Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Feeling like life has no meaning?

PREDICTOR

Does anybody else feel so strongly about the Redskins and winning that after a loss.....life simply has no meaning?

To me its not just a game its symbolic of life. Of your city...or your belief system...of EVERYTHING. When the Redskins win, the high is greater than if you injected me with heroin or I sniffed some drug. When they lose....its like my wife and kids were just murdered, I filed bankruptsy, and I discovered I have aids and cancer....all on the same night.

This is unbearable. I am here, staying up all night because I can't sleep. This is the life of a Redskins fanatic. Everytime I get mad and post, some of the idiots call me a troll....claiming that I could not POSSIBLY be a Redskin fans because I don't applaud them even in defeat. BULLCRAP! You applaud them. I like winning....not losing.

This is true misery for me and I was wondering if there are any other lost souls out there who feel this pain or if I am the only true Redskins fanatic who can see what we are doing wrong and scrreaming at the top of my lungs, only to be screaming in a soundproof room.

Redskins.....start drafting defensive linemen! If you don't get to the QB then you will NEVER have a winning season as is evidenced by the last 14 years. The only playoff year you have had so far in that span is when you signed Bruce Smith and Marco Coleman and they ravaged QB's during the first half of the season by getting about 16 sacks between them. Sacks create fumbles, sacks create long 3rd downs....and sacks create panic....something that is lacking when other teams play you.

In addition....there are 31 other teams out there who would be starting Lavar Arrington. Not to mention that some defensive Coodinators, like Jim Johnson of Philly, would find a way to get 16 sacks out of Lavar. But the Redskins....noooo. You have to be stubborn and sit him on the bench to make your point. What point is that? That you can lose game after game after game and blame it on the refs....or great guys who fight there guts out but are just having a bad game?

Get with it Redskins. Draft defensive linemen....play Lavar....and put in Campbell or get another QB in free agency next year...but get a QB who doesn't turn the ball over EVERY FRIKKEN game. And I mean EVERY game.

Anybody else in the league would bench Brunell and say. "Sorry Mark, I know you threw for 500 yards between the 20's...but when you turn the ball over and can't get TD's in the Redzone....we have to say goodbye. This league is about production and production is measured in TD's and winning....not in yardage.

I am a Redskins fan who has posted on several boards but I live and die for the Redskins. Right now I am dying!

My prediction? The Skins will come home...barely squeak by San Fran....you homers will claim the ship has been righted....but within 5 weeks the Redskins will have a losing record. End of story....and Gibbs will try one more time next year with the same old tired formula of pounding a racehorse into the line like a plowhorse....before Gibbs retires in defeat in 2007. Thats my prediction. Its not pretty but its going to happen...unless he stops being stubborn and changes.

Bruce Smith was not on the Redskins the year we made the playoffs in 1999.

We do not bench Brunell despite his fumbles. Other coaches would keep him in, in fact I would say the majority would keep him in. Do you want Ramsey back in? Campbell? Plus, our goal line run offense is no good, but Brunell has thrown a few touchdowns inside the 20.

Bruce Smith was not on the Redskins the year we made the playoffs in 1999.

We do not bench Brunell despite his fumbles. Other coaches would keep him in, in fact I would say the majority would keep him in. Do you want Ramsey back in? Campbell? Plus, our goal line run offense is no good, but Brunell has thrown a few touchdowns inside the 20.

Argggh, beat me to it! http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/SmitBr00.htm

Well, there have been pretty well performed studies and to keep it brief;

you would be considered what they call a pessimist. It's a layman's term, but look into it. Nothing is wrong with it. However, if you realize this you might realize things are not that bad. And, possibly that Joe J. Gibbs is an excellent coach.

Cheer up partner :)

ummmm, damn bro. Really, it's only football.

Then why do people pay $100 per ticket for four people, pay parking, buy food, and bet on the game and lose $1000 in one day just because its football.

