Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Life for the Jets Being Moss-less

I was curious how the Jets fans were feeling about the Moss for Coles trade NOW, so I did some browsing and found this gem.

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=21066&page=1&pp=20

Favorite quotes:

"But at some point it just comes down to pure unadulterated speed which Moss has plenty... I miss him now more than ever."

After the monday night game in dallas: "Moss will have games like last night and disapear for 2-3 games. I dont miss him."

"He's not near the receiver that Coles is and has one big game."

"Eh, Mr Invisible. He'll have 1 rec for 12 yards next game..."

(He had 6 receptions for 87 yards against seattle the next game.)

"If I knew any of you personally I'd bet cash money that he doesn't get a TD or 100 yard game for the next 5 weeks. BTW, any of you who just ran out and mortgaged your fantasy team for him... BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

(This one made me cry from laughter. In Moss' next 4 games he produced 29 receptions, 488 yards, and 3 TDs.)

Maybe I'm just relishing in an opponents misery but I like it!

:jetssuck:

It was the Jets coaches that for some reason made Moss Mr invisible. He had a good year with them 2 years ago and then last year he didn't get much playing time. It wasn't for a lack of his talent or effort.

We see what opprotunities bring to those who desire a change to prove them selves

The Jets' problems go way beyond having Coles instead of Moss. That organization is a mess right now due to injuries. It is hard to judge whether or not Coles would be having a good year with a healthy Pennington and OLine. And I'm not saying he would be having the year Moss is having but comparisons right now aren't fair.

OMG!!!!!this guy posted a comment...I literally almost fell out of my seat....... "did you know that coles is faster then moss ? coles runs the 40 in 4.16 wile moss runs 4.43 no to menton coles is clutch when we need him moss just was never that good every one thought after his 2nd year with out the injury he would have a break out year .He never did."

Where did he get those numbers from!!!!:laugh:

']The Jets' problems go way beyond having Coles instead of Moss. That organization is a mess right now due to injuries. It is hard to judge whether or not Coles would be having a good year with a healthy Pennington and OLine. And I'm not saying he would be having the year Moss is having but comparisons right now aren't fair.

For the most part I agree Tom but some comparisons are fair, like dropped balls. I watched Coles drop at least 2 this last Monday night and I know he dropped two probable TD catches the opening week against KC. He is not doing a good job of hanging on. He had that problem last year too. While Moss seems to have fly paper for hands this year.

injuries are killing them...last year they were pretty good and the only thing really different was a healthy chad pennington and santana moss, though moss was injury plagued too. if they get a serviceable qb in the offseason they will be fine next year becuase their D is solid

Did I read this correctly. Is their message board Gangrene? Wow that is a heinous condition. Certainly the Jet's fans should hate us for raiding their cupboard the last few years. But they should look no further than their own front office when passing blame for the Moss Coles trade.

Jet fans appear quite delusional in assesing Coles v Moss. Clearly citing "stats" of dubious origin.

But please dont blame LC Jet fans, if you pass the blame to him he would drop it anyway.

i like herm edwards but besides him there is some things going on there that aren't right.

Can you say Terry Bradway? They friggin traded their 1st round draft pick for a tight end who has never had more than 32 receptions in a year (in fact his receptions have declined every year he has been in the league) and a rookie kicker. The TE lost his starting spot in preseason and the kicker can't hit the broadside of a barn.

Archived