Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone else hate Kornheiser?

SkinnedUntilRed

That negative crap is what sells. Korny didn't used to be that way, but he sold out. Ironically he made a name for himself with the bandwagon series of articles he wrote during Coach Gibbs first tour.

Anyone hear LaVar yesterday? He basically had his coaches back and called Tony out (not by name).

If you hate him dont watch, read or listen to him PERIOD.

Nobody is forcing his radio or tv show to be on your tube/radio.

Yeah I agree Tony sucks.

He is a sarcastic pessimistic wannabe comedian stuck in the sports media.

Oh by the way he may have the biggest ego in the history of time but then again all these media guys do...well atleast 90%.

Furthermore he watches less sports than my gf and thats an embarrasment coming from someone who's job it is to write/talk about sports.

He does his radio thing and thats fine but when i last listened to it a few months ago he spends 80% talking about what 50 year old broads look good and who's lost weight and this and that....all that is fine and dandy to talk about on sirius or xm or wjfk.....but doing in on "Sportstalk" 980 radio is a joke.

The final coment.....Tony himself admits that he doesnt watch all the "games" regardless if a MNF or a 1pm start.

Ok im done i suppose.

hes funny to read, not much to read anymore though as his articles seem to keep getting shorter as he only cares about his radio and tv now...i dont like how hes been really negative about the skins but im sure as we get better and if we win a tough one on the road (like the one on sunday) he'll pull out the bandwagon right away

I think "Hate" is a little strong. Here is what you need to know about Tony. Since he got all into Radio and TV he has ceased being a Journalist and is now simply an entertainer. I have enjoyed his columns over the years but his TV is over the top (I thankfully have not been subjected to his radio show)

He is the Rush Limbaugh of local sports. It's all about entertainment, doom and gloom and although this story is about the team lets make it about me. Just as Rush has no credentials I would like to know if Tony has played or coached at any level. Having played two D-1 Sports and been a high school coach I am always humored by people who get there analysis from entertainers. In the final analysis entertainers are rarely, very rarely, smarter than coaches.

Read, watch and Listen its entertaining but dont ever confuse it with sports or sports expertise.

:applause:

I think "Hate" is a little strong. Here is what you need to know about Tony. Since he got all into Radio and TV he has ceased being a Journalist and is now simply an entertainer. I have enjoyed his columns over the years but his TV is over the top (I thankfully have not been subjected to his radio show)

He is the Rush Limbaugh of local sports. It's all about entertainment, doom and gloom and although this story is about the team lets make it about me. Just as Rush has no credentials I would like to know if Tony has played or coached at any level. Having played two D-1 Sports and been a high school coach I am always humored by people who get there analysis from entertainers. In the final analysis entertainers are rarely, very rarely, smarter than coaches.

Read, watch and Listen its entertaining but dont ever confuse it with sports or sports expertise.

:applause:

Agreed...When TK does do sports analysis, it is not very in depth...it comes from the point of view of a causal sports watcher, which he readily admits he is...he does not quote stats from games or anything, he calls it like he sees it..and that is that.

Personally, I can't stand Kornheiser. Every time within the last year that I have read his column about the Redskins on the Washington Post, everything has been negative in some way. I know that the guy thrives on doom and gloom, but come on.

He's not only constantly either calling out Joe Gibbs for something or denouncing Mark Brunell (even after the Seahawks game), but he is just so despondent about everthing. He's an egoist, to boot. Column before the Niners game was about how he was giving the 49ers "bulletin board material". A strange all-out assault at our head coach because he felt offended that Gibbs didn't want the media harping on how horrible the Niners were.

He's a wrinkled little bald snake in the grass, one of those friends you don't want to have because he's so negative and fatalistic about everything. I don't care whether he drove a Redskins van thirty years ago or not, I'm tired of the guy, and will dedicate my Post reading to Wilborn alone.

Dude he is making jokes :doh:

:doh:

I don't really hate reading his articles, but I HATE his radio show! He is a sports writer. So when his columns are about sports, it's ok. When he does his radio show on SPORTS talk 980, he talks about everything BUT sports. People like him think people care to know what he thinks about things. Even worse, apparently some people do care to know what he thinks about things aother than sports.

Yeah, I hate him. He is a whiney, self absorbed prick.

His show is awesome, having Riggins talk about his life then football is nice to hear every once in a while. When you have the highest rated show on the radio during that time you can do what you want :cheers:

He never said it is a sports show. I do miss his chats with Joe Morgan though, he is amazing when on the radio.

He spends too much time talking about old music and movies that only drama majors would enjoy. I listen to country, rap, and metal; play video games; read science fiction, historical fiction and books about war; watch sports as much as I can. Probably a lot like other guys 18-40 years old. In other words, I have nothing in common with Tony.

Tony K is the man. You can't take his columns too seriously. You have to take it with a light hearted approach when reading. For example, with his article about Gibbs and the "bulletin board material", he was poking fun at Coach Gibbs, not bashing him (unlike many other writers we have seen over the past season(s)). His show is merely for entertainment purposes. If you are looking for Redskins talk 24/7, you need to listen to Czeban. Unfortunately, if you listen to Czeban, get ready for sarcasm along with organization and coach bashing. At least when Tony talks about the skins, you can get an objective view.

Archived