced together from some demos his girlfriend Rita gave the band.) Next Contestant (Anybody who ever had a knockout girlfriend can relate) , and Rockstar (With more backing vocals by Billy Gibbons)

Buy it, or download it. Great Album. :cheers:

I was thinking the same thing. The band that we should be talking about from Canada is Our Lady Peace.

Our Lady Peace was great back in the day. But that Nickleback song sucks. It sounds like they sold out....are they supposed to be rock? Photograph does NOT sound like rock. It sounds like garbage, if you ask me.

sucks.

Haven't heard this album yet though, so maybe they have done a miraculous about-face.

Listen to the album. :)

I didn't say they were the Mahler's and Mozart's of our time, nor did I say they re-invented the wheel with this album. :D but I like it. I think it's a great "pop/rock" album, with some memorable tunes. In an era of 50' cent's and Ashlee Simpson's, it's great. I'm not comparing them to the Beatles or Led Zeppellin. :2cents: :D

Our Lady Peace was great back in the day. But that Nickleback song sucks. It sounds like they sold out....are they supposed to be rock? Photograph does NOT sound like rock. It sounds like garbage, if you ask me.

ooh, harsh. ;)

Somebody must like it, it's getting played 4 times an hour. :D

What do you mean back in the day? They're still great! I went to see them live in October, they are one of the best bands that I've seen live. Their new album is awesome as well.

I don't listen to rock anymore...so they could still be good...but I don't really know. I liked em back in junior high. My brother had their cd.

I would think that people who are fans of Van Halen probably aren't too fond of a band like OLP and vice versa.

Your assessment is correct.

Much better choices by them on the 2004 tour with Shinedown, and Silvertide. Fits better. Our Lady Peace should open for Ashlee Simpson.

j/k I'm trying to get a rise out of you. :laugh: :D

Archived