Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best offense in the league?

Sanders 83

This is from my fantasy football league on cbs, so I don't know if that link will excatly work.

http://keggerffl.football.sportsline.com/news/8973017

The Washington Redskins have the league's best offense. The Seattle Seahawks fielded the best offense in the league at the start of Week 6 with a 396.8 YPG average, but the 'Skins have bettered that total in their past three contests. In that timeframe, QB Mark Brunell and his offense have averaged 399 YPG and turned what was an inconsistent unit into a juggernaut. Brunell has throw for 300-plus yards and a total of five touchdowns in each of his past two starts, and has at least two scores in each of his four starts this season. His success has also meant a monstrous increase in production from WR Santana Moss, who had 10 receptions for 173 yards and two touchdowns in a 28-21 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs. The success of this duo should continue next week when the Redskins host the San Francisco 49ers and their league-worst defense at FedEx Field.

The Redskins have the sixth ranked offense and the fifth ranked defense. Mark Brunell is looking like the Comeback Player of the Year, and Santana Moss leads the NFL in receiving yards (at least until Torry Holt plays tonight). There's a lot to be happy about on the offensive side of the ball.

The Redskins have the sixth ranked offense and the fifth ranked defense. Mark Brunell is looking like the Comeback Player of the Year, and Santana Moss leads the NFL in receiving yards (at least until Torry Holt plays tonight). There's a lot to be happy about on the offensive side of the ball.

Holt may only play at 60%.

Regardless, our O is looking dominant, if you take away the takeaways. If you look closely at all three fumbles, they were caused, for the most part, by an exceptional defensive play.

Our defense is capable of making those plays as well, even without whats-his-name. It will happen. Let's look at it this way: our offense is so much improved from last year it isn't funny. Our defense may have taken a step down, MAYBE. This is still a great combination, and good enough to win a lot of games. Sit back and watch, and enjoy.

How much creedance can we give to the argument that our Red Zone offense will "come around last"?

Both announcers and Brunell I believe were talking about how, as the field gets shorter, the game gets faster, and timing becomes all important. Do you think at this time, with even the mild QB controversy we had in the preseason/week 1 and our new Receivers, it is possible that the timing is still just not there in the Red Zone offense? Or is it more likely that our tiny but fast receivers aren't suited for the Red Zone? I love Cooley but it's a lot harder for a defense to lose him I think in the red zone when he's the number one target. Gibbs must think so too since Sean Taylor is practicing fade routes every week.

I think the timing argument makes some football sense, but I can't deny that I will start to get impatient very soon. Brunell has been the official starter for 4 weeks + a bye week, so the timing should be coming. That said, over that time, I get the feeling that the red zone offense has been improving.

ADE JIMOH is a BUM. Why is he in on any critical plays? It happened in denver and it happened again in KC. I dont think I have to call out the 2 plays that possibly coulda been the difference in these 2 ballgames.

The one thing that the announcers pointed out is how other teams have exposed the edges of the defense for running big gains. Other than that and having no turnovers, we have been doing really well.

Archived