Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pardon the Interruption

Boomer44

Did anyone watch the show this afternoon when they had the columnist/journalist from San Fran on? When they asked about the game he started complaining that when a team is up a certain number of points they should not throw anymore, thus SOS was running up the score. WHAT? Is there a rule that I don't know about, if so show it to me. This was the most pathetic comment I have heard so far. This guy was just another complaining, whinning baby from California. But we all know that it wasn't and Spurrier has let it known what he was trying to accomplish in the game and what his philosophy is overall, SCORE!

This reporter is exactly the type of person who Art was refering to in the "Spurrier making his points" post saying how winners have to be nice to losers and how there is a trend in society where we have to worry about others feelings in competition. That is not what competition is about and I am sick of this trend.

But, what really bothered me was that Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon did not take him to task but agreed with him and just nodded in agreement. As a Gator fan I have come to expect this regarding people complaining about Spurrier, but to have K and W just sit there and not take him to task for such a rediculous comment really bothered me.

I just saw this and totally agree they shouldn't have let this pass. The guy's only complaint was that the Skins were throwing at the end of the game.

I'm pretty sure Tony and Mike were trying to avoid looking like homers, but they know enough about this they shouldn't have let it pass.

Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

This is football men, not ballet

You try to score until the game is over

Just b/c a coach can do it better than most, doesn't mean he should get hammered for it

what a bunch of jackoffs:jerkoff:

As Skins fans, I gotta feeling we're going to be seeing a lot of this kind of ****ing about SS beating teams too badly

If we can hang 38 points on you, how is that our fault

Oh yeah, not to mention the fact that SS has got a boatload of young, unproven WR's and he needs to see how they perform in games

MORONS

I thought nobody cared who won these games? If nobody cares who wins, why wouldn't you keep trying to polish your offense?

I could see this guy's point in the regular season. He would be wrong and soft headed but I could understand his point.

In the regular season nobody should complain because SOS is risking letting a team back in the game if he passes from way a head. But again in the preseason, I thought no one cared who won, so why would they care who scored how much?

I find it funny that since the Skins won, and won BIG, that, it doesn't matter it's only preseason, we were running up the score etc....Yet if the 49ers won 38-7 the story would be, "49ers show they are ready to take the next step with a stomping over the Redskins" OR, "Spurrier: Welcome to the NFL, your grade F"

It is time to turn our thoughts to Carolina.

What the media thinks about the game last Saturday is getting old. Same thing.....everyday....over and over.

Now, if a media type steps up and says......Double S is the Man...now that would be news!!!!!!!!!!

;)

Blondie

Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE better get used to SOS throwing up about 35 - 50 pts a game if he can. I don't care if it is the 1st preseason game or the Superbowl. SOS will score as many pts as he can and he doesn't make any apologies. The last time they approved the NFL League Rules, did they put a section in there about not scoring TOO much? I didn't think so. SOS will run more in the second half, but what you will see is a defense that is gassed from all the first half pitchin' and catchin'. That's when SD will score a bunch of easy touchdowns.

Now, are the babys gonna cry about SOS scoring if its from the run? If they do, he'll start throwing it until the final 15 has run off the clock just to piss them off! F those babys!

BTW, you would NEVER hear any of this cr@p out of SOS. He will always graciously give credit to an opponent who whipped his team and he will criticize his own team for a poor effort, not the opposing team.

I hate to say it skins fans, but you will hear this garbage constantly throughout the season and mainly from dumb@sses who have never even played the game before! One thing to be sure of though, is that SOS doesn't really give two sh!ts about their criticism, and he will not forget what they said. He has a keen mind when it comes to what people have said or written about him. That's when the fun begins!

Sniveling from those guys out there is nothing new.

So guys I know alot of you expected the regular season game at Frisco to be a loss when predicting the season prior to the Japan Bowl.

What do you think now?

What is going to be interesting is that sMooch actually thinks he is going to be able to run the score up against Marv's defense.

I guess he doesnt realise the first team defense without Gardener and B Smith pitched a shutout against the niners with basically no turnover of offensive players.

I hope both teams are at full strength so there isnt an excuse at candlestick.

Actually, if a team is way ahead in the 2nd half and they start running the ball to run out the clock, one could argue that they are taking preseason too seriously and are trying to win the game at the expense of getting good practice.

For the 49ers, and perhaps the Steelers, maybe they feel so set that to them the point of the game is just to run around and get some contact to get back used to the pace of the game. That's fine, and if you weren't that concerned about the score, then don't be concerned about it afterwards. I think Garcia made a good point that the backups played badly, and if I was the coach I'd be more worried about that.

To a team with a new offense and defense, and starters and backups at QB and WR not decided, the game is about seeing what your guys at those positions can do in a real game. So the 'skins threw a lot and took chances. The 49ers had a couple more chances at interceptions and if they make them or stop the 'skins on one or two of the many 3rd-and-longs that they picked up and the score wound up more like 28-14, this whole topic wouldn't have happened.

Archived