Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MNF 10/17/05: Rams at Colts

Dah-Dee

First time I've seen the Colts this year, and one thing that seems different from the crazy offensive explosion last year is that I see nothing, just nothing, happening with the TEs, whereas they made good use of *2* TEs last year, right?

Heh, as soon as I post that Manning completes a crossing pattern to TE Clark. Figures!

Edit: Um, and, .... another one on a deep slant to Clark the very next play! Hey, Colts fans, you can send me cash in lieu of flowers please as thanks for breaking the Indy offensive jinx.

Bulger has a sprained throwing shoulder, doubtful to return.

Nice pass from Jamie Martin to Dane Looker, who gets out to stop the clock as the Rams try to add points before halftime. Martin to Holt, out at the Colts 40. 1:14 left in the half. Another completion, to the Colts 33. TO Rams. 1:03 left. False start Rams. Madden: "Jamie Martin looks pretty good on this drive!"

Completion to Holt after 2 penalties on the Rams, get back to the 36 and out. Another completion to Holt to the 31, Rams 'run the clock down' and take their last timeout w/ 35 seconds (is that really 'running it down'?) left to set up a 49-yard Wilkins FG attempt. He drills it. 20-14 Rams. Madden comments Manning will have 35 seconds or so and 2 timeouts to work with.

Rams DE Green hammers Rhodes straight back and into the turf in the backfield. Manning comes back with a scramble for the first down on the next play, to the 16. Manning to Wayne to the 10. Colts just marching down the field. Manning skips one to an open Harrison in the middle of the endzone. Weird. Madden: "I think Marvin Harrison is open a lot more than Peyton Manning looks at him."

Manning pressured and scrambles to his right, out at the 4. Looked like Harrison was open in the middle of the endzone on the isolation replay. 3rd and goal. Incomplete to Wayne, good Rams coverage that time to force the FG attempt. Vanderjagt hits the 22-yard FG. 20-17 Rams. My fantasy team is not impressed. :rolleyes:

Archived