Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some Redskins Statistics as of Week 7....Good Stuff if you're looking to catch up

edgun88

OFFENSE

Washington has 2nd place in total yards in the NFL.... that's crazy compared to what it was last year around this time. (around 28th, I think)

As of right now Brunell leads the NFC with a 98.3 passer rating.... he's tied with Peyton Manning for third in the leage. That's awesome by the way.

S. Moss is leading the way with 743 receiving yards and 5 touchdowns.... compared to L. Coles who has only 385 yards and 1 measly touchdown. I'm tellin you we got the deal of the century. :laugh:

Clinton Portis is 9th overall in the leage and 4th in the NFC with 544 rushing yards and 3 touchdowns.

Chris Cooley is 11th in the league 6th in NFC among tight ends, with 299 receiving yards and 2 TDs

DEFENSE

Washington's defense, although struggling with turnovers, is 4th in the leage in total yards, They are only giving up 266.0 yards per game, which is great, and only 4.8 yards per play which is 8th best in the league. Not bad.

We only have 4 total takeaways this season (2 int, 2 FF) and 10 giveaways (3 int, 7 FF) which is settin us back -6 on the turnover ratio. Not impressive but it will improve.

The Skins are in 4th place in the league with only 157.5 passing yards allowed per game, along with 10 sacks

Surprisingly, we are 15th in the league in stopping the run by allowing 108.5 yards per game.

BEAT THOSE GIANTS!! :gaintsuck

The rushing ypg (allowed) will get better now that we got denver, Seatte and kansas city over with, which are top running teams, with top backs. And for the most part we had sanfran shut down till 2:00 mins left with that big gain when everyone just wanted to go home by then. So yea, with the tough running teams behind us the ypg (allowed) will only improve, I think.

Thanks for the post. It still amazes me (pleasantly) how we've truly turned around this offense compared to being in the doldrums last season. We've slipped somewhat with our D, however we are still amongst the top in the league, and can stifle most offenses.

I have a feeling Portis will continue to climb statistically. Perhaps those 3 rushing TDs sparked something within him that seems to have been lacking this season. Confidence? The stage is set for him to become a true "elite" back.

Here's to him running all over the Giants.

:cheers:

:logo:

rush ypg is a little skewed b/c of the 2 big runs by tatum bell (at least one of which should have been broken up in the backfield) and the long run against our backups last week from gore or whatever his name was on SF. hopefully we can eliminate the big play this week, that would lead to a W IMO

OFFENSE

Chris Cooley is 11th in the league 6th in NFC among tight ends, with 299 receiving yards and 2 TDs

DEFENSE

BEAT THOSE GIANTS!! :gaintsuck

all good, but Chris Cooley is an H-back not a tight end in our offense(although he will be lined up at tight end once and a while), and he is leading the league in reception yards among H-backs/full backs.

Archived