Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bledsoe

Golgo-13

I was thinking back on a few months ago when everyone was predicting that we would end up with Bledsoe. I'm so glad we didn't get him now. He would have been so expensive and at that age Spurrier would have had to teach him a brand new system that would have been a pain in the ***. Where we now stand, I'm happy where we are.

I think the acquisition of Bledsoe makes the Bills a team that is going to be vastly more competitive this season. While he should achieve some level of sucess in Buffalo, he is just a better fit there than he would have been in D.C, especially considering his mileage as well as his cap figure. I'm glad the skins passed on him as well.

Bledsoe was a good, smart signing for the Bills, and would have been a poor signing for us. It makes sense for us to have only two kinds of QB's - vets who can start now and who are familiar with Spurrier's system (Matthews & Wuerrfel), or talented young'ins who will learn the system and grow with it (Sage, Patrick). Bledsoe fits neither category.

Bledsoe at 30 with his injury history is a qb about TODAY. Unfortunately for him, the Bills have enough holes that they are not going to be a contender for some time.

The Redskins biggest question mark was at quarterback a few months ago, but acquiring Bledoe would have meant not solidifying the defense with the additions we made from April to July.

If we go back and look at Bledsoe's career he has thrown for a lot of yards, but he has also been a quarterback prone to throwing interceptions. Even though he fought with him, Bledsoe's best years came when Bill Parcells was his coach and the team ran a slightly more conservative game plan.

It als coincided with the years Bledsoe was able to remain healthy.

Drew won't make it through a 16 game schedule with the offensive line the Bills have throwing the ball 400 times.

Yeah I'm glad we didn't get Bledsoe too. There is no denying the guy has a cannon for an arm, but he would've killed our salary cap. I'm glad that he went to a team that really needed him and stayed out of the NFC. Plus, no one really knows if that bad injury he sustained last year against the Jets was one of many bad injuries yet to come. I'm satisfied (at least for now) with the guys we have at QB.

I was screaming back then that we side step this guy and I'm glad we did however that doesnt mean I can sleep at night with the current group we have.

But if Dilfer and Brady can win a superbowl any thing is possible when you have a running game and stellar defense

Archived