Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Exciting Thought- Arrington this years Trotter?

cscmtp

I was thinking about how maybe LaVar gets in this weekend, has a great game, and very soon, becomes a starter again, giving our D a HUGE boost.

I think it can happen, as this is similar to last year when Trotter started the year on the bench, and IIRC, he came on about week 8-10, and their entire Eagles D just took off. Can Arrington do the same thing for us? I'm hoping so!!!

:cheers:

what don't you get? Trotter started 2004 on the bench, and didn't start for the Eagles until mid/late season. He was a huge boost for their team once he became a starter. Reid said he was one of the main reasons they got to the SB. I think Arrington could do the same this year for us. So you think that is crazy??

what don't you get? Trotter started 2004 on the bench, and didn't start for the Eagles until mid/late season. He was a huge boost for their team once he became a starter. Reid said he was one of the main reasons they got to the SB. I think Arrington could do the same this year for us. So you think that is crazy??

It is possible. Lets take it one step at a time. I'll be fine seeing him play 8-10 snaps and not being caught out of position. Its going to take a lot of effort by him to not try to do too much.

It is possible. Lets take it one step at a time. I'll be fine seeing him play 8-10 snaps and not being caught out of position. Its going to take a lot of effort by him to not try to do too much.

Tell me something since you know the game soooooooooo well when have you caught him being out of position?

I was thinking the same thing about lavar and Trotter.

Trotter had to go back to the eagles with his tail between his legs, take a pay cut, start off on the bench, then work his way to Teams, then BAM! Pro Bowl...why not, I think its a good comparison ... LA is going to come back with a vengence!

I just can't wait to hear the roar from the crowd when he jogs (or skips, I noticed he likes to skip) onto the field.

from a soap opera stand point...im interested as well in seeing how arrington comes onto the field. that will take some serious balls (and NO brains) do go drawing attention to himself by skipping onto the field.

if hes learned anything, he will come in quietly and low-key..do his dang job, and get off the field.

Nah. Just missed the turn to the pharmacy. As for Lavar, we can only hope. :)

Hope? Just put him in and see what happens! If he blows on a play or two,

sit him. Talk to him. We see it all the time on TV. Coaches talking up their players and showing them polaroid shots.

Lavar has been treated like a piece of sh!t and frankly, I'm p!ssed off. If he couldn't play, they would not have re-upped him to that huge contract extension.

However, it's good to see JG back in control. Sittin' on Lavar and holding him back could be tremendous. I remember Parcells sittin' on LT for a bit and LT came out chompin' and LT never stopped until his retirement.

I was thinking about how maybe LaVar gets in this weekend, has a great game, and very soon, becomes a starter again, giving our D a HUGE boost.

I think it can happen, as this is similar to last year when Trotter started the year on the bench, and IIRC, he came on about week 8-10, and their entire Eagles D just took off. Can Arrington do the same thing for us? I'm hoping so!!!

:cheers:

Trotter may be the most overrated player in the league. Just as Lavar making the pro bowl three times has been called a popularity contest by some, Trotter's is even worse. What people fail to realize is that at the same time Trotter started, Corey Simon and Hollis Thomas both returned as starters in the lineup. Simon was injured early and took a while to get into shape and Thomas was battling injuries early as well. When you have two guys with that size that force the O'Line to double them, most LB's will look good. Trotter doesn't look as good this year while Simon is getting credit for turning around the Colts.

I thought we weren't allowed to talk about Lavar anymore. Well, as long as we're being rebellious. . .

I hope he does come on strong and have a hunch he will. He has been pent up for so long, when he gets out there he could look like the Tazmaniana Devil. That beign said, Williams is handeling this right.

Does anyone remember Lavar sitting on the water cooler during training camp whille the rest of the team was working. Or the way he publicly criticized the team for playing him. I think Williams just kinda said, "well fine, if you don't want to play you won't.":2cents:

I actually like this comparison b/c the Eagles D last yr had fallen off a little bit and was horrible against the run...Trotter was in Reids doghouse and wasnt playing much, but when he finally did begin to play he was the piece that got the Eagles D back rolling and he made the PB after only starting 7 games... :applause:

Archived