Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Drafting of Carlos Rogers over Pacman Jones looks better all the time...

Our drafting of CB Carlos Rogers over Pacman Jones looks better every day. Especially being that Pacman Jones has also had off the field baggage as well. :laugh:

Jones is also undersized by comparison and hasn't done well with punt returns either.

From Pro Football Weekly:

The Titans have been getting killed by penalty-sustaining drives on defense, and CB Pacman Jones has been the biggest culprit. At least five times this season, a Jones penalty has resulted in an opponent’s first down that led eventually to a score. Teams are picking on Jones in the passing game, and his lack of discipline (he’s leading the team in defensive penalties) has been somewhat alarming.

He started while Springs was out, then when Harris was out. The kid still has some work to do, but he has come along pretty quickly. CB is a tough position in this Defense because they're asked to play Run/Pass Defense as well as blitz. Springs had six sacks last year.

Our drafting of CB Carlos Rogers over Pacman Jones looks better every day. Especially being that Pacman Jones has also had off the field baggage as well.]

We didn't draft Carlos Rogers over Pacman Jones. Jones was drafted prior to our pick. We did draft Rogers over Mike Williams though. Jury is still out on that one. But the verdict is looking promising (ie Moss's break-out).

I concur. There were two CBs picked ahead of Carlos Rogers. I am not going to lie about this, but I thought it was a mistake to not have taken Mike Williams. I think that his height could have been a real asset in the passing game for us. However, now that the season has started, I guess the height issue is irrelevant. So Rogers is not looking all that bad.

Archived