It actually is more...much more to some of us. I wish it was just a game. If it was I would not spend $400 on direct Tv in 4 months to get the service and NFL ticket. Just a game? No..no really.

Well, there have been pretty well performed studies and to keep it brief;

you would be considered what they call a pessimist. It's a layman's term, but look into it. Nothing is wrong with it. However, if you realize this you might realize things are not that bad. And, possibly that Joe J. Gibbs is an excellent coach.

Cheer up partner :)

Here is what I believe. Joe Gibbs is a good human being. He use to be a great coach. I believe the game has passed him by and that he is STUBBORN. Why would you take a racehorse like Portis...and try to turn him into John Riggins by plowing him into the line left....and plowing him into the line right.

If you want a plow...put Nemo in. Why play Cartwright? He fumbles, and its not the first time. Gibbs drafted Nemo...so if he didn't intend to play him, why in the hell did he draft him. Thats what I'm talking about. Gibbs doesn't make sense.

Here is what I believe. Joe Gibbs is a good human being. He use to be a great coach. I believe the game has passed him by and that he is STUBBORN. Why would you take a racehorse like Portis...and try to turn him into John Riggins by plowing him into the line left....and plowing him into the line right.

If you want a plow...put Nemo in. Why play Cartwright? He fumbles, and its not the first time. Gibbs drafted Nemo...so if he didn't intend to play him, why in the hell did he draft him. Thats what I'm talking about. Gibbs doesn't make sense.

Jesus Christ, I've had just about enough of this troll...

If you can't see the turnaround this team has made since last year, and how we're thousands of times better than we were last year, and that is a DIRECT result of coaching and players buying into the system, then you are a blind man, and there is nothing that can be done for you.

The game has passed Gibbs by??? Is that why we're fielding a top 5 offense? How do you explain him bringing in Santana Moss, who has turned out to be a beast? How do you explain him drafting Chris Cooley, even though all the "experts" (same guys who are saying the game passed Gibbs by and whose feces you are regurgitating now) said we drafted him too high? He's a beast! How do you explain how well Mark Brunell has played, even though everyone thought his career was over?

Get a clue, man. Maybe if you spent less time agonizing over losses and actually studied the game so you knew what you were talking about, then you might have something intelligent to say.

:troll:

See Om, no namecalling! I layed the smackdown on that pesky roomate... :)

Jesus Christ, I've had just about enough of this troll...

If you can't see the turnaround this team has made since last year, and how we're thousands of times better than we were last year, and that is a DIRECT result of coaching and players buying into the system, then you are a blind man, and there is nothing that can be done for you.

The game has passed Gibbs by??? Is that why we're fielding a top 5 offense? How do you explain him bringing in Santana Moss, who has turned out to be a beast? How do you explain him drafting Chris Cooley, even though all the "experts" (same guys who are saying the game passed Gibbs by and whose feces you are regurgitating now) said we drafted him too high? He's a beast! How do you explain how well Mark Brunell has played, even though everyone thought his career was over?

Get a clue, man. Maybe if you spent less time agonizing over losses and actually studied the game so you knew what you were talking about, then you might have something intelligent to say.

:troll:

See Om, no namecalling! I layed the smackdown on that pesky roomate... :)

A top 5 offense? How is it that the Skins haven't scored 30 points in YEARS, not in weeks? The Skins havne't scored more than 3 TD's in a game since I don't know when. They turn the ball over multiple times per game and give up a score per week to the other team.....the OFFENSE gives up a score. How is this a top 5 offense? Certainly not because of a couple of lucky hail mary passes to Dallas or just because Josh Brown missed a field goal by 1 inch in the Seattle game.

You are an idiot if you keep saying I am a troll. I have been a Redskins fan since before you were born. I wouldn't be up all night suffering if I didn't bleed bergundy out of my sweat glands. Get some sense.

So you feel like football is more important than God and your family? You need some serious help now.

The Redskins have become family. When they fail I fail. The Redskins have become my religion. When they lose, my life suffers. You have your beliefs and I have mine.

