Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The offense drops the ball 3 times, and we blame the defense for the loss

Mr. Nostril

This seems like the most unlogical way to deal with this situation. However, I've seen way too many posts blaming the defense for not causing turnovers, and the media is echoing this. I'm not saying we have the perfect defense, but it was the offense who dropped the ball 3 times. A defense that gave up only 2 tds, under 200 yds in the air, and 100 yards on the ground, against last years #1 ranked offense, and this years 4th ranked rushing offense, doesn't deserve this type of abuse. Am I the only one who see's this as ridiculous?

I don't particularly care about defense causing turnovers. Our offense causing turnovers is the reason we lost. But there's no doubt that our defense is regressing. They allowed some big plays for the chiefs that were basically inexcusable. The offense, when it's not fumbling, is clearly the superior unit. There's a lot to work on.

I think the offense is responsible for more big screw-ups.

The defense gave up one big play(the holmes td). The offense also gave up one big play(the fumble return). So, it's even, But the offense dropped the ball 2 more times besides that play. I think a defense is allowed to give up 1 td drive without getting too much flak.

Also the defense ISN'T doing something that would make us better. The offense IS doing something that makes us work. It makes more sense to complain about the part that's actively hurting the team, than the part that's passively keeping us from moving to the next level. I love the improvement, but contrary to the comment of "Redskinzownyou," I have to say the offense is still the inferior unit. The defense is holding opponents to field goals or less, when the offense gives them a short field. It's still the defense that's keeping these games close.

The offense in turning the ball over too often, and the defense not causing enough turnovers is a problem. This was as frustrating a game to watch as I've seen this season, because the Skins are better then last season, but finding ways to lose, rather then win. If anything, the Skins are building towards success, and believe Gibbs is doing a good job in reversing the Norvitis...

Archived