And the only help I need is for the Redskins to wise up and draft defensive linemen so they can pressure the QB and get turnovers and start winning.

I can say I feel like I wasted a trip to watch the Skins fumble a win away, but my life has plenty of meaning when I get home and look at my son.

Good for you. I am happy that not everyone will know the pain of staying up all night, brooding, pacing, posting, and dealing with this headache and incessant pounding in my head. I wish it was a nightmare and i could wake up and it was Sunday morning and the Skins were headed for a win. But, alas, it is my nightmare and it is real.

Go to bed my friend.

And here's the worse part: I work with a guy who has "DALLAS COWBOYS" tattoed on his arm in big letters. I have to hear from him now that the sunufabi$ch is in first place and ahead of the Skins. Why oh GOD why can't the Redskins ever have a winning season and make the frikken playoffs? Am I in purgatory and reliving the same nightmare over and over every year for eternity? It seems that way. Maybe I am dead and this is truly HELL!

Y- this guy doesn't seem right Rock-

I just gave him the benefit of the doubt at first- but he may be a hater.

If you read all of his posts, they are ALL negative. He does not have one good thing to say about the Skins. That, my friends, is trolling. And if you're smart, you'll promptly add ol' PREDICTABLE to your ignore list. He has nothing positive to add to any discussions, so reading his posts is a waste of time.

And if he's 54, I'm the queen of England.

Good for you. I am happy that not everyone will know the pain of staying up all night, brooding, pacing, posting, and dealing with this headache and incessant pounding in my head. I wish it was a nightmare and i could wake up and it was Sunday morning and the Skins were headed for a win. But, alas, it is my nightmare and it is real.

Go to bed my friend.

Would love to, but the life of a night person just won't let me.

Don't get me wrong, it makes me sick to see them lose, but when they have the game only to fumble it away, no playing calling in the world can fix that problem(unless the don't fumble play starts getting called).

I wish I could go into a coma for 7 days and then come out of it right before the next Skins game. But the worse part is I only have 1 Weekend off per month from work, and this was it. I can't watch another Redskins game on Sunday for another month. This really sucks because my ONE frikken weekend I have off and I really needed to relax, but instead I am wound so tight I feel I could kill or have a heart attack.

This really sucks.

Bad enough my team has lost, my life is filled with misery...but now homers and idiots are attacking me for being a diehard.

Dude...you're not a die hard fan. A die hard fan is actually knowledgeable in the game of football, and knows when a team has improved drastically from one season to the next. A die-hard fan can see that the Skins outplayed Denver and Kansas City, and lost two close games. A die-hard fan can see that as soon as we eliminate just ONE mistake a game, we're going to be unbeatable.

You're just a bitter hater that either loves Ramsey or loves Arrington, and is mad at the team for not playing them. All you do is spit venom about my beloved Redskins, and its pretty sickening. So go to www.dallascowboyszone.com with that garbage. We've got enough trolls from the other teams, we don't need them from our own ranks.

Today is the first Redskins loss in a long time where I walked away from the tv, felt pretty nasty for an hour and then started to let it pass.

Usually i'll be horrible to be around till Tuesday and then get over it on Wednesday.

I'm like that for Houston Rockets playoff games or when they lose to the Jazz :mad:

Feeling like life has no meaning?

Nope.

I slept well last night. I will go to work today and smile at the children and teachers.

I will come home tonight and watch Monday Night Live and Monday Night football.

And I will continue the week watching and listening to as much Redskin football as I can get in Texas.

THEN on Sunday, I will watch MY beloved Redskins return to FedEx and beat the 49ers.

And life will go on.

And we will be 4-2.

Blondie

Get serious man, I get more joy out of watching my 15 year old son play junior high football then I do watching the Redskins. I've been a Skins fan since 1969, but there's no way I put Redskin football before my family. I do get upset when they lose, but your going way overboard on this deal. Get with reality. There's more to life then the Washington Redskins.

Archived